shape
carat
color
clarity

Confess, do you feed your dog or cat people food

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 7:27:17 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
''People'' food is not bad for pets (well, unless it''s unhealthy food), it''s probably better than a life on dry kibble, that is for sure. Animals lived for a very long time on a variety of food before manufactured dog and cat food came along -- most of which is made from the bottom of the barrel of agricultural and meat industry waste. My dog frequently get bits of what I''m having -- they love apples, melon, pears, baby carrots, all types of meat, and small bits of cheese. When they are sick and refusing to eat, I''ll often mix lean chicken with steamed rice and carrots to help stimulate their appetite. We don''t have a problem with them begging because they don''t get anything until we''re done eating if it''s at mealtime, so they don''t bother begging during the meal. Although if I sit down on the couch with an apple... I have two best friends seated very close nearby
2.gif

Three of my friends fed their dogs human food. All their dogs outlived their breeds by a few years. My DH''s old family dog lived a long life too. All these dogs were fed vegetables, cooked meat (mainly chicken and pork) and rice each meal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results