shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of Bridesmaid dress Question

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies!!

I have decided on my flowers! I am using the white calla lily with the deep purple color in the middle of the flower. My bouquet will be this flower with white and different purple shade roses. I am envisioning just the calla lily flower for my bridesmaids bouquet. The dilemma I have is what color should I do my bridesmaids dresses? Should they be purple as well? I will add a link to the reception hall as it is already decorated and I don't have to worry about linen colors or anything associated with that. http://www.thebalconyreceptions.com/ Any suggestions I am open to any ideas or colors. I was think slate/charcoal gray but I am not totally sold on that color. Looking for a little more fun. It will be a church wedding in Oct!

Thanks ladies!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely don't think you should be overly worried about your bridesmaids dressed matching the flowers. You want to have some contrast so everything doesn't all blend together. I like the idea of slate :)

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with Fancy- slate with purple undertones would be so chic!

I'm bias cause I did this, but I'm also a huge fan of mixing shades of one color for the BM. The deep purple of the callas will be so bold it might be nice to place it against a coordinated, but slightly softer, background of mixed heathers/slates/lavenders.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I also don't think that you have to match the dresses and the flowers. Get the flowers you love and a dress you love. If you want them to match, I do like the idea of purple dresses. And the purple/slate suggestion sounds gorgeous!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladies!! I am thinking I am going to buy a fake flowers and have my bridesmaids try the slate color dress, purple color dress, and I'm throwing a teal color dress in the mix. This way I can go from there and see what I like the best!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a good plan! Teal and purple do go very well together as well! Can't wait to hear what you choose :))

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1366809141|3433590 said:
That sounds like a good plan! Teal and purple do go very well together as well! Can't wait to hear what you choose :))

Agreed! I did purples and blues for our bridesmaids dresses and we did white and pinks for the bouquets. The goal for our wedding was colorful and happy. Good luck in deciding and you know we would love to see some pics!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladies!! I will definitely post pics. It will be awhile as we aren't going shopping until the end of the summer. I am just starting to think of ideas early so I will know what options I want to look at when we go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results