shape
carat
color
clarity

Conundrum! I got my studs... and.... I''m kind of underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 6:49:43 PM
Author: EBree
I''ll echo some ''awww''s- I''m sorry you don''t love them. And for that price, you should. Don''t feel bad, or like you''ve hurt the bezels'' feelings, though: They only want you to be happy, as we do.
9.gif

You know, WF''s Huggable Diamond Hoops are the same price, if you''re a hoop gal.
31.gif
LOL! This made me smile.
9.gif
I am seriously, seriously considering the scattered diamond hoops instead.... iI think they''re probably more my speed. But I''m worried the posts will be similarly torturous to my ears. Hmmm.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 6:52:46 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

As with most things, gotta be love at first sight. Life is too short to wonder or pine....

cheers--Sharon
Precisely.
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
If you think they are too small now, that feeling is only going to get worst. Trust me. I had 0.33 tcw studs for years and always wanted them bigger. Well, someone some thief wanted them and got them. I saved for replacements for a year. When it came time to buy, I went down to SI clarity so that I could get 0.67 tcw, and I could not be happier. I have had them for 2 years, and have had no thoughts of upgrading them.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t beat yourself up over it. If they are not for you they are not for you. If they don''t work for you I am sure that you can find something that feels like a better more comfy match for you.

Mrs.2Artists

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gecko - Those are pretty small diamonds, so I can understand being underwhelmed. I have worn colored gemstones for years, so when I decided to get diamond studs, I measured all of the my colored gemstones. I knew the 4 mm were too small, and my 6 and 7 mm stones were a bit too big. So I settled on 5 mm (actually 4.8 mm) diamonds, and they are just right.
1.gif

So, I''m suggesting that investing in some colored stone studs would be affordable now, and would give you the size you are looking for, while you save up for some larger diamond studs.

Sorry this current transaction didn''t work out as you hoped.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gecko!
35.gif

Can you take pics anyways?

1) I'd LOVE to see them
and
2) IF you send them back, the pics will remind you why you did so.....

LS

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Send them back and get something you love! But I''d also love to see pics, since I hope to have a pair of studs myself one day:)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have .50ctw for the diamond studs I wear in my second piercings. I wear .84 ctw diamonds in my first piercings. I find the smaller studs to be extremely versatile and I can wear them with anything I want to use in the first piercing. I have them all set in the three-prong martini setting. I recommend the .50 ctw as a good place to start! HTH.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 11:08:49 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Hey Gecko!
35.gif

Can you take pics anyways?

1) I''d LOVE to see them
and
2) IF you send them back, the pics will remind you why you did so.....

LS
I took a few pics - they''re at home. I''ll post them in this thread tonight. Like I said, the little blingers are lovely just not.... quite... what I wanted.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Return em!

I had a similar experience just recently. I had a store credit for a handbag. So I waited months until the right thing came along. I THOUGHT I found the right bag in September, chipped in a bit more $, and pre-ordered it for February delivery. It arrived. I was totally underwhelmed with the color and hardware. It actually had some hardware issues (it didn''t all match!) so I sent it back in for replacement thinking that when it came back I would love it. It arrived again-I was still underwhelmed. So what did I do? I took it out anyway! And I was STILL underwhelmed. I am such a dumba$$ because if I hadn''t of used it I could have returned it for credit and gotten the bag I decided I REALLY wanted.

Now it is sitting waiting to be sold because I found a different color that was just fantastic that I found discounted luckily-but I can''t just return the first bag now with a good conscience because it''s been used.

Finally the new one arrived and I basically wanted to tuck it into bed with me last night!!! THAT is the feeling you should have with a luxury purchase you''ve been waiting for. That''s what you deserve for your hard work!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:18:23 AM
Author: neatfreak
Return em!

I had a similar experience just recently. I had a store credit for a handbag. So I waited months until the right thing came along. I THOUGHT I found the right bag in September, chipped in a bit more $, and pre-ordered it for February delivery. It arrived. I was totally underwhelmed with the color and hardware. It actually had some hardware issues (it didn''t all match!) so I sent it back in for replacement thinking that when it came back I would love it. It arrived again-I was still underwhelmed. So what did I do? I took it out anyway! And I was STILL underwhelmed. I am such a dumba$$ because if I hadn''t of used it I could have returned it for credit and gotten the bag I decided I REALLY wanted.

Now it is sitting waiting to be sold because I found a different color that was just fantastic that I found discounted luckily-but I can''t just return the first bag now with a good conscience because it''s been used.

Finally the new one arrived and I basically wanted to tuck it into bed with me last night!!! THAT is the feeling you should have with a luxury purchase you''ve been waiting for. That''s what you deserve for your hard work!
Precisely! I''m kind of at a loss now, LOL. I''ve been so fixated on the studs that I''m not quite sure what I want now!

Did you post the bag in shopping? Because now I want to see it.
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dani, I''m so sorry to hear this. Return them, you can''t make yourself love them. At least you didn''t get the custom ones.

I was jonesing for studs for a while too and eventually just flat out lost the urge. For the price of those babies you can get TWO asscher spinels and save up a little extra for settings!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:23:04 AM
Author: mercoledi
Oh Dani, I''m so sorry to hear this. Return them, you can''t make yourself love them. At least you didn''t get the custom ones.

I was jonesing for studs for a while too and eventually just flat out lost the urge. For the price of those babies you can get TWO asscher spinels and save up a little extra for settings!
Hee hee - that thought had crossed my mind!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I knew I would be charged the original shipping costs when returning them (says so in the return policy, which I read), but little did I know those original costs were going to be $40. Wish they listed that price. So by the time I send them back that will be aroun $60 - $65.

