shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Comparison: My O-P Next to My F-G RB Eternity Band

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice.. I need this comparisons..
Because I order such vast color difference for my WB too..

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Great pics, I could never get tired of looking at your ring!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1318214868|3036862 said:
Thanks, Amy! I love our new digital camera. It's still impossible to get a shot that captures the stone's appearance as it is IRL, but at least these photos are better than my old camera.

After reading a couple posts saying that you see a difference I'm thinking that I was not clear--YES! I see a difference, too. I'm not saying that I don't see a difference in color between my cushion and the melee in my eternity band. I was shocked that the difference wasn't much greater, that's all. I think I must not have been clear on that originally. I did not post these photos thinking that the stones look like they are all the same color. CLEARLY, they are not! ::) Besides, I like my cushion warm, so I'd be terribly upset if they were the same color.

I also think it's interesting that some of you seem to think that being color sensitive translates to photos. Is that a common belief? I tend to have a much easier time seeing tint/color in photos than IRL, so I tend to believe that color sensitivity occurs IRL, but doesn't really apply to photographs. What do you think?

I couldn't agree with you more! I see people posting that all time, and I wonder if there is something wrong with MY eyes! I'm a colorist so I have to be a bit color sensitive, but it's extremely difficult for me to tell the color difference between a G and an I in pictures and I have to wonder, if the color wasn't stated if people who claim they can, actually can. Obviously side by side, unset and upside down on a white background, many could see the difference, but in pics and videos it makes it a much bigger challenge.

I love love love the buttery softness of your stone. I'm considering trading up to a larger antique cushion, with a lower color grade JK maybe? :?: And your stone was my inspiration. I love that you posted so many pics, because I had wondered what I would do for a wedder once I had the stone, and what near colorless melee would look like in the setting against the lower colored cushion. Great thread! Thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMMMMMM! :love: :love: :love:

Beautiful pics and beautiful bling, Haven. :cheeky:

I love it when people post a zillion pics, especially when they are this well-taken!

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
I'm lurking at work.......gah!

I had to post a quick reply, I am amazed at minimal the difference *to me* is between your solitaire and the eternity. I mean, yes, the disance from f-g to o-p is a ways, but to my eyes it isn't nearly as noticible as I would have thought!!

What are your thoughts on mixing the different cuts with eachother??

Lovely lovely lovely!!!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I just love your ring! The photos are great! :appl:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Great thread! I will never tire of seeing pics of your cushion!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Damn Haven, that is one nice ring!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Again, Haven, your ring is dreamy. It really is interesting that in some lighting, there's a very minimal difference in color. I really, reeeeeally want a lower colored AVC as an upgrade (someday far into the future, I am sure, like our 10 year anniversary... in 7 years :wacko:) and definitely want to be able to wear my F/G melee bezel band next to it, so this is reassuring that non-PS people probably wouldn't notice a difference. :naughty:

I am not very color sensitive, either, though it is easier for me to see color in photos than IRL with all of the play of light that happens. My new earrings were appraised as G-I color but sold to me as K-L color, SI2 and though I can see a marginal difference when my I VS2 color e-ring and the studs are all next to each other, when I'm wearing them it's virtually impossible to see a color difference, and I'm so blind I can't even spot the inclusions with a loupe. If I'd known this when shopping for my e-ring, I probably would have gotten a much larger, lower clarity, lower color stone and been perfectly delighted.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all of your kind words!

Kenny--I am grinning rather foolishly after reading your comment about my photos being well-taken. Thank you. ::)

Rubybeth--I think you really could get away with wearing a lower colored stone with your F/G band. Of course, if YOU like the look that's all that matters, but I am surprised that even paired together, my O-P doesn't really look all that different IRL. (Interesting story about this at the end of this post . . . )

Mynah--I actually like mixing cuts. I didn't think I'd like the pairing my eternity band with this ring, but the mix has actually grown on me. (I've worn them together for two days now.) I think I'm just happy for the change, as well. But, mixing cuts does bring out the antiquey-style of my cushion even more, and I love that.

