shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming off BC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t like TMI, don''t read on. It''s not too bad, but I had some questions.

Just curious what you guys experienced when coming off hormonal BC. I''m technically 21 days into my cycle, and this is the first one since I quit taking the pill. I was very regular before getting on the pill, which was ~7 years ago maybe. So I''m wondering if that''ll come right back.

I am getting a lot more discharge than normal, in the last 2-3 days. It looks like raw egg whites, which is what clued me in - from what I''ve read, it sounds like ovulation? Can that happen the very first month off? I''m not charting temps or anything yet at full force, but I''m starting to educate myself on all that. Getting the TCOYF book and looking at the online tools. We''re hopefully getting married in the spring next year, so by then I should be knowledgeable enough about what my body does (we don''t
31.gif
now).

I also just feel really weird today. Sort of anxious, but it''s hard to explain. I just feel like my brain''s not all there, like I''m missing a lot of things. I figured that might just be hormones, or part of my body still adjusting to my own hormones? I realize it can take months to fully adjust off the BC. I''m just curious if these are normal signs of that.

On the positive side, FI has mentioned that he''s noticed good differences in me - especially that I have more energy. I do feel more positive usually, except for today.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Um, yes, if you can get pregnant just by missing a few pills when you are mostly on the pill, you can certainly ovulate and get pregnant in the month after you stop the pills altogether
2.gif
Some people take a few months to go back to normal after hormonal birth control but others start up normally right away.

April20

Ideal_Rock
You can absolutely ovulate immediately after coming off of BC. What you''re describing sounds like the fertile cervical mucous that comes along with ovulation.

Don''t be surprised if it takes a few cycles to get back to your normal. I''ve been off since October and I''m still not back to what I was before BC.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you are ovulating. The funny thing I found that I wasn''t even aware of my CM until stopping BC, and then your body starts working properly and your CM goes through definate changes.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
So do you guys have weird moods at random times too when coming off of BC? I just felt so weird all day today - my mind was racing, I was sort of anxious, and just needed some alone time - had a pretty short fuse.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, the egg white is the sign of ovulation!

For me, I went back to a regular cycle after going off of the pill and became pregnant fairly soon after then. Even if you''re planning to wait, since you''re off the pill, it wouldn''t hurt to begin taking prenatals.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 8:19:14 PM
Author:luvthemstrawberries
If you don''t like TMI, don''t read on. It''s not too bad, but I had some questions.

Just curious what you guys experienced when coming off hormonal BC. I''m technically 21 days into my cycle, and this is the first one since I quit taking the pill. I was very regular before getting on the pill, which was ~7 years ago maybe. So I''m wondering if that''ll come right back.

I am getting a lot more discharge than normal, in the last 2-3 days. It looks like raw egg whites, which is what clued me in - from what I''ve read, it sounds like ovulation? Can that happen the very first month off? I''m not charting temps or anything yet at full force, but I''m starting to educate myself on all that. Getting the TCOYF book and looking at the online tools. We''re hopefully getting married in the spring next year, so by then I should be knowledgeable enough about what my body does (we don''t
31.gif
now).

I also just feel really weird today. Sort of anxious, but it''s hard to explain. I just feel like my brain''s not all there, like I''m missing a lot of things. I figured that might just be hormones, or part of my body still adjusting to my own hormones? I realize it can take months to fully adjust off the BC. I''m just curious if these are normal signs of that.

On the positive side, FI has mentioned that he''s noticed good differences in me - especially that I have more energy. I do feel more positive usually, except for today.
A friend of mine who got married last Saturday decided to come of BCP a couple of months before the wedding and didn''t think she could get preggo for the first few cycles - well, she was 9 weeks pg on her wedding day. Knocked up within 2 weeks of coming off the pill - and she''s 35...

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:39:23 PM
Author: honey22
It sounds like you are ovulating. The funny thing I found that I wasn''t even aware of my CM until stopping BC, and then your body starts working properly and your CM goes through definate changes.
Amen to this - so true - this is exactly what happened to me. I think that''s why it''s so odd, haha. I didn''t have this CM (at least not noticeable at all) while on BC. Now immediately after stopping, it''s DEFINITELY there, haha.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so far, ladies.

I wasn't trying to sound naive about BC. I realize you can get pregnant even with just missing a few pills. I guess I was just wondering if your entire cycle can just pop right back into its original/natural pattern right after BC - with the full-out CM along with the ovulation and all. I guess I just figured the body might take a little while to get back into the swing of all the symptoms that accompany ovulation.

Even more importantly, I was wondering about the moods and such. I guess mood swings are still normal while coming down from the BC? It's not that I'm getting really wacky with the way I act towards people. I just felt really off from my normal self. Even today, I still feel weird. Not so anxious, but just weirdly not myself, not all there.

Just wondering what other people experienced.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
My appetite''s pretty much null right now too, which is really weird for me.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was on BC for 7 years also, but I didn''t really notice any differences when I got off, and my cycles went right back. It did take 8 months to get preggo though...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went off the pill and had sex twice in 2 weeks and I got pregnant right away, our son is now 23
2.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info ladies.

I''m feeling much better this week. Moods, energy level, etc are much better. Appetite is still not up to par, but I''m not as active as I should be. Anyway, here''s to hoping those weird feelings stay away!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results