shape
carat
color
clarity

Couple Sets Record with 84-year Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Posted February 23, 2009

http://www.livesteez.com/news/news_detail/1706

A Craven County couple are in the Guinness Book of World Records. The two did nothing outlandish such as sky-diving upside down or having the most tattoos. No, Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher of the Brownsville community have been married for more than 84 years. That is a feat in itself. They have the world record of the longest marriage for a living couple. They can thank their granddaughter Iris Godette for getting the recognition. She submitted the information to the Guinness Book of Records. The information was apparently checked by Guinness and a certificate was given to the couple. Herbert was born June 10, 1905. His hearing is going but his mind is sharp. Zelmyra was born Dec. 10, 1907. She uses a walker to get around the house and yard. The two of them can still give their reasons for marrying on May 13, 1924. "He was not mean; he was not a fighter," Zelmrya said. "He was quiet and kind. He was not much to look at but he was sweet."

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
awwww
30.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Haha "he was not much to look at but he was sweet". Reminds me of Bruce, Thunder Road - "you ain''t a beauty but hey, youre alright."

I wish SO and I could live to our 84th anniversary... and be in such good health! God Bless ''Em!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
what a cute story... "his hearing is going but his mind is sharp"...sounds like my BF! It would be awesome if my BF and I could set a new record in 2095, but then we''d have to live until we are 114 and 113 years old?!?!?

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

How precious!

And the perfect motivation to not wait any longer to get engaged :razz:

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I told SO that if he didn''t have nicer things to say about me after all that time, I would smother him in his sleep.
9.gif

And I mean it.
12.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
^^lol. maybe that''s the secret though...no illusions?

there will never be a "he just wasn''t the man i thought he was"

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:41:59 PM
Author: KatM

there will never be a ''he just wasn''t the man i thought he was''

Very good point!! How many couples wake up to that nightmare after a couple years of marriage? 84 years - they have to be doing something right.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s amazing!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:41:59 PM
Author: KatM

there will never be a ''he just wasn''t the man i thought he was''

hehe, no illusions. Act right, or I WILL smother you!
12.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is amazing. How positively lovely...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results