shape
carat
color
clarity

Coundown: 11 days!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! We are getting married on April 2nd! I'm praying for some spring weather. I'm trying not to stress but I'm a little overwhelmed. If anyone has any advice about these last few days I appreciate it. To add to the stress my FI's father just passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. Whew! This past week has been a rough week. We are getting through it though.

In terms of wedding, the program vendor is really slacking and I'm not sure they will be ready in time. The final fitting is tomorrow evening. The hair trial was last night and was an epic failure. Can't say I ever hated my hair so much and I've had plenty of updos! I had my nails done Friday and hated them. I cut them down last night and trying to remove them. Will go to a different place next week. We have friends from Belgium coming in Tuesday night and that's adding a huge to-do list to straighten up the house! :-o I don't have gifts for the readers yet and have no ideas either. Going through the list of vendors and do final confirmations/meeting and payments. Holy cow this is crazy! Can't wait for the honeymoon. I promise when I'm back to post pics of the STD's, Invites etc. I loved them all and never got to share with you guys. My fingers are crossed that I manage to pull this off!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
You've got this, hoofbeats!

First off, my condolences to you, your FI, and his entire family.

Second, while not very personal, you could probably get away with getting the readers gift cards for their favorite restaurant or store if you get stuck last minute. Otherwise, Things Remembered is a great place to get small tokens of appreciation when you need something quick!

Third, sorry the hair trial was a disaster! Can you articulate to the stylist what you didn't like so it can be fixed? And sorry your nails were so disappointing. At least they're fixable! As for the programs...at least they're not a vital portion of the wedding. As long as you have your dress and your rings, you're all set to go! I will cross my fingers and send some ~*~DUST~*~ that they get done on time!

Oh, and just remember, when the day of the wedding rolls around...BREATHE AND ENJOY. There is nothing more you can do, so why worry? Just let the day unfold and enjoy being a bride and marrying the love of your life.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

***DUST*** so that everything gets done and you can be a worry-free bride!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
This would be a good time for deep breathing. In through your nose...out through your mouth. Repeat until you start to feel a slight bit calmer.

Okay, now lets move on. :))

No doubt dealing with the wedding on the heels of the loss of your FFIL is incredibly difficult. I'm so sorry you're all having to deal with this.

vc has some excellent suggestions for what to pick up your readers. But, honestly, if I was a reader it would never occur me to expect a gift (maybe I'm weird? I don't know), particularly if I know you've been having a rough go of things.

I'll wish you lots of calm dust and spring weather dust!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hoofbeats sorry to hear about your FI's father.

why not get a nice card for your readers expressing how much it means to you that they were a part of your ceremony? you could also do like a picture frame?

sorry about the hair...I hope it works out for the big day!

also I want to know...have you been wearing your ring? how do you like the plat?

much *dust* to you!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1300835978|2877694 said:
also I want to know...have you been wearing your ring? how do you like the plat?

LOL! NO! I said there was no way I was wearing those babies before the big day. Ha ha. I've actually not thought much about them with everything that has been going on. So that's been good cause before this I was wanting to wear them. I hope I love the plat but it will be a while before I know cause I'm not taking them on the honeymoon either. :)

I got each of the readers a willow tree angel figurine from hallmark.

I'm going to work on the programs today because the vendor has dropped the ball. I still dont' have a final proof. If they would even be able to turn them around quick enough at this point, I'd still have to put them together and I don't even know if I want to deal with that. So I'm making the necessary changes to the version that I had made for Plan B and will get them printed at Office Max. hmph. This vendor has been nothing but stressful to me.

We still have a list of things to do, but for now we are managing. The funeral yesterday was emotionally draining and I'm hoping we can rebound quickly to finish all the wedding stuff. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results