shape
carat
color
clarity

Colors - Am I crazy?

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...you have to decide whether I think I am crazy because these dresses are all around (not exact) same color or if I am crazy because I don''t think they are.

Or really do you think these dresses are around the same color range?

Dress 1 (in sweet thistle)

Dress 2

Dress 3 (in muted grape)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I had to do a side by side to actually see!
9.gif
In my opinion the VS dress is quite a bit darker, but the other two seem quite close.

dresspspurples.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with missjaxon, Victoria's Secret dress is darker than the other two.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 8:02:15 PM
Author: Dannielle
I agree with missjaxon, Victoria''s Secret dress is darker than the other two.

ditto - but very much the same colour/shade range

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
They aren''t the same color, no. They are very close however and I think they''d look good worn together, if that''s what you were wondering.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
VS dress is darker. Just an FYI...I actually ordered this dress (in another color) and ended up sending it back. I would say the dress is just "okay." It probably wouldn''t compare in quality to the other two.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 9:48:57 PM
Author: lilylover
They aren''t the same color, no. They are very close however and I think they''d look good worn together, if that''s what you were wondering.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. Apparently I am not communicating it well or I am colorblind. My sister/MOH thinks they are totally different colors or when she does find a dress it is like a light pastel lilac or maroon and to me those are clearly not the same color. She went to a bridal store today and needed me to pick a color of some random bridesmaid dress maker right that second while I was at work and couldn''t see the colors and I was like dude go with what I have already sent you (only these online pics, no swatch). She is mad at me I guess cause I have not been clear or she doesn''t get that the colors I sent are in a close range. I gave her about 12 dresses to choose from at j.crew in the colors above. Anyways, this was just frustrating for me today cause the colors although clearly not exactly the same are the same color range to me, but I guess not to her. So now she ordered a dress called "pastel purple" and who knows if it is the color or not based on our previous discussions on color and the fact she doesn''t understand my color. I told her to give me some time (a few hours so I can talk to her after work), but she just ordered it...kind of annoying although I know nothing too big to complain about.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t rely on internet pictures to accuratley depict the color. I do think that in person they might be pretty close but its a big risk.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i agree with everyone else. The middle dress (that is Jcrew, right?) I think will look different more so becuase of the difference in fabrics. IMO sometimes that (fabric choice) can make dresses match "less" than the actual color choices.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:21:22 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I wouldn''t rely on internet pictures to accuratley depict the color. I do think that in person they might be pretty close but its a big risk.

I have to ditto this! I also have to agree with the fact that certain fabrics affect colour as well. Best of luck on your dress hunting and I hope you and your sister find a dress that you both like (or like the dress she already bought
40.gif
)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results