shape
carat
color
clarity

Critique my engagement plan and help me with a few questions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondguy75

Rough_Rock
Ok, here is my plan. I am spending Christmas with my GF and her family for the first time. I will be with them for approximately 5 days prior to Christmas and will be traveling on an airplane with my GF to NY where her parents live. I''m thinking of ordering a nice sterling silver christmas bell ornament to give to her for our first Christmas together and then I will tell her that I had her name engraved on the back of it. When she turns it over to look at the back, she will see "Her name, Will you marry me?" Her family will be there and it should be a special moment. Obviously I will need to talk to her family about saving it for last and I need to make sure at least someone knows about it to help me with the set up. Any advice about this plan or what I might do to improve it? Also, I need to talk to her dad about it, but I''m not sure what to ask. Do you just kind of set up a meeting and blurt it out or what? I know her dad a bit (met him 5 times or so and we''ve talked some) but we live quite a distance from her parents so we aren''t close by any means so it would be unusual for me to just sit around making small talk with him if it''s just the two of us. Also, if I''m in the airport with her will it be safe to just leave the ring in the carry-on back? I assume security won''t bother me for something like that, but I would hate for something to happen and she sees the ring before we get there.

Alright, thanks for the help, let me know what you think.

talkdiamond2me

Rough_Rock
I think it is a wonderful idea. I don''t think airport security would bother you about that. I think it''s a good thing you will be talking to her dad first, even though you aren''t that close. I think it shows respect and commitment. You will have to let us know how it went when you get back. =)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love your plan! Wouldn''t change a thing. Good luck!
35.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That is a wonderful idea!!! So cute!! Don''t change a thing. Also, there is another thread about someone needing to get a ring through security and he is traveling with his GF too. I think that he is going to keep it in a box in an inside pocket. It shouldn''t set the alarm off, and that way you don''t have to put it in a carry on and worry.

Marisa

diamondguy75

Rough_Rock
Yes I was thinking to put it in the bag only while going through the checkpoint just to make sure that it doesn''t go off in my coat and then change it to my pocket for the rest of the trip. I know it probably won''t go off, but it would be a disaster if I had to take it out of my pocket right in front of her and she figures out what it is. I definitely don''t want to pull a Greg Focker and check the ring though!
9.gif

You guys are being so nice with your critiques though, I know someone must have something that can add to my plan!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you should change a thing, I think it is wonderfully sweet and romantic.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
great idea!

Maybe you could send the ring to her family through the mail (insured of course) and then it would be there already and you wouldn''t have to worry her seeing it at the airport.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your plan sounds fantastic! Very romantic, and so nice that her family will be able to share in your proposal and celebration after she says yes (of course she will, lol!)

Try not to worry too much about making small talk with her father...and don''t watch "Meet the Parents" anymore--it''s only a movie, and while there are certainly common themes of what men go through to propose to women which we can all relate to, it''s a very extreme take on how things actually go! I hope you don''t have nightmares about getting strapped to a polygraph tester!
9.gif

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Great Idea!

I was going to suggest, but it seems someone already mentioned that you should send the ring ahead(be sure to insure it)
Seems that you thought every thing through. LOL... I have to agree to stay the course and DON''T WATCH MEET THE PARENTS before you go.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Post pics when you are engaged : )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results