shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooksie

Rough_Rock
I''m having the hardest time determing what my color palette should be. I''m hoping you can all chime in and offer me some opinions.

A few details:
Outdoor Texas hill country wedding
Nov 1
Casual/Romantic/Rustic feeling

I would love to incorporate blue somehow, not a fan of chocolate brown. I think I''m a summer bride at heart, but anyone whose been to Texas in the summer knows its nearly impossible to have an outdoor wedding. I would love to have bright colors, but everyone seems to think I should go with fall colors.

I''ve attached a link to my dress, I have yet to figure out what colors will look best with it.

http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&showid=714

Thanks Ladies!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Can you give us more details? Do you have a venue picked out (and if so, pics would help)? How are you accessorizing your dress? Do you have any pics of flowers or invitations or anything else you really like?

Just trying to get a sense of your style and more ideas on your wedding decisions that are already made.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Same off white as your dress, pale - pale blue, and copper/rust

copperblue.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
You could do jewel tones like a deep purple, gold, and a turqouisy blue

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Brooksie, I do like the idea of using colours like orange, yellow, red and/or green for an outdoor fall wedding. But if that's not your thing then what about this colour combination? I think the flowers on the left side are blue-green.

richelle_roses.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Or, this one?

cleopatra.jpg

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback. I like blue, but I don''t know if I like blue flowers per say. I do like the robin eggs blue (bridesmaid dress) and rust combo. That was my original direction, but thought about darkening the blue some so it doesn''t appear so spring-y.

I met with a florist today and we both liked the romantic/softness of this bouquet and flower combo.

pinkorange9443 (2).jpg

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Here are some pics of the ceremony/reception location. It''s great! We get it for the entire weekend (fri-sun) and it sleeps 20 people.

memlane2.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be pretty to inlcude like a burgandy (reddish purple) and other shades of deep purple and maybe include some texas bluebonnets or something as an accent to the deep purple colors. I think if you google vineyard weddings, you will have luck too. I''ve seen a lot of gorgeous bouquests and ceterpieces that include sticks and twings w/ berries and flowers. Very pretty, rustic and outdoorsy.

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Another

memlane3.jpg

brooksie

Rough_Rock
ekk, those didn''t turn out so well. let me try again

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Here is an example of the centerpieces.

centerpiece23.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is a pretty bouquet, and it's bright, but could also be considered "fall-ish". Maybe bright oranges and reds with hints of green and blue?

gebera_bouquet_325.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Ebree''s suggestion and the bouquet she posted is beautiful. I love your venue! I''d love to swim in the pool right about now (we''ve got a heat wave here).

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
brooksie- I also like the bouquet you posted minus the stuff hanging out of it. That was super popular in centerpieces last year and I personally hated it. I''m happy to see far less of it this year. I think it take away from the elegance of that bouquet. With the added pink, I think it looks very appropriate for an autumn wedding, yet unexpected in that it''s not a typical autumn style. I think the melon colors, the soft orange, the pale to vibrant pinks and pale greens look gorgeous together. I think adding blue to that might be too much, unless maybe if you use a rich navy as a slight accent color.

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Yea, I could use that pool right now as well. Thanks everyone for your ideas. I do love the dark jewel tones..that was one of my first ideas, but the bright colors kept pulling me back in. It seems everywhere I turn its all about the summer weddings right now. I defintily don''t want it to look like the easter bunny just threw up everywhere!

My sis/MOH''s only requirement is that she isn''t wearing yellow or pale pink.

I''m loving this on the knot website..that is the blue/teal I''m going for.

PL_fl_inset_jewelbouq.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 7:27:29 PM
Author: brooksie

I'm loving this on the knot website..that is the blue/teal I'm going for.

Love that combination. You could have the deep red callas and the bridesmaids wear dresses in the teal color.

ETA: Oops! Let's try that again.

Attachments

• wattersindigo.jpg
    43 bytes · Views: 366

E B

Ideal_Rock
The color is called "indigo" according to Watters.

wattindigo.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Just want to say that I absolutely
30.gif
the dress you chose. It''s a beauty. I also agree with the deep callas and indigo. Very chic.

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I would have never choose that dress off the rack, but my bridal consultant picked it out for me. Every flower has a scattering of crystals inside. I knew I was in love, although it was 3 sizes too small. You really know its right when it won't go over your butt all the way, but you still love it!

Looks like I'll be changing my course of colors.

thanks again!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Love the dress, love the place in Dripping Springs. (fellow Texan here)

Heck, I liked everything posted. The indigo dress was nice...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I love the reception site as well and I''m a fellow "Hill Country" Texan!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
interesting perspective--i think it was my florist who told me that colors from the sunset are universal and seasonless because they''re cohtrasting yet complementary at the same time. case in point:

tgnsdfgn.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results