shape
carat
color
clarity

Corset help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been searching and searching for a lace-up corset that is 1) under $150, 2) actually slimming, and 3) works under my dress. I''m having ZERO luck. Ideally it would also have hooks in the front so it could be adjusted in the back and then put on/taken off more easily than lacing it every time, but I''m not holding my breath. I found one that fits me wonderfully, is made well, doesn''t bow out funny when I bend over....BUT it comes up too high in the back and sticks out of my dress.
15.gif
It''s this one from Frederick''s: Hollywood Dream Corset. It''s made from brocade, so the fabric doesn''t stretch and actually holds you in.

I''m hoping you ladies can help me find something similar that doesn''t come up quite so high in the back. Thank you!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
The back of my dress isn''t that low...that corset just comes up really high in back...

ladycielveilback.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I''m hunting for a corset because I know FI will go absolutely gaga over it, and I wouldn''t mind the extra insurance that my dress will fit well even if I overindulge in the days leading up to the wedding...

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Just a heads up, That fredricks corset can be slightly uncomfy..

The trim that goes around the top of it, rubs your underarm and after a certain wear time it becomes really annoying.

Ill keep my eye out for any under 150 for ya
35.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I did notice that a bit, stryeyes. I guess when I say it was comfortable, I meant the main part of the corset - fabric, boning, etc. If I had to I would probably trim or somehow deal with the ruffle. Sadly, the ruffle isn''t even a factor, since it doesn''t work with the dress. I appreciate any help you can give!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Could you have the one you found altered? A good seamstress may be able to make it work more easily than finding something else that is absolutely 100% perfect off the rack.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
hey lady!

i had a similar question about a month or so ago and i got a lot of helpful responses - the issue at hand was a little different, but there are a lot of links to some super pretty ones that might work for you! my bridal underoos thread

i hope you find something!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 9:44:37 PM
Author: sumbride
Could you have the one you found altered? A good seamstress may be able to make it work more easily than finding something else that is absolutely 100% perfect off the rack.

I''m not sure, but I suspect that the metal boning (I''m pretty sure it''s metal in this particular corset) could make it difficult/expensive. Has anyone had experience with this by chance?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 10:31:39 PM
Author: ladyciel
Date: 5/28/2008 9:44:37 PM

Author: sumbride

I''m not sure, but I suspect that the metal boning (I''m pretty sure it''s metal in this particular corset) could make it difficult/expensive. Has anyone had experience with this by chance?

I would think that it''s do-able if you find the right person but may be prohibitively expensive. There''s a lingerie/corset shop in the DC area that alters store-bought lingerie, so that''s why I thought of it.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Mimzy! Actually, your thread was how I found the Frederick''s one in the first place (I don''t think it was directly linked, but your thread got me to their site).
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, the last corset I bought was from a European place with no website, but I will offer what little advise I can.
You may want to consider and underbust, as they also tend to be lower in the back and will make your cleavege look better under the gown.
You might look at places that do historic clothing, as they often have nice corsets reasonably priced. If you do this, look for corsets from the victorian era as those will give you the best shape.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, thanks for the tips, Brazen. I hadn''t really considered an underbust. I guess the question then would be whether or not to try and find a strapless bra, just have the dress hold me up, add cups to the dress, etc. Underbust corset and no bra would certainly get the new hubby''s attention...
17.gif
. I have to wonder how red I might turn with mom and BMs in the room to help me get into my dress!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing a corset under my dress - but it''s and integral part of the dress and has been made to measure and needed to be as it''s boned every quarter inch.

If you plan to wear one for more than 2 or 3 hours be very careful as if they don''t fit properly they can be incredibly uncomfortable!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 8:54:41 PM
Author: ladyciel
Oh, and I'm hunting for a corset because I know FI will go absolutely gaga over it, and I wouldn't mind the extra insurance that my dress will fit well even if I overindulge in the days leading up to the wedding...

This makes me giggle. Maybe because I'm an older bride. But I was laughing at myself hysterically trying on dresses. I've got the super industrial strength nude colored spank that basically goes from my knees to under my super industrial strapless bra. It's not pretty. The little panty hose socks just made it even better as I was slipping from one dress to the other. Not sexy, I will tell you this. On the wedding night, I plan to "freshen up" with new undergarments.
trashy.com has some. Most of them look to ruffly for under a dress, but maybe that one could work with a strapless bra? I know their products are "super industrial"

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, I HOPE I found a corset that will work! I ended up blowing my budget of 150 and spent 195 after shipping, BUT it''s a true corset from Axfords (UK company). I seem to have gotten myself a deal, though. I found it at this site http://www.rufflesnlace.com/catalog/item/2596427/2194251.htm for $187, while everywhere else seemed to be selling it for $250-300. I only ordered it on the 8th, and they''ve since increased it to $227. Perhaps they found out w/ my order that Axfords had raised prices?

Anyway, my fingers are tightly crossed that I will love it and that it works well under my dress. I decided to count it as part of FI''s wedding gift from me to justify the cost. That''s ok, right? I''ll post again once it comes in, hopefully with great news that it fits. In the meantime, I''d love some PS dust!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Axford''s have a great reputation over here in the UK.

I''ve not tried them myself, but know people who have.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the assurance of their reputation, Pandora. That was the impression I got while I was doing my search, but it''s nice to have somebody actually over there say the same thing!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Much to my surprise, my corset showed up in the mail today!! I was amazed at how quickly it got here from England. The lady I ordered through had Axfords ship directly to me (to save on time), but I can't believe it only took a week. It came with a handwritten note in lieu of a printed packing slip, which made me smile. The corset is absolutely wonderful and fits me perfectly. Well made, comfy, zips me up, and is invisible under my dress. Perfection, and miles above anything I found here in the states. Definitely worth blowing my budget.
36.gif
Now I need to find an ivory colored garter belt and panties to wear with it and I'll be all set. FI, or should I say hubby, is going to love it.
27.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
That is the perfect corset!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stephanie! Actually, I should say it ALMOST fits me perfectly. I kind float in the top, but I expected that might happen. I''m just going to get some cups and put them in the corset like I would have with the dress. Either that, or maybe get one of those stick-on bras.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Would one of those stick on bras stay on throughout your entire day? I''ve heard of them slipping after a couple of hours of wear.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really not sure, which is probably while I''ll go for the sew-in cups you can buy at the fabric store. I should be able to tack them into the corset pretty easily myself.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
The only thing about those stick on bras- they''re not too sexy to get out of...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 5:07:40 PM
Author: mercoledi
The only thing about those stick on bras- they''re not too sexy to get out of...

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I hesitated to say it.
2.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I think THIS baby would be perfect:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10099384

Just kidding...but there are a lot of custom corset makers on etsy...I''m sure you could find something...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, rockzilla, but I did find a corset! I posted the link a handful of posts up.
37.gif

ETA: Maybe that one for the honeymoon?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results