shape
carat
color
clarity

comments wanted.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
i am going to propose to my girl next year (march 31 into April 1), and i was going to do it at a nice bed and breakfast in the poconos where we have spent some great night''s (b-days, valentines day, etc.). Now i have 2 ways so far on how to do it.....which option would you choose??

Option 1: Check in, bring our belongings up to our room, then go out for a real nice dinner and some drinks. while we are gone, i will have my sister (who lives near the b@b) go to our room, lay rose pedals down, lay out mushy cards on the bed that lead up to the box on the bed. She will open the box and it will have a note that says April Fools!! She will get upset and go into the bathroom where my Sis will have filled the hot tub and put rose pedals in it, with the box opened and the ring showing.

Option 2: We already have Rvsp''s for this weekend, so I think she has an idea it may be that friday night (option 1). I have been telling her that i won''t be ready until the summer, but i have surprised her many times so it will be hard to do here. I figure after dinner and drinks after the first night, if we went back to the room and nothing changed, we just you know and then pass out. Then that saturday morning at the breakfast, i can have the owner bring out a covered dessert tray and put it in front of her. she will open it to find the ring showing in the opened box. then i will get down on my knee.

Let me know what you like, and feel free to add to the ideas!!

jkbutler44

Rough_Rock
I have to say i like the first idea, though you may get beat up pretty good first. It will be memorable, though, which is what you want to go for. if she has a sense of humor, it will be alright. Good luck!

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if I would have the empty box. She will be upset and feel cheated, and even though the real box with the ring appears a minute or two afterwards, the previous deception might take away from the whole moment. Those are just my thoughts...if your girl likes tricks and surprises it might work.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
I agree- the 1st without an empty box... just a note sending her to the tub!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I agree Caligirl, saying "April Fools" maybe a little too cruel for a moment that is soooo important. My a little bit of a string a long is okay.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 4:29:23 PM
Author: caligal
I agree- the 1st without an empty box... just a note sending her to the tub!
I like this idea, put a rose petal and a tiny note in the box saying to check the bathroom! How cute!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 4:10:12 AM
Author:pahoyafan
i am going to propose to my girl next year (march 31 into April 1), and i was going to do it at a nice bed and breakfast in the poconos where we have spent some great night''s (b-days, valentines day, etc.). Now i have 2 ways so far on how to do it.....which option would you choose??

Option 1: Check in, bring our belongings up to our room, then go out for a real nice dinner and some drinks. while we are gone, i will have my sister (who lives near the b@b) go to our room, lay rose pedals down, lay out mushy cards on the bed that lead up to the box on the bed. She will open the box and it will have a note that says April Fools!! She will get upset and go into the bathroom where my Sis will have filled the hot tub and put rose pedals in it, with the box opened and the ring showing.

Option 2: We already have Rvsp''s for this weekend, so I think she has an idea it may be that friday night (option 1). I have been telling her that i won''t be ready until the summer, but i have surprised her many times so it will be hard to do here. I figure after dinner and drinks after the first night, if we went back to the room and nothing changed, we just you know and then pass out. Then that saturday morning at the breakfast, i can have the owner bring out a covered dessert tray and put it in front of her. she will open it to find the ring showing in the opened box. then i will get down on my knee.

Let me know what you like, and feel free to add to the ideas!!

You do NOT want your girlfriend to get upset about this, especially not at that moment. You don''t want her to remember how upset she was when you proposed, right? You want her to be giddy and excited... I like option 1 without the empty box.

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the others: Option 1 without any cruel surprises! Even though it might be funny in hindsight, I think you want the proposal to be sweet and romantic and skip the laugh track. But Option 1 sounds very nice without the April Fools.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I''m soooo glad y''all agree. Its funny. My boyfriend and I back in the day (2001), became official the night of April 1st/April 2nd. I made sure that our "Anniversary" was on the 2nd so that none of that "Fools Day" stuff would happen...I think going through just the "sweet" road is the way to go... the stringing along will be enough for her to handle.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
My vote: Option one without the empty box.
Man, if that were me, I''d be sobbing and so heart broken if I opened up what I thought was going to be an engagement ring and all I found was a note saying April Fools. You gotta remember that most women have thought about this moment at least once in their life. And usually, when you dream about it, its a happy scenario.

Probably better to make her cry happy tears instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results