shape
carat
color
clarity

CotBed Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!! Since we will be moving hopefully to our new house pretty soon, I'd like to buy some new bedding for my baby boy to vamp up his nursery. I have found some really nice stuff online, but they all seem to be for 'cots/cribs' and none for cotbeds. I have custom made a cot bed for him because I wanted to be able to simply convert his cot to a toddler bed when he was old enough.

So, any of you have any experience in purchasing cotbed bedding online?

For example i love the bananafish line, but I don't think they come in the larger size
7.gif

The cotbed fits a mattress size of 70x140cm.

Thanks!!

ETA: 70x140cm converts to approx 28x55 inches

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hmm...no replies yet..
40.gif

i still haven''t given up hope!! so i''m bumping this back up for anyone who mite have missed it :)

Thanks again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d try asking this in the pregnancy thread. Worth a try at least.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:17:44 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d try asking this in the pregnancy thread. Worth a try at least.

Thanks Kaleigh.. was going to do that initially, but I didnt want it to get lost in between the responses...but worth a try.. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I don''t know. Hope someone can help you though!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I''m no help, as I know nothing about bedding---but I also don''t know anything about cotbeds--I''ve never heard of them! How exactly do they differ from a regular crib? Are they more common overseas?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb, i''ve never even heard of a cotbed... I assume you''re not in the US? here our crib matress size is the same size as the toddler bed so you either convert the crib or buy a toddler bed and move the mattress and they are standard crib sheet size. my guess is since you had the bed custom made, you''re going to have to have the sheets custom made to fit it...

you might check out the sheets they sell for the pack and plays. i have no idea what size they are but they might work???

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hmm..yeah i am not in the US (am in Bahrain), but i have found cotbeds in europe..maybe its a more european thing?

Well a cotbed is basically a crib that you can remove the rail/sides off and then lower the footboard so that it becomes a toddlers'' bed...that way u can utilize the cot/bed up until the baby is about 5 to 6 years old without having to purchase new bed/bedhseets/mattresses.

You can find more information about how cotbeds operate/look like in this link :

Mothercare CotBeds

Thanks again for all your input though :)

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
HI MSB,

IM in the UK and have a cotbed for my 11 month old DD, cotbeds seem to be the norm here as like you say they go into a toddler bed, i got my cotbed from Mamas and Papas which i think are called Peg Perego in the US so maybe give them a try as i got some of my plain bedding from there, i actually looked into shipping some bedding from the US as i really liked some of the designs from Glenna Jean and another that i cant remember the name of as threre doesnt seem that many to choose from here and i wanted something different from my friends, the sizes confused me and the shipping and customs charges were horrendous, so what i did was to find a fabric that i really liked and made curtains for the nursery, and i covered some canvas frames in a co-ordinating fabric, i got a plain bumper in a co-ordinating colour from Ikea that goes all around the cot, they also have some bedding in the cotbed size, maybe have a look there also as the do mail order now here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results