shape
carat
color
clarity

Coral

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
D93A537B-F9C3-4DF1-88F7-0661FD90692A.jpeg
I have a pair of diamond studs that never leave my ears, but they’re getting to be a bit boring. I decided to spice it up! I bought the prettiest little pair of coral and gold earrings. They were a bargain, I think less than a hundred bucks. Can’t beat that!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I got to model a beautiful coral necklace made by my friend
Rodney Coriz. He is a Native American jeweler from the Santo Domingo Pueblo here in New Mexico. This coming weekend he has a booth in the Indian Market, an important art show in Santa Fe.
DH is a photographer, and Rodney frequently comes to the house to have his jewelry photographed in our studio.
2071 100.jpg
This necklace has Manassa turquoise from Colorado, sugilite, MOP, and other stones.
2074 100.jpg

This is Rodney, adjusting the necklace.
20190811_122952.jpg 20190811_110507.jpg

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful lady with beautiful jewellery. That coral necklace ROCKS!

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful lady with beautiful jewellery. That coral necklace ROCKS!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks @canuk-gal !
It was really heavy, and so unusual. Hopefully he will sell this piece.
Rodney is very talented and I am fortunate to own several of his pieces.

Last edited:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
A word of caution: most red coral has been treated/dyed. Be CERTAIN if you are spending top dollar; trust no one. Many modern artists aren’t even aware of the treatments. One told me that all red coral was dyed... that it came out of the ocean white. The price for untreated bright red Mediterranean coral is extremely high and expected to increase further. I have spent the last 15 years studying coral and my best advice is touch a lot, use a microscope, and be prepared to be assertive. I say all of this truly as a caution to fellow purchasers, not as a judgement of the dyed/treated pieces in this thread. If you know it’s treated, that is of course perfectly acceptable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results