shape
carat
color
clarity

Cuban Cigars?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone know THE elite brand of cubans or other very well known brands... gotta name a kitten :)

He''s "Havana" for now....

havana.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No clue on cigar names. Your kitty is just adorable. Love those blue eyes!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
You want to name that BEAUTIFUL baby after something addictive and carcinogenic????? How ''bout something more benign...like "Fluffy"???
2.gif

widget

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
he''s absolutely adorable, sara!

the most popular brand of cuban cigars is "cohiba". "montecristo" is pretty popular as well.

does it have to be a cuban cigar or just a cuban/spanish word? i can try to come up with some other suggestions.

novia

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:17:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh
No clue on cigar names. Your kitty is just adorable. Love those blue eyes!!!
Well he''s not really ours... or he is by default along with the rest of them. This is MY feral cat story... we just brought them in the house today. She just took them out of her hiding spot yesterday - we''ve been feeding her. She''s been living here for longer than the 2 years we''ve owned (4 that we know of) and has been THE most shy cat I''ve ever known, never letting us get within 30 feet of her. NO ONE in the neighborhood has ever gotten close. Then 3 weeks ago she all of a sudden just started coming to us (we knew she was preg and so we were feeding her on our porch... so she suddenly got very friendly and within a day was letting us pick her up and bring her in the house... well the last week she wasn''t around as much, shorter periods, and my guess its because they kits were getting more mobile. So we have them all in the house, gonna get her fixed so no more kittens... and we''ve been wanting a cat so we might keep one of the kittens. We''d like to keep her but we really don''t believe in outdoor cats and I don''t know how I can convince her not to go outside since she''s lived there for years. Anyway, here''s some more pics:

mamanursing.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:32:27 PM
Author: novia

he''s absolutely adorable, sara!

the most popular brand of cuban cigars is ''cohiba''. ''montecristo'' is pretty popular as well.

does it have to be a cuban cigar or just a cuban/spanish word? i can try to come up with some other suggestions.

novia
My daughter started calling him Havana because he is dark brown and she thought of tobacco leaves. I think Havana is a little effeminate for a boy so I thought of naming him a type of cigar. Wiget has a point though I''m not sure it would limit me, especially if it was something that had an old 20''s feel to it ala casablanca or something... and yeah I know that was morocco LOL We''ve tossed around Java....

Here''s another pic of him, he''s actually a tabby with dark brown and black stripes. And a tiny tuft of dark dark orange in one ear LOL NO white at all.

havana3.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s "Callie" which is another one we might keep - she''s the laziest and I love lazy cats! She needs a better name too.... I think 50% of callicos are named callie LOL

calliecat.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are the two other kittens, four total. one is browner than the other... the greyer one on the right has such a pretty face.

twotabbies.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...pretty classy girl for being feral!

ETA: I posted this before seeing the other pictures. HOW ADORABLE!!!!

How about "Starbucks"....coffee-ish and literary!
5.gif

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
"bolivar" is another cuban cigar.
you could call him "boli" for short.
(it works really well in spanish, but i''m not sure how cute it would be in english. your husband speaks spanish though, right?)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the mama, a long haired, LIGHT blue eyed, seal point of unknown origin.

The father a neighbor (actually THE neighbor from the other thread lol) caught in a trap a couple months ago, he was a real mean tomcat very feral and wild and troublesome. He was all orange and striped. Like the calico''s lower face.

I heard her get pregnant one night a few months ago outside my window. She''d been howling and all of a sudden you could tell she was gettin'' some
32.gif
::sigh:: I''m just glad after years of being alone she decided to trust us and you can tell she''s very happy other than that we have a dog.

I didn''t sign up to be the owner of a cat and 4 kittens... and I just don''t know what to do with them. We''d been wanting to get a cat for a while now but all of a sudden we have 5!! We want indoor cats and mama is... well I think at some point she must have been inside because she''s not miserable in here, but I am going to have to play it by ear as to whether she can blend in here in the long run. DEFINITELY gonna fix her though.

cbkitty.jpg

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
"humo" is cute too.
(the h is silent and the u is pronounced kind of like in "plume").
it means smoke in spanish, so it could work for a black cat.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:45:25 PM

''bolivar'' is another cuban cigar.
you could call him ''boli'' for short.
(it works really well in spanish, but i''m not sure how cute it would be in english. your husband speaks spanish though, right?)
bow lee vah is how I''d say it.... similar to zsazsa saying "oliver" in green acres LOL And he speeks it some but his parents spoke english in the house because they wanted to learn it and become citizens. Well his mom did, his dad just became a citizen about 5 years ago. Boli is cute :) ::adds to list:: keep ''em coming!!

