shape
carat
color
clarity

colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JR320

Shiny_Rock
We will be getting married in October, and I wanted to get some opinions about some colors.
I''m thinking the bridesmaid dresses will be chocolate brown, then bouquets with some oranges. What do you think of gold as an accent color? I''m thinking maybe the groomsmen could wear gold ties.

I''m concerned about the gold, because my dress has a small amount of silver beading on it, and I''m not sure if its ok to mix the two. I would LOVE to wear gold shoes, but I''m concerned that it won''t go with the silver beading on my dress. And then what kind of jewelry would I wear???

I will add some pictures of what I''m thinking. Thanks!

JR320

Shiny_Rock
This shows the beading on my dress. It is ivory with silver

dressdetailjr3.jpg

JR320

Shiny_Rock
This is what I''m thinking for the bridesmaids. But there probably won''t be the champagne sash

bouquetJR3.jpg

JR320

Shiny_Rock
And this is what I''m thinking for the groomsmen. And maybe an ivory vest/tie for FI. Let me know what you think!

goldtiejr3.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of adding gold in there! I think it''s a gorgeous color for fall.

As for your ensemble, I would wear white metal for jewelery to match the dress and then just have the gold shoes stand on their own. I think you can do great things with gold if it''s kinda a matte or shimmery gold instead of a shiny metallic gold, if that makes sense...

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Okay to be honest, when you said having a gold accents and gold groomsmen ties, I was thinking bold, bright, shiny, metallic GOLD!.

HOWEVER, the tie that you attached in the picture really is beautiful and subtle. I think even with your silver beading, gold accents will look great, as long as you stick to subtle gold shades. I think for the groom a tradition black or white/ivory tie would be nice.

I LOVE chocolates with burnt oranges, such a pretty color scheme! Not to mention it photographs beautifully!I have also seen slight touches of "plum" colors mixed with this scheme and it looked amazing!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh one more thing, what do you think about skipping the vests? When people use them for color pops they tend to look very "matchy-matchy".

I find them quite reminiscent of weddings from the 1990s, and think that skipping the vests looks much more modern and really doesn't dress the outfit down at all.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:25:34 AM
Author: Izzy03
Okay to be honest, when you said having a gold accents and gold groomsmen ties, I was thinking bold, bright, shiny, metallic GOLD!.

HOWEVER, the tie that you attached in the picture really is beautiful and subtle. I think even with your silver beading, gold accents will look great, as long as you stick to subtle gold shades. I think for the groom a tradition black or white/ivory tie would be nice.

I LOVE chocolates with burnt oranges, such a pretty color scheme! Not to mention it photographs beautifully!I have also seen slight touches of ''plum'' colors mixed with this scheme and it looked amazing!
Ditto! I think the gold is a great color, and I don''t think the silver beading will clash at all.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your beading... just looks like beading... it will not detract from a bright BOLD GOLD... which will look ABFAB with choc brown and orange!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I''m with the camp that thinks gold accessories might clash with the silver beading on your dress. I''d stick with white gold accessories for yourself but that doesn''t mean you can''t use gold elsewhere. The men could wear gold ties, your bridesmaids could wear gold shoes, and there are a million ways to incorporate gold into your reception decor. Gold looks great with orange and chocolate brown so I definitely think you should use it as a wedding color! Just not necessarily on yourself.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
I would go with a whiter gold. A bold gold with those colors makes me thnk of 70s disco fever.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:50:00 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 3/3/2009 1:25:34 AM
Author: Izzy03

I LOVE chocolates with burnt oranges, such a pretty color scheme! Not to mention it photographs beautifully!I have also seen slight touches of ''plum'' colors mixed with this scheme and it looked amazing!
Ditto! I think the gold is a great color, and I don''t think the silver beading will clash at all.
I agree with Izzy and Freke. Subtle gold touches would be fabulous with your Fall wedding. Great color combo!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You colours sound divine and I think they will go fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results