shape
carat
color
clarity

Creative? Help me thing of ideas for a NJ shore theme wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
We''re thinkingof having a NJ shore theme - besides beachy decoration - what can you think of that reminds you specifically of the boardwalk in Nj? Colors, food, decorations, you name it!! I need your help!

Thank!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/3/2004 3:20
6.gif
5 PM
Author:treysar
We''re thinkingof having a NJ shore theme - besides beachy decoration - what can you think of that reminds you specifically of the boardwalk in Nj? Colors, food, decorations, you name it!! I need your help!

Thank!
Im a shore convert... grew up where VA/NC/SC beaches were more of what we visited but my b/f is from jersey and i have now fallen in love with the shore. I think of Ritas Water Ice, lights and riding bikes when i think of the boardwalk.

Colors - beige and blue (the sand, boardwalk planks and the sky, sometimes the water!)

Decorations - sand and shell in vases... maybe even fill that with water and add some flowers? It might be fun to have the sand and shells in wide, shallow containers so the guest can play with it (like write their names or good wishes in the sand). Maybe there is a way to use some colorful beach towels and flip-flops?

Food - seafood or boardwalk faire (caramel popcorn, hot dogs, pizza, ice cream, fudge, salt water taffy, water ice)

Funny side note, one of my brothers just went to the shore for the first over the summer and he totally fell in love too! Good luck and hope i didnt get too tacky on you!
1.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Nah, not tacky at all1 I love it!

Here''s my thought so far:
Centerpieces: hurricane lamps with sand, shells & a candle.
The place I''m getting married has a mini ferris wheel, arcade and mini golf - so that pretty much decorates itself!
Bridesmaids wearing turquoise blue. Tables and chairs are directly on the sand, nex tto the water - no dancefloor - strictly dancing in the sand.
Favors - either taffy or fudge - both boardwalk favorites!
DEssert - i''m gonig to try to rent a zeppole machine, cotton candy machine ,or soemthing else very SHORE LIKE. Food - it''s a clam bake, so there''s gonig to be lobster, steak, chicken, hamburgers nd hot dogs, etc - just like the boardwalk!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a ton of fun! Im sure your guests will have a great time with all the mini golf and arcade! Last summer when we went to visit my b/f parents (they live in Ocean City, just outside of Atlantic City) there was a wedding/reception on the beach but they didnt do anything cool like you are planning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results