shape
carat
color
clarity

Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maggiemai

Rough_Rock
Cringe- one of my colleagues just put a wedding magazine on my desk as a joke …it was a supplement on one of the daily news papers….

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i woulda have been like " so you guys know something that i dont??"

lovebug

Rough_Rock
What!?!? That is so rude!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a biotch!!!!!
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha call me crazy (or normal?) but i don't see why her doing that as a joke makes her a 'biotch' or evil or anything like that. maybe she just wants you to get married...if that is what you want too...can you really blame her?
3.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:50:12 PM
Author: Mara
haha call me crazy (or normal?) but i don''t see why her doing that as a joke makes her a ''biotch'' or evil or anything like that. maybe she just wants you to get married...if that is what you want too...can you really blame her?
3.gif
I agree with Mara. It''s all about your attitude in reply.. Maybe she''s caught you looking at rings, or you inadvertantly mentioned weddings etc. People did that to me all the time before I got engaged. I set that stuff aside and was so excited to look at it when I actually did get engaged. Assume it was a thoughtful gesture until you learn otherwise.. IF it was MEANT to be mean, stick a plastic surgery booklet on her desk, smile sweetly and walk away!!!
31.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
and i also agree. i think this might be an instance where she might be cringing on the outside, but on the inside, feeling quite bubbly about prospect that outsiders think she will be a bride soon.

there are alot worse things co-workers could leave on your desk!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
If it was a joke, just find the humor in it. Is she a good friend that knows you want to tie the knot? I don''t know anything about the situation, but, I certainly hope it wasn''t done to be cruel. If it was I''d ignore it - or better yet, thank her for thinking of you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t sound mal-intended from here...?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
in my specific situation this would SUCK because it would be a reminder that i am not engaged and am nowhere near a wedding. if the coworker has no idea it is a sensitive topic then I guess she can''t be held at fault, but if she does know, then it is super rude and kind of like rubbing it in your face.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results