shape
carat
color
clarity

color woes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

September8

Rough_Rock
I have no idea what colors i want!! I mean, i have *ideas* but nothing i''ve picked for sure!!

I have this cake photo thats like a pale pale blue with brown and an orange fondant flower on top, it''s really lovely and the colors go very well together... so i wass thinking hmm maybe i will just use those colors! But, I do not want brown or orange dresses and i am not so sure about the lightlight blue.

Then i was thinking pink.. and.. something.

And i like light green. And i like some crazier colors like red/aqua but fiance totally vetoed that and its probably good because it probably looks better in my mind then it actually would.

I''m stumped! I don''t want black or white bridesmaids either.

I guess i''d like to hear others color combos! What do you guys think of a summery not pastel but not smiley face yellow either.. like a light sunkissed lemon color or something.. but with what?? i''m open to suggestions!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
when is your wedding? will it be indoors or outdoors? I checked theknot.com and there''s a section under planning/receptions that lets you search real weddings by color. You might have to register to use their site, but it''s worth it for inspiration.

lemony yellow could work very nicely with a pale green. Here''s a link to a wedding in North Carolina that was inspired by lemon/lime colors: yellow and green

here''s a photo of the dresses and flowers:

yellowgreen.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love the lemon-y yellow and pale green! Gorgeous combo.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I was having color troubles too. A few people told me that the colors would just sort of ''happen'' i didn''t believe them, but it did eventually happen to me. You might stumble across something that you really love (like a bridesmaid dress, flowers in a bouquet or an invitation) only available in a specific colour, and things start to flow and take shape from there.

I would say rule out what you know you do NOT want (e.g. black BM dresses, bright yellows etc.) then start to look for other things important to your planning, see what your eye is drawn to. When you flip through wedding mags, or invitation websites, pay attention to what grabs your attention and ask yourself why (is it monocromatic, tone on tone, or a contrast between a soft color and a bold one)

I decided on a pallet of muted earth tones for my outdoor wedding (a bowny-pink, ivory, espresso brown and some tiny accents of a moss green--sounds weird maybe, but the look came together nicely b/c I knew I wanted to ''blend'' with the outdoors but still incorporate a bit of color)

Hope this helps a little...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
One thing that helped me was going to the ribbon section of the craft store and picking the colors I responded best to... then you can play around and see what works. Also look at your venue to make sure it won''t clash. And be kind to the skin tones of your bridesmaids as well.

I picked sapphire blue (dark blue), wedgewood blue (light) and champagne. The BMs will be in the dark blue, the flower girls will be in the light blue, and will use champagne as an accent color.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooh sumbride those colors sound fantastic! The three color idea is great! I''m probably going to work with a burgundy/wine red, cream and gold. Blue is another of my favorite colors and those three that you chose are going to be amazing!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How about chocolate brown with a light (baby) blue, or light pink? LOVE those color combos. I am not a huge fan of yellow or orange, but that is jmho...A light green with a light pink is very pretty too...I would suggest just checking out wedding websites like the knot, where you can look at real-life brides's bio's and check out their color schemes. Hopefully you can find something you like there!

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results