shape
carat
color
clarity

Controversial Question : In your opinion, what is a Democrat? A Repulican?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

What is your opinion - What makes one a Democrat in this century? and what makes one a Republican?

(i''m obviously not looking for the textbook answer)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband, a very conservative Republican (and, also, a banker), tells this joke:

A man needs a heart transplant. The surgeon approaches him and says, "This is only pro forma, but I am required to ask you this question. We have two hearts available. One is from a young man who was very athletic; he ran marathons. The other is from an elderly Republican banker. I know what you will answer, but you must tell me which heart you prefer."

The man who needs the transplant promptly replies, "I want the heart of the Republican banker".

The surgeon is stunned and says, "Perhaps you did not understand. The Republican banker was elderly. The other donor was very vigorous and healthy."

The man awaiting the transplant replies, "I understood! I want the heart that has never been used!"

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

Can I have another choice - PLEASE ?

These days - it comes down to which party I dislike the least.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock

A democrat is two faced ignoramous, that airs their laundry out in the public forum.

A republican is a two faced ignoramous, that airs their laundry out behind closed doors.

The both are hibitual liars, and the only way to tell when they are not lying is when their caskets are being lowered into the grave.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2004 2:56:35 PM
Author: Feydakin

Why thank you for that wonderfully enlightening diatribe.. I am so glad to know that both Deb and I are two faced ingnoramouses.. At least we now have that in common..

Steve

Steve-

Are you sure we are not both ignorami? ;-)

Deb

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Haven''t missed a primary or general election since 1970. Sorry I was not refering to you two, I was refering to the politicians, but then again if you are politicians then maybe it does apply. Iam a democrat that is a registered republican, reason for this is because I live in PA, and we do not have open primary. This way I can vote against fundementilist morons like Pat Toomey and get him out of the general election. Hence we get Spector, and I voted for his opponent. Now if we can only get rid of Santorium.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two sides of the same coin on the leadership level.
Just differ in how fast they will run the country into the ground.
Neither will do anything about the real problems facing America.
Illegal immigration / open borders
Broken justice system
Broken education system.
Bankrupt social security system.
Job loss to overseas.
Increased foreign meddling in our affairs.
Breaking medical system which both sides solution sucks.
Broke banking system, interest rates that make it not worth saving money vs spending it.
More money than worth in the stock markets caused by low interest rates.
More Government control and watching on our everyday lives.
Difference between them?
It will be a longer time before I have to give the government my guns and ammo one bullet at a time with the Republicans because they prefer a boiled frog approach over the direct flame thrower approach of the Dems.
In the end were just as screwed.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I find it wrong too. There is no reason why I should have to only vote within my party in the primary. I should be able to vote for the republicans or the demacrats. But not so in PA. So I have registered republican because it is the most dangerous party, chuck full of religious zelots. Who are unwilling to think for themselves, why should they when the church does it for them. To me this is the same thing that we are fighting aginst in Iraq and with Al quedia. George W Bush is the equivelent of an Uncle Sam poster boy for enlistment to the terrorosts. The churches and religons have oversteped their bounds into the political arena. Just remember what Buckminster Fuller said when asked wht is the most dangerous thing in the world now. His reply was organized religion. Iam all for having federal funds given to the chuches, because once they take the bait Iam really hoping that the IRS will take over. and expose the charlatins like Roberts, Robinson, Falwell and the rest of those low lifes, not to mention the Catholic church. By the way, I do not consider myself Christian, just spiritual, not to mention an AMERICAN.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2004 10:19:25 PM
Author: Feydakin

Fortunately, there is not an organized effort at this, or it could cause serious harm to the entire election process.. you have taken something that you should hold dear and precious, and turned it into something that I find rather vile..

Steve

problem is that it is an organized effort.
The strategy was put forth and adopted during the clinton years in congressional races and spread by a lot of the Dem. orgs in an attempt to get easier to beat opponents in the race.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I was doing this long before Clinton. There was some mental midget who was a state rep. He was pro life, and would just barely win the primary and the general election. I finally moved into his district and was able to vote against him. Got him out in the primary and hopefully into oblivion. Iam not a loyal democrat, I have voted republican quite a few times. No I don''t go to church. They are nothing but political organizations. I believe that Texas has an open primary, so you can vote for whoever you want, does that make them subversive to the political process? I think not. I do hold my vote dear and I exercise it 2 times a year, but I really wish that some day there will really be somebody to vote for, and not the political hack that the party put up. Have a nice day.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2004 8:39:56 AM
Author: HAMMER
but I really wish that some day there will really be somebody to vote for, and not the political hack that the party put up. Have a nice day.
That we can agree on 100% there wasnt one canidate running that Id have voted for if there had been more options.

While I dont like what you do in the primaries it is your right to do so and I support that.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
VA was such state that you had to be aligned to a party to vote. I was a registered independent for years. One election I was passionate about a primary & registered as a democrat. I must still be; as the party still calls to make sure I went & voted.
6.gif

What''s a democrat? What''s a republican? If the democratic party can figure that out these days, they would have won the election. They certainly aren''t courting the populace. And, are being percieved by this independent as insider washington elitests. It seems that whatever a republican is - it''s appealing to the masses.

I never vote party line; so, I really have not given much thought to the question. However, it seemed to be an issue in this election.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results