shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco now sells....wedding dresses?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone seen these in person yet? I do LOVE my Costco and I have seen some pretty jewelry come out of there (even though that might be frowned upon around here) but I don't know if I could do this....

They do look pretty. I am curious about the quality.

http://www.kirstiekelly.com/signature/

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Man, Costco sells everything! They look really nice, but I don't know anyone that has tried one yet. I imagine they will be sort of like David's bridal quality. And though everyone frowns on them, too, my dress was well-made and held up even when I trashed it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I've read the news few months ago but since I moved and have sams now, I never be able to see if they are in store...

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen or heard about wedding dresses at my Costco. Costco also sells wedding invitations - not sure whether it's online or in the store, but the invitations are definitely viewable online.

Several people have raved about Costco jewelry on PS before. Diamond earring huggies are one item in particular I remember reading about having great reviews here.

ETA: Costco also good deals on wine and alcohol if you're providing your own for a wedding instead of going through a caterer.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, a free wedding dress.

Wear it, then return it.
Just be careful with that red wine, dearie.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I heard Costco was getting into the wedding dress market, and I would buy one there in a heartbeat. To me, Costco is synonymous with both quality and inexpensiveness, which is exactly what I'd want in a wedding dress (why pay an arm and a leg for something you get to wear once in your lifetime?). The ones on the website look lovely and classic. I just don't know how one would try it on - perhaps the Costco locations that carry the dresses have been converted to have fitting rooms?

MonkeyPie, I also had a dress from David's Bridal that held up just fine - I have no concerns at all about the quality. I don't understand why everyone bashes them...I guess weddings and snobbery tend to go together with some people. And I guess the same people who hate DB would also hate Costco for wedding dresses.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb|1305749861|2925045 said:
I heard Costco was getting into the wedding dress market, and I would buy one there in a heartbeat. To me, Costco is synonymous with both quality and inexpensiveness, which is exactly what I'd want in a wedding dress (why pay an arm and a leg for something you get to wear once in your lifetime?). The ones on the website look lovely and classic. I just don't know how one would try it on - perhaps the Costco locations that carry the dresses have been converted to have fitting rooms?

MonkeyPie, I also had a dress from David's Bridal that held up just fine - I have no concerns at all about the quality. I don't understand why everyone bashes them...I guess weddings and snobbery tend to go together with some people. And I guess the same people who hate DB would also hate Costco for wedding dresses.

I agree with you. Everything I have ever gotten from Costco was quality. I LOVE THEM!!

Someone else mentioned their diamond Huggies. I almost bought them myself but for about the same price, I ended up getting 2ctw (theirs is 1.5ctw) from IDJ--and IDJ' s are upgradable.

As far as a dress...I bought my 1st dress from David's Bridal. It still looks beautiful :) As far as I'm concerned, it needs to last 1 day! I know some people pass them down to their daughters but I if I ever have a daughter I am sure she would want to pick out her own dress.

I saw a story about the Costco dresses this morning on Pix11 News. They looked beautiful. They also did a story recently about Costco jewelry.

I love Costco! They have a fantastic return policy too.....You can return YEARS later--even without a receipt. No questions asked...regardless of the condition of the item. How can you beat that?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, if Wal-Mart can sell wedding rings . . . :bigsmile:

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Without looking at the link, doesn't Kirstie Kelly do the Disney dresses? Off to verify now...

ETA: They are indeed! I like the pictures. I wonder what the prices are like?

I like them. But, I think if I was going to spend $4k on a dress (in collection one) I'd probably look for a designer one.

I dunno... they're cute though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results