shape
carat
color
clarity

Cruises are starting soon !!! Would you go for a 7 day Cruise this time ?

Cruises are starting soon !!! Would you go for a 5 / 7 day Cruise this time ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
Staying at home or WFH since a year or so... no breaks ... no travelling ... no relaxing moments with spouse or family ...

At such time if you get to hear that Cruises are re starting and have good offers on to grab ... would you think of giving a shot at this situation ? or you might wait for the right time to come and then take time to relax .. .

Do write down your views...

PS. I am not a TRAVEL AGENT or related to any kind of promotional activity encouraged by and Cruise companies

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Nope, not happening anytime soon. We usually go to the Caribbean for a week every year and we won't be doing that this year.
I don't know when that will feel safe again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Not safe enough (IMO) yet.

Buy the bling instead. :)

sparkle.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We booked a cruise from Istanbul to Athens for the end of August, and this week the cruise company cancelled it :cry: With all the measures that they’re putting in place, we’d have felt quite comfortable going.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't think cruises will happen again, for a number of years.

However, even when they do, no, I wouldn't go. I am firmly in the camp of cruising is not enjoyable at all. I honestly wouldn't even go if it was free (and yes, I have been on one before- a few- my parents are cruisers).

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
Maybe cruise again in 2023 or later. I don't like the (current) requirements for going ashore with a ship's tour only.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Also, I think and could be wrong, that we are going to see an issue with what vaccine someone received and whether that meets the threshold to travel, or go to something. When you compare some of them, there are clearly ones that come out on top and those that offer less benefits. I do think we will see a real life posture of people that got x and y, but not these, will be able to access things that others cannot, due to the vaccine received.

Eta: this is already occuring. If you want to go to China, you have to have their vaccine.

And the EU is talking about a similar idea. To enter you have to have an EU approved vaccine and the Chinese made vaccines don't qualify.

The idea of a vaccine is a path back to normal is mired in a lot more complexity than anyone probably wants to admit.

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think people who have self isolated will be at a greater risk for many illnesses because their immune system have not been exposed to the usual pathogens for quite a while. So I would take that into account before exposing one's self to a large number of people sharing space together.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a germaphobe and thought cruises were floating Petri dishes before the pandemic. The pandemic has done nothing to improve my opinion of them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a germaphobe and thought cruises were floating Petri dishes before the pandemic. The pandemic has done nothing to improve my opinion of them.

We went on a 3 night Disney cruise when my kids were little and both my son and I got sick. I've always been a hand
gel person (before Covid) but that was still not enough to keep us from getting sick. So, in other words, I'm not a cruise person.

If I did enjoy cruises I dont think I would go right away. I would want a good 6 months of cruises under their belt (the cruise lines)
to make sure they ironed out all the problems.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think cruises will happen again, for a number of years.

However, even when they do, no, I wouldn't go. I am firmly in the camp of cruising is not enjoyable at all. I honestly wouldn't even go if it was free (and yes, I have been on one before- a few- my parents are cruisers).

Agree 100%

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the last vacations I will be willing to take. Also, consider that you will be surrounded by all the no-maskers who think it is fine to go on a cruise now. I mean if it were all sensible souls like you, then maybe... I don't think they screen for that.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
No way José. Cruises are giant floating poop platforms. Even before the pandemic it was common to have Norovirus outbreaks and many people came home with bad gastro issues.

The only cruise I might have considered would have been the QE2, my parents tried it and enjoyed it. But she doesn't exist anymore.

And now with Covid, I really don't think being confined with so many other people, eating meals from buffets with them, etc. is safe.

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
We have two Caribbean itineraries booked for late February 2022 (rescheduled from February 2021). I have already booked the flights and pre/post hotels. If the cruiseline does not cancel them we intend to go.

We have been on over twenty cruises and have not had issues with sickness. However, we do avoid the buffet, wash our hands, and use the available hand sanitizers. We have been doing this routinely at stores and restaurants for a number of years, since door handles, shopping carts, etc. are normally pretty filthy, even pre-pandemic.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disney is the cleanest cruise line on the seas. Consistently gets an A for cleanliness by cruise critic. I have done 21 Disney cruises and never gotten sick. We had one scheduled for September that was just canceled. We have two booked for 2022. Im not going to go if I need to wear a mask, so we will see about next year. I am not an anti masker, it’s just too much money to spend on a vacation trapped in a mask.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Way, Jose !!!

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't but I know many who are. Not sure if cruises are starting in the states anytime soon as there's some interesting happenings between CDC, the industry and now congress. from what I've been reading on cruise critic, cruises are already starting in bahamas Jamaica and other countries.

While I'm fully vacinated, I don't plan on taking anything more than a staycation (if that) for a few years. I want to go back to Ecuador but will not do so at this time. I'll wait until I feel its prudent for me to go.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only cruising I’ve done was one a bareboat rental - after which I came down with a very persistent case of athlete’s foot courtesy of the other female on the boat, with whom I shared shower/head facilities!

I wouldn’t mind trying a cruise on one of the smaller ships some time. However, I’ve no interest in doing so until the industry and the countries that host cruise ships come up with a way to deal with what would happen should something like the pandemic hit again. I’ve no desire to be trapped on a boat because countries are afraid to let passengers from that boat disembark.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I am firmly in the camp of cruising is not enjoyable at all. I honestly wouldn't even go if it was free ...

+1.
Even before C19, it would take a large caliber gun to persuade me to go on a cruise!

They are designed for people who are the polar opposite of me ... many people crammed together in a small space, overeating unlimited fattening rich foods, gambling, lounging in the full sun, sharing a dining table with strangers making small talk UGH!, stops at tourist traps, dancing, loud music.
All that stuff would drain the hell out of me.

I'd much rather just sit under a tree ... far away from all humans and their creations, with a good book and supplies to paint a watercolor.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. Not safe enough (IMO) yet.

Buy the bling instead. :)

sparkle.jpg

Before we settled on our house i wanted to take Gary on a cruise around Tasmania
It was only about 5 days and was very reasonably priced and i thought a nice intro to cruising

I was very angry and sad he said no
so i marched off down the mall and bought a ring and earings that cost the amount of the cruise !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How do you guys make the little thingy that goes above the word Jose to make it sound right?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before we settled on our house i wanted to take Gary on a cruise around Tasmania
It was only about 5 days and was very reasonably priced and i thought a nice intro to cruising

I was very angry and sad he said no
so i marched off down the mall and bought a ring and earings that cost the amount of the cruise !

That would be me.

Apparently there are ferries in Alaska that let you pitch a tent on their decks? That’s the only cruise my hubby would even consider. No thank you.

If I go on a cruise, it’ll be with one of my SILs or a girlfriend!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone because I know hundreds of thousands of people love cruising, but the last place on earth I would want to be is on a big cruise and that was pre covid! :roll2: To me the big cruise ships are floating shopping malls and just not appealing. The Ruby Princess debacle here in Australia showed how devastating a covid outbreak is on a ship. Just no thank you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone because I know hundreds of thousands of people love cruising, but the last place on earth I would want to be is on a big cruise and that was pre covid! ...

If everyone just accepted the truth that people vary, and internalized and lived it, we wouldn't need to be concerned that revealing we aren't similar to others could offend them.

Just saying.

This, "There is only one right way to be." thing is quite problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
If everyone just accepted the truth that people vary, and internalized and lived it, we wouldn't need to be concerned that revealing we aren't similar to others could offend them.

Just saying.

This, "There is only one right way to be." thing is quite problematic.

View attachment 828179

@kenny you're so right. I HATE CRUISES! THEY GROSS ME OUT!! Sorry, not sorry!!! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results