shape
carat
color
clarity

Crisscut Diamond Questions

biltritewave

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Complete diamond neophyte here so please be gentle. I originally started looking at crisscut diamonds in cushion b/c they had caught my gf's eye, but now she has decided on round and I am trying to determine if it is worth it.

Are the round cut crisscut diamonds worth the extra money or is it not as noticeable as the cushion and emerald versions?

How do crisscut diamonds appraise in general?

am looking at putting one in a setting with a halo of G/H micropave diamonds. (You can see the setting here http://www.mulloysjewelry.com/jude-frances-barbara-18kwg-47ct-diamond-engagement-ring-center-sold-separately/43073.html

All the crisscut rounds I am getting prices on are in the K range. I have been told they show much brighter but will the difference between the halo and the center look noticeable, thereby offsetting any extra wow from the cut itself?

Finally, if anyone can tell me if they think this is a decent price, please let me know. $18,400 for a 2.03cts KSI2 crisscut round?

Thanks in advance for the help.

biltritewave

Rough_Rock
anyone? I could really use some help.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
has your GF seen crisscut rounds and compared them to 57 facet rounds?

ETA with a halo setting I would go down in size and go up in color, since the halo adds a LOT of size.

ETA again...that halo setting has an asymmetrical airline that would drive me nuts. has your GF seen the setting?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never bought one, I only know of a couple folks with one though I don't know if they're ON pricescope to answer your question. These are branded stones so not only would you buy at a higher premium price, they should appraise as such.

However, I don't prefer their round cut. I feel like that is kind of a weird look considering how their Emerald, Cushion and Asscher styles
look. It looks like an afterthought to the line and I feel like they would be best served to stick with the other three cuts.

If you are looking for a round cut that has the narrower arrows, GoodOldGold.com has those, though not as many arrows as the Crisscut round.

Have you seen this in person? Did you love it? Pricewise for an Ideal, it would be around on par for those specs. Maybe even a tiny bit higher than a standard ideal cut RB would be, but that's branding.

biltritewave

Rough_Rock
.that halo setting has an asymmetrical airline

I am not sure what that means? The halo is actually a cushion shape but it takes a round center stone. Is that what you are referring to? She has seen the setting in person and loves it.

She has seen the crisscut emerald and cushions in person and really liked those but not sure about the round ones.

Any idea how they match up color wise? Is a K crisscut going to look funny next to a halo of G/H?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the halo does not sit flush against the center so there is a gap, and since the halo is a cushion shape and the stone is round, the gap is not symmetrical.

example-this setting has a cushion shaped halo but no airline
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/guinevere-solitaire-engagement-ring-179.htm

this setting has a round halo and an airline, and the airline is symmetrical
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/102PP1/

If she doesn't prefer the crisscut round then maybe stick with a standard round?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results