Oh, the mama we named Layla. My daughter called her Himalaya so we started calling her Laya but our dog is Teila and the L just kinda fell into her name LOL

widget

Ideal_Rock
I vote for keeping Mama if she can get along....she's earned a life of pampering! Also, I'd be touched and honored that she decided to give up her wild ways and let you look after her babies.

Hopefully the babies will be easier to place in other homes...

Just curious...why only an indoor cat? Why not indoor/outdoor?

widget

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
"montecristo" might be a little long, but "monte" i think would be cute.
named after a popular cuban cigar and yet less carcinogenic perhaps?
9.gif

it also works in both english and spanish.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:49:42 PM

''humo'' is cute too.
(the h is silent and the u is pronounced kind of like in ''plume'').
it means smoke in spanish, so it could work for a black cat.
My son suggested "Kettle" LOL I think I like Bolivar the best... we had a black cat named Armani but he died
7.gif
I also had a white cat named Chloe and we got armani fixed at 6 months but he''d gotten chloe pregnant and she and two of the kittens died at birth :*( so we kept the baby who was only 9 months younger than the father and named her Mayana. She died 9 months after her father from the same thing her mother did - blood clot :*( And she died just 2 days after I brought my youngest home from the hospital and I hadn''t gotten to see her because she went in the hospital the day I came home but before I came home - she was paralyzed from the waist down.... I got chloe when I was 19 and ignorant and she was an indoor cat so I didn''t get her fixed... I cried so hard when she died.... and she left me with a baby I had to hand raise from birth and the baby got bitten by a spider we think and a whole quadrant of its body swelled up and she was so feverish at just about a week old.... but she lived and she was tiny - 4 pounds... so my youngest will be 6 in july and we haven''t had a cat since he was born and I''ve missed it so bad..... but 5 cats in one day is a bit much LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:54:00 PM

''montecristo'' might be a little long, but ''monte'' i think would be cute.
named after a popular cuban cigar and yet less carcinogenic perhaps?
9.gif

it also works in both english and spanish.
I did a search and saw that name (but I thought I''d ask here because I don''t know what THE classic cigar name would be) and thought of using chriso.... I had a huge crush for two years on a boy named monte when I was in 5-6 grade and I don''t think I could call a cat monte LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:52:58 PM
Author: widget
I vote for keeping Mama if she can get along....she''s earned a life of pampering! Also, I''d be touched and honored that she decided to give up her wild ways and let you look after her babies.

Hopefully the babies will be easier to place in other homes...

Just curious...why only an indoor cat? Why not indoor/outdoor?

widget
I''m allergic to cats, but I''m more allergic to grass and when they roll around outside in it I''m very itchy. The combo isn''t good. I can live with having a cat I''m allergic to. Done it for years... some more than others, some I could even have in my bed but others I can''t even touch... other reasons to not have an indoor/outdoor cat include: Cars, disease, dirt. Mama will NOT be abandoned. We will keep her as an outdoor cat at the very *least* though I''d be open to finding her a GOOD home or letting her be an indoor cat. But we might keep her AND a kitten or two... definitely not all 5 though!!!!!!

And yes, mama cat is my favorite

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
how about azul for the bright blue eyes

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 3:30:02 PM
Author: nsaids_nurse420
how about azul for the bright blue eyes
good! Let''s see....

