shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour worries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
I visited the silk shop today and bought my fabric, which is now at the dress-makers. I didn''t want bright white, as I feel it is too harsh, in the shop I was a bit overwhelmed, but I went with creamy georgette, over a creamy satin. Cream does look good doesn''t it??? I kind of stressed when I saw pics of other dresses in ivory and mine has a slight gold tone in the satin. Now I am a little scared it will look dowdy.

Here is the dress I chose, but with a sexier neckline and showing more leg.

tttttresdg.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think cream is great, it is softer and flatters more skin tones. I think the gold could be pretty, you can use a gold sandal and gold jewelry to compliment the undertone in the fabric. I am sure it will be lovely!

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
It isn''t really ''gold'' it is just that the satin gives the cream a metallic look. I am just re-assuring myself here. But wow the whole dress with pure silk materials is only going to be around $150 USD! Bargain!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So are you saying the entire dress has a sheen or shimmer to it? I am sure you will be happy with it, and if not, I guess, you have not spent too much time and money...I think the dressmakers work very quickly there!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So something like this?
NMT0KKQ_mp.jpg

Doesn''t look dowdy to me! I wore ivory because it looks better with my skin tone, but in pictures is looks whiter thanks to the flash and in my bedroom with dim lighting and cream walls it looks downright beige, so I wouldn''t freak out until you see it in person. If you''re nervous, go back and ask your dressmaker for a swatch (or swatches) and look at it in different lights. If you don''t like it you could do a whiter gorgette over the cream or a cream gorgette over a whiter satin to brighten it up a bit.
I really like your dress design!

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
yep, it is sort of like that (tiny bit yellower) anyway, I realise I do love it- I have swatches
1.gif
it reminds me of a gorgeous lingerie I used to have, which makes me remember I do love the creamy colour, moreso than white (which is why I didnt want white in the first place!) plus it is re-wearable! I think with gold shoes it will be beautiful- my wedding and E ring are yellow gold too! (again the warmer colours draw me in and a more suited to my skin tone).

Now I am worrying that I got 100% silk everything- so it might be clingy?? anyone know whether it will be? No biggy I will buy a petticoat to wear under if it is- even though I will be hot! I sort of figured the georgette which is heavier than a chiffon will hold it all in place a bit (lets hope).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results