shape
carat
color
clarity

Covid vaccine and your menstruation cycle

Did your menstruation cycle change after your vaccine?

• A. Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious for those of you who are still menstruating and have been vaccinated and are willing to share. Did you notice a change after your vaccine?
I will leave the poll up to allow for enough time to pass.
Mine was late and unusually light after my second shot. Could be bc I’m 47. Hahaha.

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
Watching this thread. Not applicable to me, however wanting to see if I really need to be concerned given I have young daughters.

I developed "Covid Arm" nearly a full week post the first vaccination. Lasted for two days and was gone.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On time, but light. Unfortunately, comes every three weeks now. I'm 53.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
No change for me. But the day of my 2nd dose was my first day.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got vaccinated four days ago and my period was due on that day. So far it's a no show, but I have been experiencing irregular periods due to my age, so I can't be sure it's the vaccine. BUT I had all the PMS symptoms I always get just before - symptoms I don't have otherwise - and it's not here yet. It's unusual for me to have the symptoms and for it to be late.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No change for me. I’m thinking it’s much more likely to be age related than vaccine related.

I have to confess that it did not even occur to me that it was vax -related until my DD mentioned it to me and sent me this

Last edited:
Q

Queenie60

Since the vaccine is approved for Emergency use and not yet approved by the FDA - if I were at child bearing age, I would want to dig a bit deeper into this as it could possibly be doing something to hormones? I am certainly not an MD, just a bit skeptical.

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
I haven't encountered any news regarding this and didn't even bother to cross my mind. How about getting vaccinated while on period, is it still safe?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, still in menopause.

:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
No change for me. Same flow, consistency, general mild cramping on day 1. I'm early 40s, not on BC or other meds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the vaccine is approved for Emergency use and not yet approved by the FDA - if I were at child bearing age, I would want to dig a bit deeper into this as it could possibly be doing something to hormones? I am certainly not an MD, just a bit skeptical.

As with everything in life it is about risk vs benefit. Nothing is 100% here. The Covid vaccine is relatively new that is true but mRNA vaccine technology (Moderna and Pfizer) is not new and has a good track record.

If I were of child bearing age (or pregnant at the time) I would've gone ahead and gladly received the vaccination given the history and evidence we have so far. IMO safer to get the vaccine than risk getting Covid and not knowing how one would fare as the disease is highly variable and dangerous.

"
The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines are mRNA vaccines that do not contain the live virus that causes COVID-19 and, therefore, cannot give someone COVID-19. Additionally, mRNA vaccines do not interact with a person’s DNA or cause genetic changes because the mRNA does not enter the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA is kept.

The J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine is a viral vector vaccine, meaning it uses a modified version of a different virus (the vector) to deliver important instructions to our cells. Viral vector technology has been used by Janssen for other vaccine development programs. Vaccines that use the same viral vector have been given to pregnant people in all trimesters of pregnancy, including in a large-scale Ebola vaccination trial. No adverse pregnancy-related outcomes, including adverse outcomes that affected the infant, were associated with vaccination in these trials.

There is currently no evidence that any vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines, cause fertility problems."

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Concerning that a vaccine would change your cycle.

COVID has been shown to change menstrual cycles. And has also been documented to cause male factor infertility as well. I'll take the COVID vaccine over COVID any day.

If we were menstruating when we received our childhood vaccine series, I wouldn't be surprised to see cycle disruptions with those.

Stress causes menstrual irregularity. I know at least one women who has known she was perimenopausal for years but had a long cycle with her COVID vaccine and is blaming the COVID vaccine. It may certainly be a contributor but it's not the entire story... (yet the way she tells it, it is)

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi to all. I didn’t mean for this thread to become any kind of debate. Hopefully those who are vaccinated can contribute as they monitor their menstruation cycle.
We are all still learning what side effects these vaccines have and for example this just happened—not related but still surprising

Q

Queenie60

Hi to all. I didn’t mean for this thread to become any kind of debate. Hopefully those who are vaccinated can contribute as they monitor their menstruation cycle.
We are all still learning what side effects these vaccines have and for example this just happened—not related but still surprising

Sorry @nala. I didn’t intend to crash your thread nor to trigger debate. Just stated an opinion. I’ll bow out. Good topic

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I didn’t read the whole threat yet but just to possibly add something to the general topic, i just tried to schedule my yearly mammogram but was told i’d have to wait two months after any vaccine bc they can temporarily change breast tissue so it is thicker than normal. I had just gotten my ten year TDAP booster. Well, it’s also been less than 2 months since my covid vaccine but we didn’t get far enough in the discussion to get around to it. Sounded crazy to me but i’m not a medical person so whatevs...

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @nala. I didn’t intend to crash your thread nor to trigger debate. Just stated an opinion. I’ll bow out. Good topic
I’m sorry! I didn’t intend to make anyone feel censored I just posted my comment in general bc I feel that we have a real opportunity to share and IF it derails others might not feel inclined to share. But no need to apologize!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t read the whole threat yet but just to possibly add something to the general topic, i just tried to schedule my yearly mammogram but was told i’d have to wait two months after any vaccine bc they can temporarily change breast tissue so it is thicker than normal. I had just gotten my ten year TDAP booster. Sounded crazy to me but i’m not a medical person so whatevs...

Ok! Wtf. I am going in today. After I told them my second shot was only March 17 and they didn’t even know about this! I had read it was a 14 day period not two months! Gonna call right now.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t read the whole threat yet but just to possibly add something to the general topic, i just tried to schedule my yearly mammogram but was told i’d have to wait two months after any vaccine bc they can temporarily change breast tissue so it is thicker than normal. I had just gotten my ten year TDAP booster. Well, it’s also been less than 2 months since my covid vaccine but we didn’t get far enough in the discussion to get around to it. Sounded crazy to me but i’m not a medical person so whatevs...

Theyve been finding enlarged lymph nodes in the axillae (armpits) of women who have received the vaccine. This makes sense because lymph nodes are islands of immune-related cells. But it also can be a concerning finding on mammogram. Hence the suggestion to separate the two by some time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here!

Not sure of the state (southern) but collage age daughters of a Bruce freind just got vaccinated in the states
Which im very happy for my buddy's family
But kids more than half my age are now getting vaccinated (again im really genuinely happy and releaved for them)
NZ must be doing worse than Georgia !
and as for my brothers and sisters across the ditch :(2
Scott Morrison said not all this year

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my Moderna in Jan and Feb and had a baby in December. I still have no period at all but I'm breastfeeding.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Not sure of the state (southern) but collage age daughters of a Bruce freind just got vaccinated in the states
Which im very happy for my buddy's family
But kids more than half my age are now getting vaccinated (again im really genuinely happy and releaved for them)
NZ must be doing worse than Georgia !
and as for my brothers and sisters across the ditch :(2
Scott Morrison said not all this year

Yes.... I’ll be not in this year category as I’m under 50 & no health problems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results