Azure
Cerulean
Cobalt
Cornflower
Denim
Indigo
Periwinkle

Seal
Sepia
Bole
Bistre

Espresso
Java
Mocha
Macchiato

Cubano (maybe should just use this??) Cubano (Sp. "Cuban"): Sugar is added to the espresso grounds during brewing for a sweet taste. Sugar can also be whipped into a small amount of espresso after brewing and then mixed with the rest of the shot.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Cohiba
Montecristo
Romeo y Julieta
"Cigar" as a name?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 2:40:50 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
here are the two other kittens, four total. one is browner than the other... the greyer one on the right has such a pretty face.
LOL I just realized that in this picture the grey one on the right does NOT have a pretty face LOL When he''s not scrunched he really does though LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute kitties! The first thing that popped into my head when thinking of a cuban/spanish name was Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride. "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" LOL! I see you have "Indigo" as a possibility relating to the kitten''s blue eyes...maybe you could pronounce it "Inigo" instead--double meaning, hee hee.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee...it just occurred to me that a lot of kitty-lovers are going to miss this eye-feast because of the thread''s "vague title"!!!
9.gif

Cehra....great new avatar!

I like "Macchiato". "Macchi" has a nice ring to it...

widget

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Mama is regal and her babies are soooo cute!! I''ve always had at least one kitty and sometimes two , but never five although I would in a heartbeat if DH were willing
7.gif

Unless you live on a large piece of land in the country, I''d be tempted to keep them indoors as well. Our last kitty died after being hit by a car so no more outdoor kitties for us unless we move.

You''ve got a great selection of names already, but please change your avatar before you scare the life out of these babies (and me); you''re a grandma now so no scary pics
20.gif

Thank goodness no one chose the names Fidel or Raoul
11.gif

Good luck!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Bless you for letting them all come inside! The mama is gorgeous and her babies are so cute! I doubt you''ll have too much trouble finding homes for the "extras", but keep the ones you can! (says the woman with 2 cats and wanting another...)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 3:59:10 PM
Author: monarch64
Cute kitties! The first thing that popped into my head when thinking of a cuban/spanish name was Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride. ''My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!'' LOL! I see you have ''Indigo'' as a possibility relating to the kitten''s blue eyes...maybe you could pronounce it ''Inigo'' instead--double meaning, hee hee.
oh how funny... my husband says this all time LOL I like double meanings!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pictures in this thread are so adorable!!!!! I love little kitties!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 4:56:12 PM
Author: kcoursolle
The pictures in this thread are so adorable!!!!! I love little kitties!
They really are sweet! I need to figure out what to do... ideally I''d have them fixed before they had homes but that''s 3-6 months from now and I dunno, 5 cats is a lot!!

They all have bluish eyes... the calico is most green but the brown/black one has eyes like mama and I bet they stay blue like hers are.

4kitters.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Cehra - those kitties are so lucky to have you!! That''s so wonderful you''ve been able to take them in and care for them like that - bless you!

They are all just gorgeous - especially mama. I think if you''re keeping any, and she is amenable to it, she would be high up on the list, because kittens are much easier to find a home for than older cats. Of course, if she just isn''t willing to stay inside, its great that you''re willing to keep her as an outdoor cat and still look out for her and get her fixed.

Re: the blue eyes, they almost all have blue eyes at that age. Over the next few weeks their final eye color should become apparent.

Re: getting them fixed, they can be fixed when they weigh 2 lbs. A few places make you wait until 2.5 lbs but most will do it at 2 lbs. Usually this is around 8 weeks. They look to me to be at least 4-5 weeks old, so that''s not very much longer. You DEFINITELY don''t want to wait until they are 6 months old - the girls could be pregnant by then. It can happen as early as 4 months old. I''m sure you can find a place near you to do a free or low cost spay or neuter on each kitten as well as mom, and most will also do a microchip at the same time for a minimal fee.

I would strongly encourage you to work with a rescue group in finding homes for the ones you''re not keeping if you can - unfortunately there are some very sick people out there who would have really horrible motives for these kitties, and a rescue group can help you screen potential adopters so you are sure you are sending them to a good home. If it''s friends and/or family that you know well and will stay in touch with, this isn''t so important, but you might be rehoming one or more to strangers or people you don''t know well, its CRUCIAL that you do something to screen them, preferably with professional health, and that you charge some kind of fee for their adoption - otherwise people are a lot more likely to adopt them and sell them to research labs, use them as bait for fighting dogs and other horrible things.

Good luck and thank you again for rescuing these babies - kitties need all the friends they can get in the world!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results