shape
carat
color
clarity

Conundrum! I got my studs... and.... I''m kind of underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So. Preface. For those of you that know, I''ve been saving for bezel studs for AGES. And I finally saved enough to get the .25tcw. And I gleefully ordered them. And went to pick them up. And opened the box - and was underwhelmed.

This is NOT a commentary on the diamonds or the workmanship - both are superb. They''re gorgeous. They''re just... smallish. LOL. Which is how I wanted them. And yet.... After 5 months of saving, maybe I blew them all out of proportion to reality, but, I''m not excited to be wearing them.
28.gif

Maybe I''m just not a stud person after all?
33.gif

I examined them, deemed them gorgeous, and put them in. And.... ow. The posts are longer than I''m used to, and they''re kind of poking me a little, LOL.

So.

Now they''re on. And sparkling like gangbusters at every turn. Pretty darned gorgeous.

And ... I''m trying to make myself love them.

I think I just answered my question of how to proceed with that last statement, didn''t I?
41.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Why don''t you post pics, let us all exclaim at their beauty, and feel better??
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL Porridge. Because I''ve not even been home with them yet.
41.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh no Dani!!!!!!!

Thats not at all the reaction I was expecting...
3.gif

Well, like you said maybe you are not a stud person... if I remember correctly you have 2 holes in each ear right? Do you normally wear studs in both holes or just the top?
I have 3 in each ear and I wore studs in all of them which is why I knew I was gonna love the bigger studs in the bottom... but let me say that I am not a big dangly earring or hoop earring person.. I really think the last time I wore anything but studs in my ears was at my own wedding in August! haa haa

I say that if you dont really love them send em back... no use in spending hard saved money on something you are not gonna love
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your studs! I know you''ve been wanting some for a while. Its always disapointing when something doesn''t turn out the way you had imagined or hoped. Would you be happier with them if they had cost less? Or do you really think they are truly too small?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely know this feeling! Geckdani . . . wear them for a bit, but if you don''t LOVE them, return them. You spent your hard earned dollars on them, and if you keep them despite not loving them, they''ll probably just end up as jewelry box decoration.

Sadly, I speak from experience . . .
7.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:12:22 PM
Author: poshpepper
Oh no Dani!!!!!!!

Thats not at all the reaction I was expecting...
3.gif

Well, like you said maybe you are not a stud person... if I remember correctly you have 2 holes in each ear right? Do you normally wear studs in both holes or just the top?
I have 3 in each ear and I wore studs in all of them which is why I knew I was gonna love the bigger studs in the bottom... but let me say that I am not a big dangly earring or hoop earring person.. I really think the last time I wore anything but studs in my ears was at my own wedding in August! haa haa

I say that if you dont really love them send em back... no use in spending hard saved money on something you are not gonna love
1.gif
Posh - I big puffy heart you. It''s not the reaction I was expecting either! I literally flew over there on lunch, totally excited, got my package, and - stopped dead in my tracks. I feel bad for the poor studs. It''s not their fault, LOL!

I do have 2 holes in each ear. I NEVER wear studs in all 4 (mostly because my first holes are uneven, which isn''t as noticeable with hoops and a pair of studs, but with double studs....).

I wear either hoops and studs in the second hole, or interesting studs alone in the first.

These would look great in my second hole, but they''re kind of expensive for that.
14.gif

Meh.

Meh.

Meh I say, LOL!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm. Interesting. I'm sorry you're feeling let down ... that part suxxxxx. I've had a hunch I'd feel the same way about .25tcw so I haven't allowed myself to actively want them. Though Wallermama had .30ishTCW & hers looked like a nice size??? Hmmmm. Maybe you need some time to adjust expectations & live w/it a bit. What's the return period? (Or is there one?)

ETA: Maybe huggies would work better for you? Or something like I have that has a tiny gypsy set diamond inside a larger white gold disc.... still sparkly but more visual oomph for less $$?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:15:18 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Congrats on your studs! I know you''ve been wanting some for a while. Its always disapointing when something doesn''t turn out the way you had imagined or hoped. Would you be happier with them if they had cost less? Or do you really think they are truly too small?
I''d still think them too small for my main piercing. But if they had cost less, I''d probably wear them in my second hole no problem.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:15:30 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I absolutely know this feeling! Geckdani . . . wear them for a bit, but if you don''t LOVE them, return them. You spent your hard earned dollars on them, and if you keep them despite not loving them, they''ll probably just end up as jewelry box decoration.

7.gif
My worry as well Lauren.

Deco - I''ve got 10 days to make up my mind.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww...you can always get the posts trimmed down a bit so they don''t poke you. I''m sorry you feel underwhelmed! Do you think it''s just buyer''s remorse that might go away once you get a chance to get them home and enjoy them for a bit?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:16:04 PM
Author: geckodani

Posh - I big puffy heart you. It''s not the reaction I was expecting either! I literally flew over there on lunch, totally excited, got my package, and - stopped dead in my tracks. I feel bad for the poor studs. It''s not their fault, LOL!

