shape
carat
color
clarity

Communication \o/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I had a really bad day yesterday with my bf''s newly married and pregnant sister ( Jealousy RARR
14.gif
).

Over Easter I told my bf that he was the best thing that ever happened to me... he replied "not yet, give it a year or two and then I will be". All I could think was 2 years is bloody long to wait to be engaged (especially after knowing each other for 10 years!).

So after this terrible day yesterday I worked up the nerve to ask him if he meant engaged or married in 1 to 2 years, and then joked that 1 year isn''t long enough to plan a wedding unless we are doing the jeans and t-shirt thing.

So then he thinks for a while and says apply the 1 year to the one and 2 years to the other. So I have 1 year till the engagement.
5.gif

I know this is retarded to most people, but I seriously feel more relaxed having his time frame. I don''t want to be pathetic and naggy so I kept it light, but I feel so much better.

I now feel like this huge weight has been lifted off of me and I don''t have to think about it constantly anymore. phew I can just chill for the next year.

All those other LIW I seriously suggest asking for a vague time frame. I avoided talking about it because I didnt want to push him or seem pathetic, but by the same token he talks about rings and getting married all the time and thats just torment
9.gif

Thank heavens for the LIW, I couldnt possibly tell any of my friends this sort of thing.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 4
6.gif
2:51 AM
Author:Shay

... but by the same token he talks about rings and getting married all the time and thats just torment
9.gif

Glad to hear you are feeling better and more relieved having a time frame in mind, I can understand that feeling.
1.gif

Just wanted to say I know what you mean about the talk. I find it difficult to talk all the time about getting married, getting engaged, diamonds, rings etc but not being engaged.
40.gif
I know how you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results