shape
carat
color
clarity

Concerns about a Tiffany Diamond - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandnewtothis

Rough_Rock
I posted previously asking for opinion on this diamond, but after learning a bit more I have more questions. I am looking at a diamond from Tiffany''s. It''s in a 6-prong Tiffany setting. My main concern is regarding the girdle. The girdle goes from very thin to medium. I''m not sure how much of the girdle is very thin, but I''ll try to find out on my next visit. One thing that seemed odd to me was that the inscription is on the crown. Should I be worried about that? Why would they do that? Their lab report has a field labeled "crown inscription," which would lead me to believe it''s not uncommon for them to do this.

Here''s what the Tiffany lab report has:
Shape - Round
Cut - Brilliant
Measurements - 6.91-6.97 x 4.21 mm
Carat weight - 1.20
Color grade - F
Flourenscence - None
Precision of Cut - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Clarity Grade - VS1
Enhancements - None
Total Depth % - 60.7%
Table Size % - 54%
Crown Angle - 33.5 degrees
Pavilion Depth % - 43.5%
Crown Inscription - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Girdle Inscription - None
Girdle Thickness - Very thin to Medium
Girdle Finish - Faceted
Culet - None

I really love the look of the diamond. Any thoughts people have are very much appreciated. Reading through this board has been a great help to me! Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I support anyone desiring to have a ring from Tiffany even though they could get an equal larger stone elsewhere for the same money. But honestly, I'd want my stone to have optimal ideal specs if I were paying the premium for the Tiffany name. I'd want the crown angle between 34 and 35 and I'd certainly not accept very thin for the girdle. Ask them to get you some others in to choose from.

Look here under class 1A:

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/round.asp

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very thin or very thick girdles are not usually considered desirable.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Could the inscription have been done on the crown because it is too risky to inscribe on the girdle since it is very thin (i.e high risk of chipping?)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not as worried about the laser on the crown as I am with the specs of this diamond...it''s just ok. It''s not fantastic and that''s what you should get when you are paying a fortune for the tiffany''s blue box. Very thin girdles can be a problem if you are setting them in a way that the girdle is exposed. I wouldn''t worry about them as much in a bezel, for example.

Upside Down Man

Shiny_Rock
I''m curious BrandNewToThis, how much is Tiffany asking for that ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results