So, interesting story:
I've worn my cushion with the little twist band on my left hand since April, and my eternity band on my right hand. In the last two days of wearing my e-band WITH my cushion I have gotten a ton of compliments on my rings. It's very strange! I think the e-band draws the eye to my left hand more, but the thing that people have been commenting on has been my cushion. AND, just today a young woman said "Wow! That stone is so big and white!" So weird. I definitely see the color in my cushion more now that it's paired with my e-band, but apparently the difference isn't noticeable to people who aren't looking for it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really considering waiting until GOG has some L's in the smaller sizes for my ring..I'd decided against it b/c they didn't know how long it would be but man..I just really like the looks of yours. I'll wait a little bit and see if I cave and get a higher color to get it done now..

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your antique cushion is gorgeous! I love the warmth! Perfect set! :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting comparison! And it becomes even more interesting when you specify that your photos accurately represent the colours you see IRL.

I too am surprised by the lack of significant distinction in colour. I think, unlike you though Haven, that's precisely what would drive me crazy - the fact that they aren't quite similar enough to be "the same", yet not quite different enough to be "different species". To enjoy the look I think you really have to not only appreciate each piece for itself, you also have to embrace both the differences and lack of differences between them. Part of that difference is of course the wildly different optics - I have no doubt that O/P melee wouldn't 'match' your cushion in apparent colour, but then 'matching' isn't the point of wearing two such different rings like that together!

I can completely see why the two together attract more attention than your solitaire alone. I think Dreamer said it perfectly in her AVC/RB comparison thread - the big chunky facets and slow rolling flashes are more for your personal enjoyment, the crisp power-sparks from the eternity can't help but catch the eye from miles away...

Gosh, your ring is spectacular. We really can't get enough photos of it :love: :love: :love: :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1318373926|3038077 said:
I'm really considering waiting until GOG has some L's in the smaller sizes for my ring..I'd decided against it b/c they didn't know how long it would be but man..I just really like the looks of yours. I'll wait a little bit and see if I cave and get a higher color to get it done now..
Thanks, Packrat. I don't know, your thread over in RT has me drooooooooling in anticipation, so the evil part of me wants you to get that ring ASAP so I can see all the pictures. :devil: I do love this stone, though, and now that I've been wearing it for a while I can't imagine ever going back to a high color.

Thank you, ZestfullyBling!

Yssie--Well, I wore the rings like that for two days and then stopped. I found that wearing them together was, surprisingly, making me feel negatively about my eternity band. I know we are programmed to believe that higher colors and ideal cuts are the best, but seeing these two rings perform right next to each other in a variety of lighting situations made me start to hate on my e-band! Of course, I'm admittedly not a fan of RBs in general, so I'm going to prefer a cushion, but I've always loved teensy RBs in eternity bands, so I felt pretty sad when I realized what was going on.

Prior to this little experiment, I would have thought that wearing these two rings together would make me feel down about my cushion, but it was just the opposite. I am CLEARLY a low-colored gal, and the old cut just outdoes anything that comes near it, IMO of course. I went back to wearing my e-band on my right hand, and now I'm loving it all over again. (My eternity band is my wedding band, so I do plan on wearing it everyday and always. As much as I claim to be unsentimental, I am quite attached to this little band.)

I understand exactly what you're saying when you say the lack of significant color distinction is what would bother you. I totally see that.

I've learned that *to me*, my OMB is going to make anything else look dull and lifeless. There's just something about these facets and the color effects that makes this diamond special to my eyes.

Sigh. I SUPPOSE I'll have to start looking for an appropriate eternity band to pair with my OMB. Life really is tough sometimes. :cheeky:

Speaking of--DH HATES the way my wedding band looks with my OMB. He doesn't care enough to ask me to stop wearing them together, but he kept saying "That does not go well together." I said "Well, then isn't it time I get another eternity band, one that does go well?" He said "Of course!" Poor guy, he has no idea how much these things really cost.