I do have 2 holes in each ear. I NEVER wear studs in all 4 (mostly because my first holes are uneven, which isn''t as noticeable with hoops and a pair of studs, but with double studs....).

I wear either hoops and studs in the second hole, or interesting studs alone in the first.

These would look great in my second hole, but they''re kind of expensive for that.
14.gif

Meh.

Meh.

Meh I say, LOL!
Awww
8.gif

So do you think you would have liked the bigger size for your main holes? (the .50tcw?)

If you have 10 days I say wear them a little more (perhaps mix up the combinations) and make a decision. Even though they are expensive for the second hole if you wear them often they could be a keeper... how often do you wear earrings in the second hole?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Geckodani, why aren''t your second holes "good enough" to wear these stunning new earrings that you even said would look "great" in them? (Now I feel sorry for your second set of holes. Poor little pierced holes, went through the same amount of pain yet destined only to wear second-rate pieces from the mall!
39.gif
j/k)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
41.gif
Date:
3/26/2009 3:25:45 PM
Author: poshpepper

Awww
8.gif

So do you think you would have liked the bigger size for your main holes? (the .50tcw?)

If you have 10 days I say wear them a little more (perhaps mix up the combinations) and make a decision. Even though they are expensive for the second hole if you wear them often they could be a keeper... how often do you wear earrings in the second hole?
If I have hoops in my first holes I have studs in the second holes. I shall experiment with different combinations.

As for the .50tcw... I honestly don''t know. Probably. Although knowing me, I''d probably have thought them too big.
41.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:26:09 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Geckodani, why aren''t your second holes ''good enough'' to wear these stunning new earrings that you even said would look ''great'' in them? (Now I feel sorry for your second set of holes. Poor little pierced holes, went through the same amount of pain yet destined only to wear second-rate pieces from the mall!
39.gif
j/k)
LOL!!! Second rate little piercings!
9.gif
I guess my thought process was that I wanted these to be stand alone studs for my main piercing.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''d give yourself some time before making a final decision.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sucks that you don''t love them. Do you have any friends that you can ask their honest opinion on how they look on you? Posts are easy enough to shorten, but if you don''t love them after a bit I vote for returning them. Those suckers are too expensive to sit in a jewellery box!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Do these have an upgrade policy? Could you wear them while you save up for something a bit bigger?

I recently went browsing for studs - I was hoping for a certain size and when she pulled them out, I was shocked. I thought they''d look so much bigger!!

But when I held them up to my ear, they didn''t look so small anymore. Maybe that is waht you should do. Spend some time wearing them and maybe they will ''grow'' on you ;-)

Either way, congrats on saving up and reaching your goal!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Italiah - I''ll definitely live with them for a few days before deciding.
1.gif

Addy - The general consensus at work was that they would look better in the second hole, LOL! I''ll ask my friends over the weekend when we get together.

DH''s comment when I called him on lunch was that this was not the reaction I had to my bezel band or ering, which were along the lines of, "SQUEAAAAL!!!!!"

October2008bride - No upgrade policy on these. I''ll definitely give them more of a chance - my initial reaction just threw me for a loop! And thanks for the kudos - it took a long while, and I''m pretty proud of myself for saving up for them, regardless of whether they get exchanged for something else.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock

7.gif

Ditto - if you don''t love them, its not worth it, and its better to save for bigger ones or put the money towards something you will love. Sad, but true...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, what a bummer! I would return them and save for a bigger pair I think.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That is a serious bummer! I hope they grow on you - I know you''ve been saving for a long time.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
12.5 pointers are pretty small. For that matter, I think .25 EACH would still be pretty small
33.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:58:22 PM
Author:geckodani

I think I just answered my question of how to proceed with that last statement, didn''t I?
41.gif
I fink maybe so..... but, give them a couple days to be sure.

I am really sorry they didn''t make you go "squeeee".
40.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I hate that feeling when you don''t like something that you''re dying to get. I definitely agree with posting some pics. Maybe wear them over the next few days and see do you love them anymore.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Have I mentioned lately how much you all rock?
1.gif
Your thoughtful responses are wonderful.

DH got home, took a look and said something along the lines of, "They''re lovely. But I can''t see you wearing them everyday. And most importantly, after waiting so long for them, you should be jumping for joy and not even considering returning them."

So. I think that settles it. I don''t think wearing them is going to change my mind. Especially because they kind of hurt, LOL. Mayhap I have really, really small holes or something.
19.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you've made the right decision! Are you going to save up for a larger pair in the same styleor try for another style in a larger size?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto!!!!! Been there done that.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'll echo some 'awww's- I'm sorry you don't love them. And for that price, you should. Don't feel bad, or like you've hurt the bezels' feelings, though: They only want you to be happy, as we do.
9.gif

You know, WF's Huggable Diamond Hoops are the same price, if you're a hoop gal.
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As with most things, gotta be love at first sight. Life is too short to wonder or pine....

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results