shape
carat
color
clarity

comparison help... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkwing_1978

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if I can get your expert opinions on these two stones - Mainly - why such a price difference when you look at the per/carat price? They are both from online retailers frequently mentioned on this board,

Round
.607 carat
G
VS2
Depth 60.7%
Table 56%
Crown 34.2
Pavilion 40.7

It rates a .7 on the HCA - the price is $1980 or $3262 per carat

.58 carat
G
VVS2
Depth 60.6%
Table 54.7 %
Crown 34.4
Pavilion 40.7
Culet .6

HCA rates this a .7 as well.

The price for this diamond is $2682.00 or $4624 per carat

Does the VVS2 compared to VS2 account for the 1400 dollar difference, or am I missing something here?

thanks in advance for your help!!
:twirl:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully a seller will chime in here. There can be a number of reasons for the difference. I don't know if it is solely the vvs2 versus the vs2, although there can be good sized price jumps there. It can also depend on whether a diamond has an AGS vs. a GIA vs. an EGL or other grading report. Factors such as a dealer who owns a diamond for stock versus buying on memo also come into play. Different vendors may also adjust their prices based on the services they offer and the price they have to pay for the diamond.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with lawmax. Sounds like a big price jump just on clarity alone. I would do some more inquiring about these stones if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results