shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy feelings as a bride?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, am I alone here? Three weeks until the wedding now, and the past few weeks I have had this raging case of insecurity. What the hell is going on? I''ve never been the insecure/jealous type, but the past few weeks I''ve been imagining these awful scenarios of him cheating on me! He''s NEVER, and I mean NEVER done anything to make me believe for one second that he would do that. Every time he mentions girls at work, I wonder why he''s talking about them. I wonder why he''s friends with the girls and not guys. I picture him "staying late" at work, but you know what he''s really doing. I get these awful worst case scenarios in my head and they almost bring me to tears.

This all started just now, after being together for nearly 4 years. What the heck is going on? Am I nuts, or what?
20.gif

I feel like I''m losing it!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Elle, I would guess it''s just a natural response to the stress. I haven''t had the same feelings, but I have noticed more random weird feelings about FI in the past few weeks (wedding is in one week). I think it''s normal to start freaking yourself out about taking such a big step. I''m sure it will pass!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you''re feeling so mixed up, but I think it''s only natural as you get closer to your wedding to have anxiety about things. Personally, I''ve been worrying lately that FI marrying me is a mistake, that I''m not successful enough or nice enough, etc for him
39.gif
but like you I realize that this is not the case, I don''t know why but I''m just feeling a bit more emotional lately. I don''t know what to say other than it''s good that you realize you''re thoughts aren''t exactly rational, and that you''re not the only bride to be feeling a little whacky lately.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Right before the wedding I started having crazy thoughts about him getting really drunk at the bachelor party and cheating on me. I knew the thoughts were totally unfounded, but I just couldn''t seem to stop my mind from wandering.

Luckily everything stopped once the wedding day came, and I am now back to my non-jealous self.....I chock it up to wedding stress :)

My guess it that it''s temporary and the thoughts will calm down when the wedding is over.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You know I''m having crazy thoughts too, so no, I don''t think you''re crazy. You''re about to take a very big step...marriage is no joke Elle. It''s only natural that you''ll start thinking things. When you''re living together, if things don''t work out, then you walk away. When you''re married, it''s not that easy because vows were made.

I think it''s something like cold feet. You realize you''re about to be tied to this man for eternity and a part of you is a little freaked out. Totally normal.

(((((BIG HUGS))))) breathe. repeat "J is not going to cheat on me." lol
28.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support guys. *hugs*

I never thought I''d feel this way, but I have been a crazy ball of emotions lately. I am having some serious anxiety!

I''m glad I''m not alone, since it''s really scary when you''re making such a huge decision, and you get ANXIETY! I should just be excited!

"J is not going to cheat on me. J is not going to cheat on me. J is not going to cheat on me."

That honeymoon can''t come soon enough.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I started having dreams my hubs was cheating on me... and I told my hubs about them at the time. It was about the same time frame... and I think it was due to all the stress of the wedding. You aren''t alone!

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 11:32:56 AM
Author: tlh
I started having dreams my hubs was cheating on me... and I told my hubs about them at the time. It was about the same time frame... and I think it was due to all the stress of the wedding. You aren''t alone!

+1 here!! My wedding is 2 weeks away and I''m having the EXACT same dreams...totally crazy! I think tlh is right -- I just chalk it all up to pre-wedding, subconscious anxiety/stress. Getting married is a big life decision, so I think it''s natural to think hard about it...and sometimes those thoughts manifest themselves in weird ways!

Good luck elle -- I''m sure it''ll pass soon (I''m hoping)!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Elle, I am totally with you. I have two big polar ice caps for feet right now! i don't know where it came out of, one minute everything great, wedding, woo hoo, then the next I AM FREAKING OUT!! What the hell am I doing?!?!? Doesn't help that FI is on the other side of the world for two more weeks...OMG I'm hyperventilating...

...phew. Anyways...you're not alone
3.gif
it's cold feet, it's normal. It will pass...

...right?!?!?!?!?!?!.

2.gif
3.gif
6.gif
9.gif
32.gif
26.gif
23.gif
16.gif

ETA FI just called to say he had a dream last night that I cheated on him! With an indoor skydiving instructor from Amsterdam, no less. Don't worry gals, it's not just us!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man this thread is making me feel so much better.

I had a dream last night that I cheated on FI... with my HS/early college boyfriend!
6.gif
38.gif
I felt so guilty when I woke up that I couldn''t even bear to tell FI!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results