shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blaineypoo

Rough_Rock
I saw a beautiful ring on a friend that was moissanite. I really liked it,but I really have no idea what a big diamond looks like anyway!! Some say mois. looks real. Some say it looks fake. Ametheste, does anybody ever question you? (as tacky as it would be to do so) My fiance and I just bought a house, and are talking about the ring. I liked the moissanite, but will I regret it once it''s on my hand? It''s certainly less expensive, but is it worth it to begin with?? Real or fake looking?? Please help! Im sooo confused!!! Im scared, cuz diamonds mean nothing to me now, I dont care too much, but what about when I age. Will I have missed out? I just dont want to sport a ring people are saying "oh, that poor dear" to, and I dont know the differance. I dont want to sound shallow, Im not. I just dont understand this diamond thing!!!!!

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Not many people will be able to tell the difference between moisonite and diamond. Since you just bought a house, may I suggest that you buy the mounting that you want, and when you can afford it, replace the moisonite with a diamond.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

I think Moissanite is very believable in my opinion. Nice second choice as an e-ring center. There are others that are pretty nice also if your looking to save even more money.

www.freecz.com (Wink is wonderful~!)

www.bellisima-gem.com (Gin is fabulous)

Congrats on being a new homeonwner~!~!

35.gif

givemediamonds

Rough_Rock

Congrats on your new house!

I agree with the others. Mossanite is a good option for a E-ring center. I have seen a few stones of Mossanite, and have found that it looks a lot like diamonds (but some of it does have a yellow tinge - depending on the shape and setting).

I think as long as you don''t care, then no one will know the difference.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My experience with Moissanite is this: The round stones are the most brilliant and sparkly shape and they show less yellowish green than the fancy shapes. The round stones of 1.25 and under look pretty white and sparkly like diamond. Moissanite has a guarantee that it won''t turn cloudy and dull as many CZ''s do over time, which is nice since they are so much more costly.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i saw some moissanite in a store the other day and honestly it looked pretty yellow to me vis a vis the CZ. would a very nice CZ stone (asha?) perhaps be an option?

Blaineypoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the opinions guys. I''d never posted before and was nervous about how to word it. LOL. I went and looked at stones yest. and saw the larger tended to look too sparkly (plus a 1.7 was 3,000 bucks, can you believe that?!?!?) i think ive narrowed down to 1-1.25 round brill. in a tiffany setting. nothing too extreme, just a classic ring. My fiance and i looked at the 1 ct and compared to a 1 ct at other places.It reflected more color than most standard cut diamonds. It looked astonishingly like a leo, but at 24 and just buying a house, dunno who''d believe we could kick out for that. LOL. Its definatley an option. I dont know much about asha, has anyone seen it in person. Id like something that doesnt draw too much attention (im a low maintenance, low flash girl) but if its gazed upon, which all new rings always are- wont be spotted as HEY, THATS FAKE!!! By the way, if anybody ever wants to see a mois. in person-just to solve any curiosities, jc penney carries it now. But dont look at it next to THEIR diamonds, the 1.5 diamond they had was REALLY poor quality. Thanks soooo much for any opinions i can get. Im new at all this, which is scary, so any help is reeaaallly appreciated.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results