That sucks.
40.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you made your decision to return them! Dying to see what you pick now instead. Would still like to see pics though before you send them back
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:31:25 PM
Author: bee*
Glad you made your decision to return them! Dying to see what you pick now instead. Would still like to see pics though before you send them back
9.gif
I''ll post them later.
1.gif
I was thinking about the scattered diamond hoops, but now I''m scared. If I don''t like them... I don''t want to go through the return process again. I''ll have to think about it good and hard first!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Blegh, that''s sucky about the return shipping costs. If you exchange, get something with a larger presence, it might make it more satisfying.

Or try miracle grow on the studs? Does that work? Ear-lobe reduction surgery? I have a pair of .25 (if that) ctw studs that I wear in my second hole, but I can see how you aren''t satisfied with that for an investment pair.

I''m so bummed for you Dani.
sniffly%20sad.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:46:48 PM
Author: mercoledi
Blegh, that's sucky about the return shipping costs. If you exchange, get something with a larger presence, it might make it more satisfying.

Or try miracle grow on the studs? Does that work? Ear-lobe reduction surgery? I have a pair of .25 (if that) ctw studs that I wear in my second hole, but I can see how you aren't satisfied with that for an investment pair.

I'm so bummed for you Dani.
sniffly%20sad.gif
Yeah. I don't object to owing them the original shipping, I just really, wish I'd known how much it was going to be.

If I get anything as an exchange, it will be the scattered diamond hoops.

I'm bummed for me too.

But you folks never cease to make me smile.
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hmm,I have a feeling the huggies are wee too. If you're cool going in another direction, maybe this with this or this. Lemme see if I can dig up the huggie thread.

ETA; Hmm, you previously liked these. I can't find the WF huggies on anyone's ears! The ctw seems low to me though, I'd ask for an earshot first.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, Mercoledi you are an enabler girl! I think I may just look for a nice pair of WG huggies locally. A step up from my Target ones, LOL! I wear them everyday, and having nicer ones would be fun.

The scattered hoops appealed because they seem more like something I''d wear every day. DH commented that I rarely wear studs, and he had been suprised at how into them I was in the first place.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you again, Dani? I wish you could get to a craft show where Maria Munoz is showing her stuff! I love, love, love my two pairs of earrings by her (rose gold studs with tiny bezeled diamonds & white gold disc dangles) - and they are WELL under your budget. In fact, you could almost get two pairs!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer Dani. I am sorry to hear that the .25tcw studs were too small. I was considering the same earrings in January but hesitated.... Mainly because I was worried about the precise reaction your having. Maisie has a pair of the scattered diamond hoops if you wanted to give a shout out to her. Good luck and please post pics of the bezels before you send them back
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Dani- Sorry to hear that the studs don''t have the presence you were hoping to get. Glad you''ve decided to return- spending luxury bucks should make you feel fab, all the way!

I have found, personally, that I am just not an earring person. I much prefer my bling on my hand where *I* can enjoy it!

I have my nice studs, which are .76 ctw and I don''t think I will ever have any desire to put more cash into going bigger!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:19:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
Where are you again, Dani? I wish you could get to a craft show where Maria Munoz is showing her stuff! I love, love, love my two pairs of earrings by her (rose gold studs with tiny bezeled diamonds & white gold disc dangles) - and they are WELL under your budget. In fact, you could almost get two pairs!
I''m in MI.
1.gif
And I''ve seen your rose gold ones and they''re gorgeous!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:26:15 PM
Author: icekid
Dani- Sorry to hear that the studs don''t have the presence you were hoping to get. Glad you''ve decided to return- spending luxury bucks should make you feel fab, all the way!

I have found, personally, that I am just not an earring person. I much prefer my bling on my hand where *I* can enjoy it!

I have my nice studs, which are .76 ctw and I don''t think I will ever have any desire to put more cash into going bigger!
I am actually an earring person, but apparantly just not these earrings. LOL!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:21:33 PM
Author: geckodani

I am actually an earring person, but apparantly just not these earrings. LOL!
haha! At least it was obvious immediately, so you won''t regret them later.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dani, I''m sorry you''re disappointed but since the return is going to cost you so much, why not reconsider keeping them for your second hole? 12 1/2 pts. is a nice size for a second pierce.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:35:22 PM
Author: gemgirl
dani, I''m sorry you''re disappointed but since the return is going to cost you so much, why not reconsider keeping them for your second hole? 12 1/2 pts. is a nice size for a second pierce.
I know... and I thought about it. But - there''s a but. LOL. I just want to love them more, even in my second hole. I saved up for them for so long, you know? Meh.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Bah - you people have me second guessing myself. So does DH. He thinks they look awesome in the second hole. I shall go take pictures.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 4:46:28 PM
Author: purrfectpear
12.5 pointers are pretty small. For that matter, I think .25 EACH would still be pretty small
33.gif

Hey watch it PP! *joke*
3.gif

I've got .50ctw diamond RB studs, and I actually adore them... just the right size for wearing every where...

Gecko, I say if you are still feeling underwhelmed (and let's face it, in diamond purchases, I prefer to start off OVER whelmed, and then gradually deflate!!!) send them back, waste no more emotional energy, guilt or worry over the purchase, and resign yourself to some delayed gratification!!!

Or get a pendant instead, which is probably what I would do... because I find delayed gratification pretty hard!!!

ETA: Oh, I see you've already made up your mind to return... I think it's a good choice, particularly if you don't want them as a second pierce earring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results