shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown & pavilion question

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of alternates that you may like and is reasonably close to the $14.8k wire price of the 1.537.

WF ACA 1.601 G-SI1 @ $14,366

About $500 cheaper than the wire price of the 1.537 and right at 0.20mm better spread. Double check with WF on it being eye clean, but I think it will check fine. I might ask them if either feather becomes noticeable as you twist & rotate the stone.

FYI, the 1.601 has a little larger table and shallower depth pushing some of the carat weight in the horizontal plane to increase spread, while still staying within ideal proportions.

Looking at the video, the stone still has plenty of fire so was not negatively affected. However, it's a wise use of carat weight and IMO gives you a little more bang for the buck in that regards.

https://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.54ct-round-7.37x7.39x4.57-vs-1.6ct-round-7.55x7.58x4.6/

Capture1.PNG

WF ACA 1.627 G-VS2 @ $15,698 wire

For about $900 more than the wire price of the 1.537 you can stay in a VS2 clarity, and that same 0.20mm gain in spread. Aside from clarity, the main differences being this stone has a slightly smaller table and more depth so a little more of that carat weight is pushed in the vertical plane so while it weighs a little more it doesn't necessarily have a larger spread.

https://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.54ct-round-7.37x7.39x4.57-vs-1.63ct-round-7.56x7.6x4.64/

Capture2.PNG

One final size comparison. The 1.601 vs the 1.627.

https://www.diamdb.com/compare/1.6ct-round-7.55x7.58x4.6-vs-1.63ct-round-7.56x7.6x4.64/

Capture3.PNG

This is extremely helpful! Can't thank you enough.

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
I personally would rather have a VS2 for an engagement ring. So I'd choose the one you have on reserve or the 1.62. But if you think size is the most important factor to her, then you could go with the 1.60 that Sledge linked if the 1.62 is above budget.

Thank you. It's helpful to get others' opinions/perspective.

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help with this big decision. I've ordered the 1.53 carat diamond and am really excited to get it. Sledge, your detailed comparisons were incredibly valuable. So grateful I found Pricescope!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help with this big decision. I've ordered the 1.53 carat diamond and am really excited to get it. Sledge, your detailed comparisons were incredibly valuable. So grateful I found Pricescope!

Congratulations - would love to see some pictures of it, once you take reception!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad we could help you out! :cool2:

Very excited for you and hope you stick around to continue learning. Definitely post some pictures of the the bling once you get it!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

Great! We are all waiting for your amazing pics!

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again for all of your help!! Ihave the diamond, and it’s beautiful & super sparkly. But I can’t take a halfway decent photo of it:( I can report that my experience working with Whiteflash was smooth.

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
I ended up exchanging for the 1.627 G VS2 that Sledge pointed out. This is an anniversary upgrade for me, and I decided I wanted that little bit of extra spread, while staying with the same color and clarity. I'm going to order a setting from Whiteflash - either the Vatche or their own Tiffany-inspired setting. If I'm lucky enough to get glamour shots, I'll post them.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I ended up exchanging for the 1.627 G VS2 that Sledge pointed out. This is an anniversary upgrade for me, and I decided I wanted that little bit of extra spread, while staying with the same color and clarity. I'm going to order a setting from Whiteflash - either the Vatche or their own Tiffany-inspired setting. If I'm lucky enough to get glamour shots, I'll post them.

Can't go wrong with that one, either!

Lots of beautiful settings to choose from, to boot!

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I never would've been able to pick such a special jewel without all of the help I got from this forum. Amazing!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How very cool. So happy and excited for you and glad that stone ticked all your check boxes. Obviously I think you will be ecstatic with the final result. Congratulations!!

In regards to the settings, maybe you can link to both? If memory serves me correctly, I think Vatche hand forges all their settings where many settings are casted, which would be a plus assuming you love both styles equally.

