shape
carat
color
clarity

confirm invite wording

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I want to post my invite wording to make sure there are no glaring mistakes before I confirm with invitation company. wish i could post their mock up but it is a pdf file and im not sure how to convert to image and post here....

Mr. and Mrs. Gary Smith and Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Jones
invite you to witness the union of their families as

Gwen Smith
and
Byron Jones

are married on
Saturday, the eleventh of October
at five o''clock in the afternoon
Ocean Village Inn
1234 Ocean Road
Ocean Village, CA

Adult Reception Immediately Following Ceremony

I cant get the layout of the RSVP card to work, but here is the wording:

We would be honored by your presence on
our Wedding day
Please respond by August 1st, 2008

__________ Total number of guests attending
Dinner options:
_________ Beef
_________ Chicken
_________ Vegetarian
Regrets:
_________ Sorry, we are unable to attend

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 2:36:48 PM
Author:Gwyn
I want to post my invite wording to make sure there are no glaring mistakes before I confirm with invitation company. wish i could post their mock up but it is a pdf file and im not sure how to convert to image and post here....

Mr. and Mrs. Gary Smith and Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Jones

invite you to witness the union of their families as

Gwen Smith

and

Byron Jones

are married on

at five o''clock in the afternoon

Ocean Village Inn

1234 Ocean Road

Ocean Village, CA

Adult Reception Immediately Following Ceremony

I cant get the layout of the RSVP card to work, but here is the wording:

We would be honored by your presence on

our Wedding day

Please respond by August 1st, 2008

__________ Total number of guests attending

Dinner options:

_________ Beef

_________ Chicken

_________ Vegetarian

Regrets:

_________ Sorry, we are unable to attend

it looks great! just two things -

1) i think you are missing the year here

2) one thing i found out when i received my RSVPs back - for the meal orders, when people put say 2 guests coming and then chose one chicken and one vegetarian, i did not know who chose what. i''m not sure the best way to rearrange the RSVP but just something to take into consideration. maybe your invitation company might have some suggestions. i''d be curious to hear what they say

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I sent them to my mother for extra eyes, turns out....i put the wrong date!

would have been interesting to have people showing up the 11th and not the 18th!!!!!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 2:55:45 PM
Author: Gwyn
Well, I sent them to my mother for extra eyes, turns out....i put the wrong date!

Wonder how many people did what I just did and ran to check their proofs!
6.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Wrong date! Well nothing I have tops that...

Minor etiquette point... The married couples hosting should each get their own line, if you have enough space.

And, you have probably made this decision already, but I personally would not put the "adult" modifier on the reception line on the invitation itself - it comes off harsh no matter where you put it, but I would put it on the reply card if you have to have it, as that is where other business/record-keeping matters are placed. Then the invitation line is more inviting and welcoming, rather than off-putting. (Assuming that you are not inviting children to either the ceremony or the reception, and you address your invitations to the adults only, making a notation on the reply card alone should be sufficient to get your point across. And realize that no matter how harshly you phrase it, some people may not notice or care and may need correction.)

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Lovely job, but I have to second Cara. "Adult" just jumped out at me and I giggled inside. Like Adult video store? It just sounds sort of like you are having a burlesque reception or something (which could be fab). Perhaps that is just a regional thing and we are from different areas so its normal to do that in CA, but my sister had an adult only ceremony and reception in NYC and so she called the invitees with children (a small bunch) and explained "because of the lateness of hour..." Most of them had already figured it out because it was addressed to Mr. and Mrs. only. You would think most peeps with kids got married so know these things...but I''m rambling and I just wanted to add that Adult sounds like a racy time to me.
2.gif

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I think I am going to erase the line all together and, since we are inviting everyone in pairs (no invitations for just one or more then 2)

I am going to edit the reply card to read "Two seats have been reserved in your honor"

And then put the number of guest attending option.

I am not super against having kids there but i am already inviting a few more people then the venue will allow (if they all come then we can squeeze em in. At 50 people it is mostly family and good friends so we should not have that many that cannot attend. Anyway, I just dont have the space for kids, not when we didnt even invite some adults do to spacing.

OH, my sister says that if i have a space for them to fill in the number of guests attending i should omit the regrets line. Since the guest can just put "0" for number attending.

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results