carat
color
clarity

Coral

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this fun photo.
I just read an article that said on the show Bewitched, the characters wore their own clothes and accessories. It said that Agnes Morehead frequently wore this brooch featuring 8.5 cts. of mine cut diamonds, which she bequeathed to Elizabeth Montgomery upon her death in 1974.
But is this real coral? Maybe.
upload_2018-3-23_17-29-27.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course, a fabulous coral necklace on the most awesome Vivian Leigh.
There is a lot of great jewelry featured in Gone With the Wind. Scarlett's cameo brooch in the final scene is breathtaking.
Gone-With-the-Wind-gone-with-the-wind-4369152-1024-768.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course, a fabulous coral necklace on the most awesome Vivian Leigh.
There is a lot of great jewelry featured in Gone With the Wind. Scarlett's cameo brooch in the final scene is breathtaking.
Gone-With-the-Wind-gone-with-the-wind-4369152-1024-768.jpg

In case you're unfamiliar with Gone With the Wind, here's the cameo:
gone-with-the-wind-cameobrooch.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 thank you for sharing all these pics. Old Hollywood wearing coral pieces- so glamorous.:kiss2:

Wow to this 1922 Cartier Coral bracelet. That's one way to do Coral.:love:

coralcartierbracelet.jpg

These earrings. Love the contrast of Coral and Onyx together. Gorgeous.

coraldiamondonyxearrings.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 thank you for sharing all these pics. Old Hollywood wearing coral pieces- so glamorous.:kiss2:

Wow to this 1922 Cartier Coral bracelet. That's one way to do Coral.:love:

coralcartierbracelet.jpg

These earrings. Love the contrast of Coral and Onyx together. Gorgeous.

coraldiamondonyxearrings.jpg
Mmmmmm! Coralicious!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHA-----I stole that idea from YOU, Missy!

Hahaha I know and I like it. Anyway I don't consider it stealing at all. It's sharing and that's what we do here. Now Gimme umm I mean let me share :halo: your bling pretty please.:whistle:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you're unfamiliar with Gone With the Wind, here's the cameo:
gone-with-the-wind-cameobrooch.png
I LOVE this movie!!! A few years ago, another version of Vivian's coral Necklace was for sale, which apparently came from a studio auction lot, or something like that..... It was exactly the same except that instead of chains between the coral clusters, there were coral beads. That sold Immediately lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this movie!!! A few years ago, another version of Vivian's coral Necklace was for sale, which apparently came from a studio auction lot, or something like that..... It was exactly the same except that instead of chains between the coral clusters, there were coral beads. That sold Immediately lol.
GWTW is my absolute favorite movie! I first read the book when I was 12, and saw the movie shortly thereafter. And I have seen it many times since. A masterpiece!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GWTW is my absolute favorite movie! I first read the book when I was 12, and saw the movie shortly thereafter. And I have seen it many times since. A masterpiece!

OMG GWTW is one of my favorite books ever! Also loved the movie.
63 chapters and over 1000 pages of perfection IMO that somehow fly by. Not a dull line in the book. Romance, history, drama, comedy of manners. Scarlett O'hara is a one of a kind creation. And the love story between Scarlett and Rhett, well frankly my dears, I *do* give a damn.:cheeky:
Yanno I think it't time to reread this masterpiece.:appl:
"After all, tomorrow is another day".8)

Check out that coral beauty in the first scene.:love:

One of my favorite lines in the book/movie is when Rhett says to Scarlett:
"You need kissing badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how."

Swoon what a story. :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG GWTW is one of my favorite books ever! Also loved the movie.
63 chapters and over 1000 pages of perfection IMO that somehow fly by. Not a dull line in the book. Romance, history, drama, comedy of manners. Scarlett O'hara is a one of a kind creation. And the love story between Scarlett and Rhett, well frankly my dears, I *do* give a damn.:cheeky:
Yanno I think it't time to reread this masterpiece.:appl:
"After all, tomorrow is another day".8)

Check out that coral beauty in the first scene.:love:

One of my favorite lines in the book/movie is when Rhett says to Scarlett:
"You need kissing badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how."

Swoon what a story. :kiss2:

Haha,,I like when Rhett says "A cat is a better mother than you!"
One of my favorite scenes is when Scarlett shoots the Yankee when he takes her mothers "earbobs".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And fiddle Dee Dee

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding some beautiful Coral pieces. Stracci one might say these are Coralicious.:kiss2:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...e-pearl-diamond-choker-necklace/id-j_2565993/
coralrosepearldiamondnecklace.jpg

I want to roarrrrr (with wonderment) when I see this piece
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...-degrade-18-karat-gold-necklace/id-j_3110883/

lioncoral.jpg

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...klace-removable-brooch-pin-clip/id-j_3466281/

coralbroochnecklace.jpg

Look at this ring. Wow.
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rin...rved-coral-old-cut-diamond-ring/id-j_3470991/

coralring.jpg

And wow to this VCA ring. @LLJsmom look at this VCA piece.:kiss2:
I know this isn't your style nor is it mine but oh I appreciate it very much as I am sure you do too.

vcacoralring.jpg

vcacoralringprofile.jpg

Anybody have more coral pieces to share? I have none in my collection sadly but would love to see (more of) your coral collection:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about this little nugget that women of today still haven’t figured out:
From Mammy no less:
“What gentlemen says and what they thinks is two different things. And I ain't noticed Mr. Ashley asking fer to marry you.” :twisted2:
And then....
“Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?” :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Vesper bought me this mourning brooch. It is made from black and pink coral with pearls.
coral.jpg
So beautiful! I love how strongly organic the black coral is. It contrasts so well with the delicate gold and pearls. Reminds me of a vine climbing on a tree trunk. Like honoring the life that was, while new life grows. What a lovely gift,Vesper.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is exactly how I took it. It has more "hope" than other mourning jewelry. If that is at all logical.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is exactly how I took it. It has more "hope" than other mourning jewelry. If that is at all logical.
Makes perfect sense to me. There is definitely more hope and life, emphasized by the dark. We can’t have light without darkness as a contrast . It is in the relationship between the two that make the hope so strong in your piece.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Two colors of coral and pearls....fab!
Mr. Vesper is a great guy!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is stunning!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I found this Regency bandeau tiara, C 1835. I am seriously considering it for myself to wear when I am home alone.
il_570xN.1422185142_ea1e.jpg

We should all be queens at home!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
B225762A-891D-43B1-8B5A-CC8E00D17605.jpeg
I have been eyeing this angelskin ring on Etsy (AdinaStone) for a long time but just haven’t given in yet. The shop also has the same ring set with an reddish coral, matching earrings, pendant, the lot.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this Regency bandeau tiara, C 1835. I am seriously considering it for myself to wear when I am home alone.
il_570xN.1422185142_ea1e.jpg
Gorgeous! Heck, I would wear that to the grocery store, the post office, the bank...........:love:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
B225762A-891D-43B1-8B5A-CC8E00D17605.jpeg
I have been eyeing this angelskin ring on Etsy (AdinaStone) for a long time but just haven’t given in yet. The shop also has the same ring set with an reddish coral, matching earrings, pendant, the lot.
YOU NEED TO GET THE ENTIRE SET!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I went ahead and bought myself the tiara. :twisted2:

Here is are some lovely coral hair combs.
il_570xN.1578339791_s5zv.jpg
il_570xN.1161652566_2jn3.jpg
il_570xN.741927238_gyy5.jpg
il_570xN.1425058075_qqeq.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results