ETA: Thank you to everyone for humoring me and my photo extravaganza. I realize that I go overboard every time. I can't help myself.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose cuts! They won't try to compete with your OMB. They won't even try to try to compete! But they're such pretty little things, and a rose cut eternity would make such an amazing companion piece :sun:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I *really* don't think I have the patience to wait months and months for the lower colors..I think it will take all my will power to wait for J's...no saying I can't have a low color RHR tho eh?? :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1318524733|3039416 said:
Rose cuts! They won't try to compete with your OMB. They won't even try to try to compete! But they're such pretty little things, and a rose cut eternity would make such an amazing companion piece :sun:
Oh, I'm on it. Didn't you send me that link to the amazing rose cut eternity band set in a bezeled rose gold setting? It is definitely on my list of options!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1318525693|3039432 said:
Ha, I *really* don't think I have the patience to wait months and months for the lower colors..I think it will take all my will power to wait for J's...no saying I can't have a low color RHR tho eh?? :appl:
YES! I like this option.
I cannot wait to see your ring. CANNOT WAIT.

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info, and I agree, both of your rings look great together!! I never thought of pairing and old cut stone with modern rounds but your rings change my mind completely!

The fact that the AVC's won't be available till years end has me thinking of trying a rb eternity.

Thanks for the eye candy, I can't get enough of that gorgeous solitaire of yours!!! :)

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I love all of your photos as well as reading of your delight with your warmer stone. Your ring is absolutely beautiful! I second Yssie's idea of rose cuts (or if you have a hard time finding a rose cut band, maybe wee little frenchies) in an e-band.

Please keep posting photos -- your lovely pictures inspired me to keep the setting on my OEC ring fairly minimal and it sounds like you've inspired quite a few PSers in their stone searches :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1318528634|3039468 said:
Oh, I'm on it. Didn't you send me that link to the amazing rose cut eternity band set in a bezeled rose gold setting? It is definitely on my list of options!

Ooh yes, I totally forgot about that! That one was way too bulky though - here's what you need: https://www.pricescope.com/blog/irene-neuwirth-launches-diamond-collection... I'm sure Burdeen's or JbEG can whip it up in no time :bigsmile:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pics, lady!!! Never get tired of seeing your ring....I love your e-band, but I TOTALLY understand how you don't prefer it with your OMB.....I can't wait to see what you end up choosing to pair with it!!! :appl: :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see this rose cut eternity in bezeled rose gold!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1318541556|3039663 said:
Haven|1318528634|3039468 said:

Ooh yes, I totally forgot about that! That one was way too bulky though - here's what you need: https://www.pricescope.com/blog/irene-neuwirth-launches-diamond-collection.... I'm sure Burdeen's or JbEG can whip it up in no time :bigsmile:

Phooey. Proper linky https://www.pricescope.com/blog/irene-neuwirth-launches-diamond-collection

Packy - you'll have to search my threads for it I think! I think I called Haven out in the title...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mynah--That new ring of yours is going to look amazing with ANYTHING next to it. Seriously, it is a STUNNER.

Tsavvy--I'm honored to be associated with your gorgeous ring in any way. I must say that the lovely PS community helped me decide to keep my setting simple for my upgrade, so I really can't take any credit for that inspiration!

Dani--Thank you! I hope I have a new band within the next six months . . . the wheels are a turnin' . . .

Packy--Warning: Don't click on that link I just shared unless you want to feel even MORE undecided about that future RHR . . . :devil:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock:

Ho-lee crap. I knew I shouldn't have asked!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Haven! I'm so in love with your ring! The setting, the stone, everything! :love: ;))

I quite like the 3 rings worn together. Unique and gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results