shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You and your hubby are adorable, yennyfire. You are a beautiful, tiny elf! I never used to be a small person. When I got married I was almost 5'5". But I shrank and am now only 5'2 " and weigh 111 lbs. People keep calling me tiny. It looks to me as if you must have been tiny all your life! You look adorable beside your big husband! (And I know from your postings what a smart and wise woman you are, of course.) Mazel Tov on your marriage!

Big hugs,
Deb :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
13239988_10209829239551569_5579016471487339888_n.jpg

Married 41 years ago today in 1977! This was fairly typical of the style back then. I really loved my dress but by today's standards, we look very dated - but then we are - lol!

Happy Anniversary MGR! Beautiful bride and handsome groom, love your dress!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
scan_0.jpg

1989. Armenian Orthodox Church in San Francisco.

Queenie-

Did you and your husband kneel and get crowned with wreaths because you were "a king and queen on your wedding day" in your rite?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were married in 2006 on St. Patrick's Day at a B&B on the shore in CT with maybe 15 close friends and family. The second picture is us in the beach and was given to us by a friend who attended and edited the picture so it was black and white with only the flowers in color.

IMG_6812.JPG IMG_6814.JPG

StephanieLynn-

Weren't you freezing to death? I live near you! St. Patrick's Day is March 17. It is cold here in March! (I got married in March and there were fires burning in the fireplaces where we had our reception!) But there you are wearing a skimpy little dress! How did you wear that on the beach? I would have died!!!! (But you look fabulous! And your husband is great looking, too!)

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Deb, what a great thread! (that rhymed) :cheeky: Thanks for starting this. I hope it really takes off.
It is SO nice to finally put a beautiful face to the beautiful lady I've chatted with all these years! I particularly love your veil. ::)

Thank you for the compliment, Ellen. I do not even know the woman that was in that photo, however. I hope that you realize that! She existed only in the distant past! ;)) I am far older that you. We know this because you got married at around the time of Lady Diana and Prince Charles. I had been married for ages by the time they got hitched!

I have to say that I think your gown is simply splendid. I cannot say anything about your appearance except that you have a nice figure (since you blocked out your face). However, you look wonderful in your gown. I wish I had had one as lovely as yours, but I was rushing to prepare for a wedding and just wanted to get things done. It would have been fun to plan for real wedding if I had had the sense to do that!

Thanks for sharing your lovely dress!

Hugs,

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, it was freezing! We were in Westbrook so it was very breezy but it was such a pretty day we had to get a couple of shots :mrgreen2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1984 baby! The decade of wedding hats

5C4B2B37-EA2E-4E1A-AAB1-1BB30F9FB4B0.jpeg

I totally forgot that my brother's wife had worn a hat when she got married until I saw you in this photo, Bonfire! Yes! Wedding hats! I was in my sister-in-law's bridal party and I, too, had a little hat as a bridesmaid. Too funny! It reminds me, now, of The Royal Wedding. One of my parents' friends was referring to me (to them) as "The Marquesa" throughout my brother's wedding because of my gown and hat! I heard about that after the do.

I will tell you what I do not find dated, although I have read that other people do, however: the sleeves. People now look at Lady Diana's gown with its huge, puffy sleeves and say it is "so 1980's". I loved her gown, though. I also love yours, and I think your sleeves are marvelous. I think you wore a really beautiful gown and look fabulous in it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I deliberately cut our heads off...but it is the dress that takes up the whole picture anyway....lol dress.png

Very pretty, Sharon. It looks kind of like romantic ballet tutu (which I love). Do you have any more photos of it?

Deb :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are photos from my marriage in 2002, which lasted 10 years.
FBFB663A-264E-420F-80F5-725BA12759CE.jpeg
559721B5-6F3B-41E5-AC26-BD91942E2938.jpeg

But I get married again in 21 days and will share those photos afterwards! :mrgreen2:

Ooh so excited for you @ILikeShiny! Sending you warm wishes and hope your wedding day is as wonderful as you are :kiss2:...may it be your dream wedding. You already have your dream guy!:appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This dress was about $1800. The little lace jacket was $600. My veil was about $100.

31FB2A1D-2A20-4B85-82C3-294BE9ACEB16.jpeg

Every piece you have on is absolutely exquisite, House Cat, and you look like a snow queen!

Hugs,
(((House Cat)))
Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, what beautiful brides (and handsome grooms).:kiss2:

Sharon, @canuk-gal, you are radiant.
(Haha making up for some missing pics from you know who I will happily share).

@MissGotRocks, Happy Anniversary.:appl:

We got married at city hall 3 months before the scheduled "big" wedding because I finally felt sure and ready and all of a sudden I wanted to marry the love of my life as soon as I could. So spontaneously (which is so not me) I said let's elope despite the fact our planned wedding was 3 months away and so we did. I cannot find pics of the polka dot A line above the knee dress I wore when we were married by the Judge at City Hall but here's what I wore three months later.

