shape
carat
color
clarity

Confessions of a Gemaholic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic, heh, it won''t go down in time as an amazing movie, but it was cute. And I adore Isla Fisher.

I love when she is trying to fight her shopping tendencies and goes "Do I nnneeeeed this?". I feel that way about gems, I see one that I just fall in love with, and try to tell myself I don''t "need" a new shiny. And usually I control myself and don''t buy it, but every now and then I give in and boy does it feel good!

Anyways, for those of you looking for a cute flick, this one is out in the Redbox, and worth the 1$ rental I think. (Love the Redbox btw).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been itching to see this movie - maybe I will go rent it this weekend!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 8:12:51 AM
Author:MakingTheGrade
Just saw the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic, heh, it won''t go down in time as an amazing movie, but it was cute. And I adore Isla Fisher.

I love when she is trying to fight her shopping tendencies and goes ''Do I nnneeeeed this?''. I feel that way about gems, I see one that I just fall in love with, and try to tell myself I don''t ''need'' a new shiny. And usually I control myself and don''t buy it, but every now and then I give in and boy does it feel good!

Anyways, for those of you looking for a cute flick, this one is out in the Redbox, and worth the 1$ rental I think. (Love the Redbox btw).
I can relate!For years I could either make myself something or have one of my many goldsmith friends make me something or even find it at market or wholesale...point is i rarely passed up a piece that was a good deal!Actually glad i did because many of those pieces paid for my later education or living expenses while un-employed.I still have a hard time passing up a good deal,but more often then not these days I DO!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve notice that I''ve been cutting back on extras so I can put the money towards gem-related things (settings, etc). Nothing major, but if I''ve got some time to kill after dropping the kids off at practice, I won''t be interested in doing my usual TJ Maxx/Marshalls browse - stuff like that. But hey, now I can get in and out of Target a lot faster!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I got excited when I saw this post....but then realized I misread...thought you meant GERMAHOLIC... LOL
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go through phases, one year it was all shoes, another year, it was all bags, this year its all things sparkly
9.gif
and while I should be putting some $ aside for another future upgrade a 10 year (buying gems is more instant gratification I guess or suppose to help curb my neverending wishlist of diamonds...period)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results