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
So the ring on the left is Whiteflash's model. The setting on the right is by Vatche, but also can be ordered through Whiteflash. I've scoured all of the Pricescope threads on this, but I'm very much open to feedback. I want a setting that's as close as possible to the Tiffany classic setting. Thank you so much for any feedback!
setting.jpg

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
the-tiffany-setting-engagement-ring-in-platinum-22086588_995768_AV_2_M.jpg
And this is the classic Tiffany setting.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, the Vatche is the clear winner on aesthetics. It is very similar to the Tiffany. Look at the heads in particular. The Vatche and Tiffany is very refined and “swoopy” like it’s meant to be together. The WF version head is very sharp and hard in comparison and lacks the same level of detail and eloquence.

I love WF but do not care for that setting for reasons I noted. On the plus, it’s usually a more economical solution.

If the dollars are paining you, a more affordable and eloquent solution might be the Valoria 6 prong petite.

E825FBF2-5E0B-4870-A141-BB212E2BDDA5.png

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. So helpful! I was leaning toward the Vatche. And I really want to give my diamond the best setting. Now that I see the Valoria, I think that’s probably the Whiteflash model others on Pricescope have ordered. My head’s spinning after reading so many posts lol. If I take price difference out of the equation, do you think the Vatche is a closer match to the classic Tiffany than the Valoria?

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
As close to Tiffany as possible, Vatche no doubt.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Money aside, the Vatche is definitely the closer match.

They have a very similar style head. Look at the “crown” looking style I pointed to green on both rings. Both also have a small donut I pointed to in blue. And both have a knife edge style I pointed to in red. The knife edge on the Tiffany looks a little more sharp/defined than the Vatche. Not certain if that is true, or just the difference in the angle of the two pictures. However, I do know that ladies on here adjust the knife edge. Some prefer softer while some prefer harder edges. So I believe WF/Vatche can adjust that as desired.

Alas, if you aren’t aware, there may be a slight (future) monetary value with the Vatche. WF offers a 50% trade value on their designer bands and Vatche is included. Sometimes trading up your diamond size and/or shape will force a new setting selection. Other times you may simply get bored and want a new selection. Either scenario gives you some flexibility. And to my knowledge, WF is the only vendor that offers this generous policy.

E5FBF18D-C699-4E50-8DDB-0DD0521E2D37.jpeg

Tiffany
6E0D5D3C-9B0F-4EC2-83FE-CF84813DE657.jpeg

Vatche
162A71B6-86C0-4565-9846-1AA9844801DA.jpeg

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
This is so helpful! I'd decided to go with the Vatche, and this gives me extra peace of mind. And I didn't know about the trade-up option. If they take glamour shots, I'll post them here. Can't wait to get my ring!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad this is helping.

A few other things to keep refining if you want to get as close to Tiffany as possible. At some point I think Vatche and/or WF may pump the brakes because I don't think their intent is to be a duplicate.

1. Not sure the top of the width of the shank (purple dimension) on both bands. Would want them to match.

2. Same deal with the bottom width of the shank (pink dimension). To my eyes, the top is slightly thicker than the bottom. Making sure you get this right would be important as it could change the proportional looks.

3. Make sure you get the prongs shaped to the style you prefer. I did claws on my wife's setting, but the Tiffany is more like refined "tab" to me. No right or wrong here, just preference. But you need to communicate this to them. Circled in orange.

4. The item I think they may balk at is modification of the head. The Tiffany dips down slightly further how I tried to highlight in green. I'm not sure which is "better" but if you are trying to get as close to the same as possible that would be one area that could be tweaked a bit more if they allow it. Also, the Tiffany isn't a U shape either.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Inked6E0D5D3C-9B0F-4EC2-83FE-CF84813DE657_LI.jpg

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! I don't have a good eye for these things. It wasn't until I found Pricescope that I realized what a huge difference the tabs can make in showcasing the diamond. (I do think I'm happy with the Vatche tabs.)

I told my Whiteflash SA I'd let her know tmrw if I want to request any modifications. I might send a photo of the side view of a Tiffany ring & ask if they can make the prongs form more of a "V" at the bottom - if they're willing to do this. Thank you again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results