shape
carat
color
clarity

Criticize this diamond......Too deep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stone4her

Rough_Rock
Please give opinions on this diamond. Tell me everything that is not as good as it could or should be. I want to know all negative aspects of this diamond before I fully commit. I know it is too deep by some standards, but what does that really affect other than spread?

1.31ct
D
VVS2
Ex,Ex,Ex
6.99x7.03x4.36
Table: 55
Depth: 62.2
Crown angle: 34.5
Pav angle: 40.8
HCA 1.3 (1.2 by Sarin and Helium data)
Brilliancescope: VH,VH,VH
Isee2: 9.6

For photos, Sarin, Helium, and GIA report see-
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3362/

The Sarin even shows the depth as 62.46. Is the depth really that bad if the Brilliancescope and Isee2 scores are that high?

Please give all opinions (good or bad) on this stone.

Thanks.

stone4her

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply Garry. I was hoping you would give your opinion as I highly respect it.

I hope this is the only engagement ring I ever have to buy, and I want it visually perfect.

What would the slightly thick girdle hurt?

Any other things I should take notice of?

Do the H&A photos look good?

Thanks again.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Looks great. Nothing wrong with it.

I think Garry was pointing out the Sl. Thick girdle to explain the 62.2 depth. Nothing wrong with Sl. thick girdle, it is within the ideal range.

stone4her

Rough_Rock
Okay, I think I understand. The depth is slightly deeper because of the thicker girdle.

So, I assume the light performance would equal a slightly shallower stone with a thinner girdle?

In other words, the depth isn''t that bad on this stone because the girdle is thicker and that''s what''s causing the extra depth?

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
yip, looks a lovely stone :)

just dont go driving with that in the passenger seat, you''ll be blinded
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely to me too - good job!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only thing I would say is, it's a bit of overkill on color and clarity. I am assuming you are aware that dropping things a bit would allow you to either save some money and/or get a bigger stone.

Aside from that, it's a beauty!

stone4her

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the opinions so far, and please keep sending them. This is a very big purchase for me, and I want to "know" what I''m buying and never have any second thoughts.

I have been looking off and on for about 6 months and haven''t found any I was completely satisfied with until this one. Problem is, I''m too much of a perfectionist, but I''ve seen I can''t afford perfection in the diamond market!

Anyway, I started looking for D-IF, but quickly learned that the VVS range really brought the price closer to my range. I have also seen some awesome E color stones. This stone is slightly over my budget, but it is close enough in price that I will find a way. I want it 6.8mm to 7mm in size. This diamond seems to be everything I am looking, and close enough to my price range.

I have not seen it yet, but will buy it based on seller''s reputation and the fact I can return it if not fully satisfied. I really like the fact the dealer offers so many pictures and reports (especially the Brilliancescope and Isee2).

Please continue sending opinions, as I have until tomorrow to fully commit.

Thanks!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great. The slightly thicker girdle can be a plus if you plan to put it in any type of setting that may be prone to chipping at the girdle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a fabulous stone! I don''t see how you could do much better!

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
At your color/clarity ranges, you will find that supply is low, and as a result, you''ll be hardpressed finding a better cut stone in terms of optical symmetry.

However, if you decide to drop down to the more common color/clarity ranges, e.g. F-G VS1-SI1 in your ct range, I''m sure you''ll find marginally better optical symmetry. Nonetheless, your stone is very close to perfect, and you''re likely not going to find better in terms of symmetry in the near future.

And yes, a slightly thick girdle is a plus since it is good for durability. I personally prefer Med-Sl thick, and not thin, although all 3 are within ideal range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results