shape
carat
color
clarity

Cross me off that list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s right...I am officially no longer a Lady In Waiting!

My boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me Wednesday night with a gorgeous custom Whiteflash engagement ring. He tied it on a string around my cat''s neck and had her bring it to me! (Can you tell I''m a crazy cat lady?!)

I''m attaching a handshot (not that great...sorry!) but I also just started a thread on Show me the Ring. I don''t know how to do a link but it''s called "My Custom Whiteflash Engagement Ring."

Thanks to all the Ladies in Waiting for letting me (mostly) lurk and allowing me to realize that my sometimes crazy LIW behavior and feelings are not so uncommon!

lolive.jpg

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
emthup.gif
The ring is beautiful... I noticed from your post in show me the ring that you picked out the stone, setting, and were involved in contacting the seller, etc.... So, were you surprised at all with the proposal or did you know it was coming because you were the one dealing with the ring details? How long did you/he have the ring before he proposed. Just curious... congrats again!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you and your new FIANCE!
9.gif
Great job on the ring-it''s really beautiful.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 11:54:41 PM
Author: therighttime
Congratulations on your engagement!
emthup.gif
The ring is beautiful... I noticed from your post in show me the ring that you picked out the stone, setting, and were involved in contacting the seller, etc.... So, were you surprised at all with the proposal or did you know it was coming because you were the one dealing with the ring details? How long did you/he have the ring before he proposed. Just curious... congrats again!

He originally wanted to surprise me with the ring completely but I had done all the research for months and months and *still* couldn''t make up my mind about what I wanted so I managed to wear him down and let me do all the choosing!

I knew how long it would take to make the ring once I approved the design (10-14 business days). But I didn''t know how he was going to propose with it or how long he was going to wait to do it so I was surprised in that respect.

And I think he had the ring for about 3.5 hours before he proposed!
1.gif
I suspected he wouldn''t be able to hold out long because he would be too excited, but I actually thought he''d give it to me the day after he did because it was our 4 year anniversary. (Not that I minded getting it a day early!)

A few people I know have said how it''s not romantic that I picked it out myself, but I just tell them nicely that him letting me get exactly what I want is the most romantic thing of all to me!
28.gif

I think part of the reason I was so adamant about picking it out is because I''m really into clothes, shoes, bags, etc. My boyfriend and twin sister (and everyone else I know) can''t pick me out a shirt and be sure I''ll like it so I just couldn''t let anyone (even if it was my twin sister and my boyfriend) pick out something I''m going to wear forever!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
He sounds like a smart man!!!

Congratulations!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and beautiul ring! Don''t mind what others say about you picking out your ring! I picked my own out too. For me, the most speacial part of the whole proposal was the effort that my fiance put into making the actual proposal special.

Best wishes!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 1:07:20 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
Congrats on your engagement and beautiul ring! Don''t mind what others say about you picking out your ring! I picked my own out too. For me, the most speacial part of the whole proposal was the effort that my fiance put into making the actual proposal special.

Best wishes!

I totally agree with you, ImpatientOne. Him having my cat bring the ring was so perfect for me! I know he originally had a couple of more extravagant ideas but he knew I wouldn''t be into a public proposal so having my kitty bring it to me was just exactly right!

He actually had practiced with her all last week and had tried a few different things, like trying to get her to wear a harness he bought so he could attach the ring box to it. (He said she would only walk backwards really fast trying to get out of the harness when he put it on her...hahaha!)

All the thought he put into the proposal itself (along with letting me pick out the ring) made it really special!

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Congrats! That''s such a cute story! I too am a crazy cat lady in the making... I''m surprised your cat would take it! My two cats at my parents'' would try her hardest to slink it off and the other try to EAT it, and my boyfriend''s cat would claw your hand off just thinking about putting something on her
5.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring and beautiful proposal!

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I totally understand wanting to design your own ring and think yours is great!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, your proposal sounded adorable and your ring is stunning! I have also been really involved in picking out my ring, but like you I like things a certain way
emsmile.gif
. There''s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it in no ways takes away from how special your proposal is!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! I admired your ring in the other thread, it''s really gorgeous!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you therighttime, Siamese Kitty, neatfreak, bee*, ImpatientOne, cherry_vanilla, JenStone, shinythings, sap483, FireGoddess and KCourselle for your compliments and kind words! I keep saying it, but I am so glad I found Pricescope. Everyone on here is so helpful and funny...and enabling, too!
11.gif

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
As a fellow crazy cat lady...I''m totally jealous!

That ring is Amazing!! Baaa-oooo-ga!

And as someone currently picking out all of her own engagement ring components...you go girl. There''s nothing wrong with knowing what you want :) If people want to talk about romantic...what''s more romantic than being with a man that loves you so much that he''s willing to involve you in the process to make sure you get exactly what you want. Talk about the royal treatment ;-)

Congrats congrats congrats.

~Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results