shape
carat
color
clarity

Combination Engagement/Wedding Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

No One

Rough_Rock
I''m getting ready to propose to my girlfriend, and in the past, she indicated that she was fond of combination engagement/wedding rings. Where can I find pictures of these? What are the pros/cons of these types of rings?

I am totally lost when it comes to diamonds/rings, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I think I know what you are talking about.

My old set was an e-ring with a very thin band (we're talking 1mm) that slipped into the side and hooked on. From the overview it looked like one ring. We were told by the jeweler that we could have the thin bad sodered to the e-ring were it hooked in if we wanted.

If this isn't what your talking about do a search. The set I mentioned came from Helzberg Diamonds if you want to check some out go there to look. If I could figure out how to work the pictures I would upload one for you. Maybe they have a picture on their site.

Good luck.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
A combo e/wedding ring is a great idea. Look for a wider band with a main diamond and accent diamonds on the sides. This is just an example by JBStar. They don't have to be this ornate, or they can be even fancier.

RCO-4419-47912.jpg

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Your girlfriend may mean she only wants to wear one ring, not two. If that's the case, she might want a band-type ring that has lots of diamonds, or she might want a very bold and interesting shaped engagement-type ring that would be difficult to sit a band next to. (There are many gorgeous antique rings that fall into that second group.) I've known women who have opted for both of these choices. (Separately, of course.)

Or she might have something completely different in mind.
3.gif

Good Luck!

-Melissa

No One

Rough_Rock
I believe what Lanee is describing is exactly what she wants. She actually wants something very simple and not expensive. Being the practical person (along with myself as well), a small single stone on the e-ring will be enough for her.

On the JBStar ring, I can't see the separation between the two bands. I guess it must be my inexperienced eyes.
3.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
No, it's not...it's just one ring made to look like a combination of rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results