shape
carat
color
clarity

Colombian emerald - Thoughts please !!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(white diamond settings are too common).

"Common" or classic...?

I worry if you get too "original," it may detract from the amazing emerald.

"My, what an interesting and colorful ring!"

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular clean water and glow! Congratulations on your find!

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
Hello
I’m a little late to this party....
Other than the vendors listed in the Pricescope references, Vik84, and others could you recommend emerald dealers whom you’ve had good experiences?
I follow several on IG but pretty pictures may not be the best way to go on a large $$$ purchase...
Thank you,
Maya

vik84

Rough_Rock
Hello
I’m a little late to this party....
Other than the vendors listed in the Pricescope references, Vik84, and others could you recommend emerald dealers whom you’ve had good experiences?
I follow several on IG but pretty pictures may not be the best way to go on a large $$$ purchase...
Thank you,
Maya

For the most part, I've stuck to the PS recommended vendors as there's a lot out there to choose from (IG, eBay, Etsy etc.). I work primarily with two folks: Robert Genis (https://thegemstone.club/) and Gabriel Mattice (formerly from Pala International). They have an extensive knowledge of gemstones and are very well-connected in the $$$ gemstone community, dealing mainly with collectors and wholesalers. Apart from them, I try to build connections with dealers working directly with the mines (like this dealer), it takes quite some time as you can see from this thread.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very nice!!! I often prefer top Chivor because of their glow, clarity and I love a blue secondary. That said there is no one perfect stone in my opinion, I can easily imagine having both. At the moment I only own smaller Chivor, a few, looking to add something like yours later this year. I too was just thinking Chivor material has something magical to me that really makes my hard beat faster.

As to the design most of my emeralds are in three stones with diamond sides. However, the diamonds are fancy colors. My nicest albeit smallest Chivor oval is flanked by fancy light green to bluish greens, a larger oval with faint greens and a square emerald by vivid yellow diamonds. My largest and by far best emerald is an emerald cut Panjshir
Set EW in a diamond halo.

I think with colored stones you will take the attention away from this emerald. It is your taste and choice of course but if you want some color do consider FCDs. I think the look is gorgeous. I love my latest version with the light bluish green FCDs. I used very small sides.In your case perhaps it would be cost prohobitive due to size.

If you use CS, perhaps consider something more pastel, less saturated. I would not use yellow here as that‘s better with no blue secondary in your emerald. Pink or magenta could be lovely but Maybe too much for a stone this serious?

Mayacamus

Rough_Rock
For the most part, I've stuck to the PS recommended vendors as there's a lot out there to choose from (IG, eBay, Etsy etc.). I work primarily with two folks: Robert Genis (https://thegemstone.club/) and Gabriel Mattice (formerly from Pala International). They have an extensive knowledge of gemstones and are very well-connected in the $$$ gemstone community, dealing mainly with collectors and wholesalers. Apart from them, I try to build connections with dealers working directly with the mines (like this dealer), it takes quite some time as you can see from this thread.

Thank you so much!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a lovely, albeit small, Colombian emerald from Yvonne. I also have a deep green Panjshir emerald that I think was from Nomad's, which I had someone buy for me at the Tucson show. The photos of the stones did not capture their depth and glow, so I had to be sure I trusted the seller and their judgment.

vik84

Rough_Rock
Yay, AGL certified my stone as no-oil !! Chris Smith looked at the stone himself, wasn't sure if AGL would be able to get back soon with the COVID situation.

redacted.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Your new emerald is vivid and dreamy.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Great news! Thank you for sharing your happiness with us!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing stone. I actually love the idea of colored side stones. Please update when you have it set I'd love to see how it turns out.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really exciting project!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally found my no-oil Colombian emerald !! A beautiful 2.68 Chivor emerald from the same dealer, stone to be certified by AGL in New York for origin and no treatment. Can't wait to see it in person !

Is it from Muzo Emeralds?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
stunning stone!
so this is a chivor or muzo emerald?

or is it a chivor stone from muzo emerald vendor?

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
hi @vik84 , if it's not too sensitive, dyou mind sharing the price per carat and if George negotiates on price?

also, it's cool to hear that you've been working with him for a few years - I would think that it's pretty patient of him especially if this was your first purchase

thanks!

M

maru8888777

I love that stone! I love the crystal and blue-green of Chivor emeralds.

vik84

Rough_Rock
hi @vik84 , if it's not too sensitive, dyou mind sharing the price per carat and if George negotiates on price?

also, it's cool to hear that you've been working with him for a few years - I would think that it's pretty patient of him especially if this was your first purchase

thanks!

George does move a little bit on price as long as it's a reasonable offer. Yes, he's a very patient dealer and I think he gets quite a few repeat customers because of that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results