We got married at a "kitschy" place called The Grand Prospect Hall -it was perfect for our fun wedding. The wedding place was grandiose but tongue in cheek and we both just knew it was the place we wanted to get married. It really was very low key planning and neither of us were stressed in the time leading up to or during the day. In fact the manager at The Grand Prospect said he had never seen such a calm and cool bride. Haha that is not really my MO but that day it sure was. And we all had a blast. Wonderful memories and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

With my flower girls and the ring bearer. My nieces and nephew. My other nieces were not yet born at the time.

weddingphotogregsfamily.jpg

I did not like the wedding veil-it was just too much veil for me but I wore it as a favor to my mom who borrowed the veil from her best friend and it meant something to the both of them that I wear it so I did. I forget the designer (because I am not into that) but it was a famous designer.

weddinghold.jpg

The dress was a sample dress I got for 1/3 the price but still it was the most I had ever spent on a dress ever. Crazy for one day but again worth it completely. It was a wonderful day.

weddingstairs.jpg

I don't think we missed one dance.

weddingdance.jpg

Cutting the cake to "When I'm 64". Oops we are almost there.:geek2:
weddingcakecutting.jpg

Dancing till we couldn't dance anymore

TomsWeddingPictures017-2.jpg

VarcWeddingPictures008-2-2.jpg

At the end of the evening when everyone had gone. We didn't hire a photographer (and didn't do video) but instead had our good friend Bob who is a dentist but also an artist take photos for us. It was the perfect low key and non intrusive type of photography we wanted. My good friend Tom also took some nice photos.

weddingdip.jpg

That's all folks.

Fabulous dress @missy! SO elegant, you look beautiful! :love: And such lovely pics, you both look amazing and so happy! :kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
355E627F-63C4-4997-BDE6-55173E2A1B3D.jpeg Married 2/2006 in St Petersburg, Florida at the Vinoy. Dress cost $1500, half of which were because of alterations. Tiara was $300,Veil was $10 on Amazon.

You look like a princess, September_Blue. Just beautiful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, Sharon. It looks kind of like romantic ballet tutu (which I love). Do you have any more photos of it?

No I don't. I am surprised I have even one wedding photo out.:mrgreen2: Packed away. If I remember the next time I am at my Mom's house, I'll take a picture.

But you are right the dress was tulle--tutu like. I really wanted a dress like the new Duchess (Meghan) wore (either of her dresses), but there was nothing like it to be found in my neck of the woods (1985). I would have worn a pantsuit in that silk fabric that was used in her dress, but my Mother was mortified at the thought. I said NO lace. So tulle it was--I would never have considered that dress, but at my Mothers insistence I tried it. When I put it on, I was surprised I liked it. My veil was short and I had a small headpiece that went with my hair/French roll and swoopy bang.

This is a fun thread Deb--thanks!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks Pinto! My mother was very nervous during the photo session. She was terrified that my dog would jump up on my Priscilla of Boston gown. Lol, it was quite a day!

I agree. You looked smashing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me with my Mom, 2008 NY JOP wedding performed lakeside. I wore cap sleeves since I had to wear a bra and needed something to cover the straps. The dress had some cleavage showing but the sheer panel covered that up somewhat. I wasn't really concerned with showing "too much" skin, just being comfortable. It was June and pretty warm. I also don't think women have to dictate themselves to any type of dress code ever, not even for a wedding. If a particular church or similar religious institute has a dress code then it's her choice to participate or not, but I don't hold that standard to anyone for any reason. 508.JPG

AH, your dress is stunning. Love it. And I love this pic, you and your mom look beautiful and such gorgeous scenery.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an ‘un’wedding dress which cost. £89, we had a civil ceremony with 20 guests. If I’d had my way, it’d have just been the 2 of us and 2 witnesses :lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, and there is something especially appealing about the way you are interacting with your puppy, ceg. You look like someone out of Camelot (Kennedy). (That is a compliment.)

Wow, maybe the best compliment I have ever had! Thank you!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
weddingdip.jpg

That's all folks.

I absolutely love this, missy. Thank you for sharing your entire story. If you ever find a photo of yourself in the polka dot dress, please add it to this thread. I bet you looked happy (and beautiful) that day!

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are photos from my marriage in 2002, which lasted 10 years.

FBFB663A-264E-420F-80F5-725BA12759CE.jpeg

But I get married again in 21 days and will share those photos afterwards!

The photos are ravishing, ILikeShiny. Simply out of this world. And you are taking the plunge again! I wish you the best of luck and happiness!

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, maybe the best compliment I have ever had! Thank you!!!

You're welcome. It was heartfelt. Seeing you conjured up images of Jack and Jackie and young Caroline Kennedy in the sand at Hyannis Port for me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You and your hubby are adorable, yennyfire. You are a beautiful, tiny elf! I never used to be a small person. When I got married I was almost 5'5". But I shrank and am now only 5'2 " and weigh 111 lbs. People keep calling me tiny. It looks to me as if you must have been tiny all your life! You look adorable beside your big husband! (And I know from your postings what a smart and wise woman you are, of course.) Mazel Tov on your marriage!

Big hugs,

Aww, thanks sweet Deb. I’m honestly not that small (a smidge under 5’4 and around 120-123 lbs.). It’s that my husband is 6’5 and has a solid (as opposed to skinny) frame, which makes me appear small....you know the phenomena: “objects in mirrors are closer than they appear to be”. :lol:

You are tiny (and I mean that in the kindest way). I haven’t weighed 111 since middle school!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The photos are ravishing, ILikeShiny. Simply out of this world. And you are taking the plunge again! I wish you the best of luck and happiness!

Hugs,

Wow! You are stunning and sure to be even more beautiful in 21 days!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread. I married a toad my first go at it but this time I married a prince. Second marriage no veil, a silvery grey dress and some bling in my hair. 6/18/11.

IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1201.JPG

Q

Queenie60

Queenie-

Did you and your husband kneel and get crowned with wreaths because you were "a king and queen on your wedding day" in your rite?

Yes we did Deb. It was a very long ceremony. My biggest concern was the crown ruining my vail! I took in every detail as well as I could and remember much of it to this day. And one great thing, our entire ceremony and reception was professionally video taped. My daughter enjoys watching on occasion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results