shape
carat
color
clarity

Crinoline Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

I am trying to decide which crinoline slip to buy. I''ve attached the pic of me w/the David''s slip on and am trying to decide between the medium-full slip and what I guess is the standard full slip.
Do you think I can use the medium-full for this dress? I assume David''s is the standard but I really don''t know. I know I want something but just wasn''t sure which to buy. I haven''t seen either since I''m buying from ebay and have no real idea the difference between the two.

What do you think?

dressq.JPG

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s me w/no slip.

dressnoslip.JPG

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the line of the dress better with a slip. Can you call up DB and ask them what kind of slip you tried on that day? When I went for a try-on, the sales-rep took notes of the things I liked. Maybe he/she made a note of the fullness of the slip you had on? Or perhaps they routinely give you one kind to put on when trying on. When I went in, the woman sort of had a slip and bra and shoes waiting for me in the dressing room and that was that.

It''s hard to say w/o having a fuller one to compare to, but I like the fullness that that one gave the gown.

Also, can you try on slips at brick n mortars and then note the size and brand name so you can later look for it cheaper online?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I like it better w/the slip too. I do think I''ll call DB and see if they can describe the fullness of the slip. I have a feeling it''s just the standard one that they use. I *could* go try on other slips but I must admit, I am way too lazy for that! I had enough trying on w/my dress and the bm dresses that I don''t want to go back to those stores for awhile!
Of course, I do have to go try on bra''s so I suppose I could wait until I do that and try on slips too.
Darn it, I was hoping to cross something else off my list!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Any other thoughts on the medium vs. full crinoline?

Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty sure I wore the full. I like slips with the line of your dress.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tacori! I wish I could order both and return one but there''s a no return policy. I like the slip too so I just have to figure out which one. I have a feeling I''ll get the fuller one but the other is a tiny bit cheaper and what can I say, I''m trying to save every last cent I can!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 10:05:47 PM
Author: dixie94
Thanks Tacori! I wish I could order both and return one but there''s a no return policy. I like the slip too so I just have to figure out which one. I have a feeling I''ll get the fuller one but the other is a tiny bit cheaper and what can I say, I''m trying to save every last cent I can!

Also I feel like my waist looked smaller with the full. Isn''t vanity worth *something*?!?
2.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, you''re right, vanity is important! I''m sure I''ll get the bigger one but I just want to be sure it won''t be too big. I''m going to go ahead and stop being lazy and go try some on at a dept. store.
Um, they do carry these things at dept. stores, right??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results