shape
carat
color
clarity

Costa Rica Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cushie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Great forum...I''ve been following the threads and there are some great ideas. Here''s my question:
My Girlfriend and I are going to Costa Rica on Nov 18 for 10 days. The ring is currently being made (a perfect (F/VS1/VG/VG/64.5D/56T) cushion cut set in the simple Tiffany Legacy-style) and will be ready this week. I''m not sure what style box it comes in, but I''ll ask about having it engraved with "Charles + Natalia para siempre" or something like that. . .ANYWAYS:
We''re staying on the Gulf of Papayago at a really nice all-inclusive. Has anyone been to this area of Costa Rica? I''m sentimental, but not very creative with proposal ideas. Can anyone think of a really cool way to propose? I was thinking after side-by-side massages on the beach, taking a stoll and doing it by the shore.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Cushie...congrats on your upcoming engagement!!! I have never stayed at Costa Rica, but I have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts. Many of them have special packages that you can arrange with them for a modest fee, like a special, private candlelit dinner for 2 on the beach. or in a gazebo. I would suggest you contact the resort ahead of time and find out what they can do for you. Many times, the AIs are very creative and accommodating (I knew of one that set up a proposal during one of their ice carving demos where the ice carver wrote the girl''s name and "will you marry me?" into the ice!!!) as they know that many proposals occur on their resorts and want to help make it special...

Good luck!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
What a lucky lady! I have been to Costa Rica, and i must say anywhere would be a dream come true.. those beaches and rainforests.... magical... really! but i think personally on the beach at sunrise or sunset would be awesome!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I think that on the beach would be really nice, sunset or sunrise, or after your massages like you said. Either way, I''m sure it will be really romantic and she will love it! Congratulations and keep us posted!

Papagayo is on the pacific side (I assume you meant to type that, instead of Papayago), and Pacific coast Costa Rican sunsets are some of the most spectacular I have seen. All the color you could hope for, the sharp volcanic, rainforest covered topography behind you disappearing into the mist, the water calming as the offshore breezes pick up. Sunset on the pacific coast is fantastic. Now the sunrises in Costa Rica are spectacular as well, but not quite as amazing in my opinion because the sun is obscured from view by the volcanoes until the sky is already quite bright, and then when the sun does come out the effect is pretty good with the clear water, but I see everything in my memory of the sunrise from the water back to the land as a surfer, which I think is really the best perspective for viewing the sunRISE, and not particularly applicable for a proposal... unless you AND your prospective fiance are serious surfing buffs, or if you prefer to take a private boat trip out onto the water, to go out when the sky is beginning to lighten but still with about an hour before the sun clears the volcanos, that would be a great shared experience and a good moment for a proposal. Don't drop that ring into the water!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful and romantic. I love the idea of a intimate candlelit dinner on the beach. The resort might even have wonderful suggestions - I would call them for ideas...It''s so exciting!

You know...how about buying her a beautiful cocktail dress (do some research on her size first) and leave it on the hotel bed - tell her to get ready for a wonderful night out. I love the idea of a guy buying a special (sexy) dress for ''his'' lady!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results