shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy neighbors

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where we are living now, the family opposite has a dad who appears to not be the brightest bulb in the box, a mum who is apparently addicted to heroin and methadone, a daughter who seems to not work and never leave the house unless she is with her Rottweiler-looking boyfriend (wide, neck tattoos, attitude, never smiles, drives aggressively), a son who is border-line obese and doesn't always go to school...

I think they are from the travelling community so we stay well clear, and fortunately they seem to keep themselves to themselves, but I hate to see people not live up to their full potential - it seems that some people have the mindset that they are always a 'victim', of circumstance or deliberate actions, and seem to never see the good they could do and be, instead focusing on whatever drama is going on around them.

Life is short - the fact that some spend it mired in hassles that need not exist makes me sad, as does the fact that some people in this world are not able to help themselves get out of bad situations, and often reject help when it is offered.

We can't all be Stephen Hawking or Mother Theresa or Oprah, but we should all be able and keen to live up to the best we can do!

I'm not a religious chap, but I do often think 'there by the grace of God go I'! (or whatever that saying is!)

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@ceg So scary!! She better thank her lucky stars that you returned her belongings. I am glad you are ok. Hugs.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg So scary!! She better thank her lucky stars that you returned her belongings. I am glad you are ok. Hugs.

Hi Vera! I'm fine. I hope all of you at wf are ok!! Terrible flooding, sending prayers for y'all!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
My neighbors have two men living in the cab of their pick-up truck in their back driveway. I was going to call the city but then my son said “I don’t think they want to be living in the cab of a truck, mom.” I took his point and felt guilty. I’m still not really comfortable with it, but they must be in a bad way. It’s still weird.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best neighbors are the ones you don't see or hear. That might just be my cynical NYC nature coming out but that is really how I feel.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best neighbors are the ones you don't see or hear. That might just be my cynical NYC nature coming out but that is really how I feel.

We have few neighbors who are good friends. Most everyone in this neighborhood is friendly. We all watch out for each other. I think that's why I didn't even hesitate to take the lady her purse. I will definitely think twice if there is ever a next time!!!

Good fences make good neighbors!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years back the son of the neighbor next door was living in a tent in the backyard, it was only for a week.

I did get the honor of having to fish out his lady friend's thong from my bushes with a rake after they "moved out" :sick:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
How scary CEG, glad you're okay, and crazy neighbor didn't actually pull out a gun!

Now I feel guilty about calling my super sweet (Overly intrusive) neighbors crazy!
We have a nice family next door with 4 kids all under 10. The moved in about a year ago, and about 2 months ago, the started coming into our side yard and take out our trash cans for us on trash day, and put back the trash cans once the trash has been picked up. I didn't know what to think, they are nice, but I feel like they should ask before starting to be so helpful?????

One early Saturday morning I heard loud hammering and banging and set Dh to tell them we're all sleeping and they should keep it down. Dh came back to tell me that the neighbor (dad) was mending our fence, and our gate. Replacing rotting wood etc. He even bought the materials to mend the our gate!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How scary CEG, glad you're okay, and crazy neighbor didn't actually pull out a gun!

Now I feel guilty about calling my super sweet (Overly intrusive) neighbors crazy!
We have a nice family next door with 4 kids all under 10. The moved in about a year ago, and about 2 months ago, the started coming into our side yard and take out our trash cans for us on trash day, and put back the trash cans once the trash has been picked up. I didn't know what to think, they are nice, but I feel like they should ask before starting to be so helpful?????

One early Saturday morning I heard loud hammering and banging and set Dh to tell them we're all sleeping and they should keep it down. Dh came back to tell me that the neighbor (dad) was mending our fence, and our gate. Replacing rotting wood etc. He even bought the materials to mend the our gate!

that's the kind of neighbours we grew up with
when my dad would spray our roses he would always hope the fence to spray the roses of the old lady next door

when my mum and dad wern't gome and it was just us 2 girls the milkman would kniw we would forget to put the bottles out
he would just come inside and open the fridge and deside if we needed any

i know that sounds weird in today's world but it wasn't then and it was when my parents were out of town for dad's cancer treatment
people help each other in different ways

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In one of my neighborhoods a man who spent a year with dogs who were going to be guide dogs for the blind (and therefore was a good man and a good neighbor) thought my yellow Lab was roaming and lifted him and put him inside our fence. When I drove home I saw a dog I didn't know in my backyard and thought we had visitors. When I went inside my husband turned out to have no idea we had an extra dog. Eventually we found out whose dog it was and who had "given" him to us. He looked almost exactly like our yellow Lab but had a different color collar. I was lucky that Lab we owned was friendly to other dogs, unlike my current crazy dog, Hero! (That one, Biscuit, nipped people on our front steps.)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years back the son of the neighbor next door was living in a tent in the backyard, it was only for a week.

I did get the honor of having to fish out his lady friend's thong from my bushes with a rake after they "moved out" :sick:

Oh gosh, we had this one too. Seems that the son was schizophrenic and by police order was not suppose to be living in the house with the mom because
he attacked her. That only lasted a while but instead of the kid moving out of the tent, the mom moved out of the house and started renting it to people
who agreed to the tent in the back yard. We didnt really want to report anything for fear of repercussions from the son. The house eventually went in to
foreclosure and the problem resolved itself.

Edit - Is it bad to admit that I've driven off with my coffee cup on the top of my car and I dont even
drink...we'll at least not that time of the morning :).

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what a nightmare @tyty333 and I agree sometimes it's just better to let it be a turn a blind eye for the sake of keeping the peace, I'm glad at least that the problem resolved itself.

No lie two days ago we had another incident with the house across the street, this house has been a problem for years. Well the other day I heard someone screaming but couldn't tell where it was coming from so I poked my head out and there is this guy banging on the door screaming for Gina. "Come on you crazy a$$ white girl, let me in, you know you want some of this" and proceeds to start stripping of all his clothes. Now I only saw him from the back thank God but I was debating about calling the police. Sure enough not soon after that thought two police cars rolled up, the cop casually strolled up to the guy (who now had all his clothes on) and started talking to him. I'm sure they were like, oh it's Jim's house again. No lack of excitement around here.

I have never driven off with a cup on the car but I have left the car doors open all night long, thank goodness it was still there in the morning!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thats funny @StephanieLynn... Clearly, Gina didnt want some of "this"!:lol-2:

Luckily, since the tent family left the neighboorhood, things have been nice and dull...just like I like them!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just found out that a neighborhood kid, who was friends with my youngest, just killed his girlfriends little girl. This young man played at my house. He is now about 23. Both he and the mom were arrested.
Apparently, she wouldn't go to sleep and he beat her.
They moved out of our neighborhood in 2008 but they would sometimes come back to visit. I feel bad for all of them. We always thought Adam was a little bit off, but I am not sure of a diagnosis.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just found out that a neighborhood kid, who was friends with my youngest, just killed his girlfriends little girl. This young man played at my house. He is now about 23. Both he and the mom were arrested.
Apparently, she wouldn't go to sleep and he beat her.
They moved out of our neighborhood in 2008 but they would sometimes come back to visit. I feel bad for all of them. We always thought Adam was a little bit off, but I am not sure of a diagnosis.

Oh how horrible! That is terribly sad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results