shape
carat
color
clarity

Coffee + Sugar ... OR?

How do you take your coffee??

• with REAL SUGAR !

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • with The Blue Stuff (what is that called?)

• BLACK as NIGHT, baby!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I drink my coffee with real sugar ... actually, when I can get my hands on it, Demerera Sugar (cubes or crystals)... but lately it's been the cheaper but tasty "Sugar In The Raw".

Only I just used the last of the 2lb. box and now I just keep thinking ... I ate TWO POUNDS of SUGAR.

Now I'm curious how others solve this COFFEE CONNUNDRUM ...

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
BLACK!!!! If I add cream to my coffee, it's because either: a)it's really hot and I need to drink it quickly, or b)it's not very good but I want to finish it anyways.

I remember when I first started drinking coffee drinks back in high school, I once ordered a mocha, took one sip, and had to add 4 or 5 lumps of sugar. Now, I can't even finish a small mocha because it's too sweet and makes me sick! How our tastes change....

The blue stuff is Equal, and the yellow should be Splenda.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
black here too.

i use to take a little coffee with my sugar
28.gif
when i first started drinking it. every morning i would eat a sweet breakfast which would void my sweet coffee. then one day i decided to try black coffee with my sweet breakfast. it was yummy
30.gif
! it brings out the flavors in a sweet breakfast and sorta cuts the sweet, if that makes sense. so that''s how i enjoy my coffee now, regardless of what i eat with it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you jcrow. Black coffee is great with sweets, or sweeter breakfasts. Now I''m just used to drinking it black. Makes me a lot pickier about what I consider good coffee though, because I don''t mask it with anything. At home I like to make Illy coffee in my simple Moka Pot.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
good point TravelingGal, i am picky too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have to have really good coffee and i have it with milk and sugar...

i actually take alot of sugar and one morning i measured it...i use about 5-6 teaspoons in a big glass mug of coffee, like a cafe mug. so i guess it''s not SO bad but i have to have it sweeter. i have cut back though, i think i used to use more like 8!

i have also weaned myself off of sugar in iced teas. sugar is HORRIBLE in terms of calories and carbs and it''s a total waste! i mean sure it''s good but it''s a waste. so the only sugar i have is in my coffee..and i could probably learn to use less of that too.

i can''t have the fakie sugar at all...i''d rather have none!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Splenda! (I love this stuff!!! And HATE all other substitutes.)
Land O'Lakes Fat Free Half and Half! (I love this stuff too! It's not exactly the same as real cream, but it's good - And Guilt free!)
I lost 45 pounds this year, and I think these two products helped get me there. (10 more to go!)

Scintillating...

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I have my coffee brewed very, very strong, and drink it with 1/2 & 1/2. But, if I''m having turkish coffee, which I love, I have it with sugar, no cream. Don''t know how much I put in, just to taste. Would never sully the taste of fine strong coffee with weak or artificial additives.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Soymilk

I love the slightly nutty taste. It''s great in a latte, too.

Hubby makes coffee as strong as espresso, so I have adopted the habit of mixing 50% soymilk with 50% coffee and it''s still pretty dark brown.

Must have fresh, bold, good quality coffee

soymilk is good in tea, too.
The best tea is from England, ireland and India IMHO.
Barry''s, Lyons and Typhoo are my fave brands of tea.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
When I get to drink coffee, it has to have Splenda or real sugar; non-dairy creamer. Honestly, I dont even know why I buy Splenda?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Fresh ground bean, either vanilla or hazelnut flavored, with fat free non dairy creamer and splenda. If I have hazelnut grounds I will use french vanilla creamer and vice versa. Or sometimes I will use the plain fat free creamer. Its true, real cream is so much better but so fattening so must stay fat free.

17.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it either black or with Demarara sugar. Once in a while I''ll melt a piece of chocolate in it or put in a spoonful of ice cream.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
real sugar, regular heavy cream or no sugar flavored cream. I really like it with Irish cream
18.gif
. I just can''t give up sugar in tea. My mom is from the south and I grew up with a huge pitcher of sweet tea always in the fride. Can''t beat the corn syrup sweetener restaurants use in sweet tea
18.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lotsa milk and the yellow stuff (it's called Splenda).
2.gif
If it's a rough morning then forget all the other stuff and just add some Bailey's to the coffee.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
There''s no poll response for my coffee-drinkin''-kind!!!! I take it with milk or cream......and NO sweetener.

(Sometimes if I''m having a cappucino or a latte I''ll add a tad of sugar in the raw, but otherwise I like my coffee white and bitter.....just like me. Harharharhar.)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 12:54:16 PM
Author: portoar
I have my coffee brewed very, very strong, and drink it with 1/2 & 1/2. But, if I''m having turkish coffee, which I love, I have it with sugar, no cream. Don''t know how much I put in, just to taste. Would never sully the taste of fine strong coffee with weak or artificial additives.
Good lord woman! That Turkish coffee can straighten a curly girl''s hair!! I had it once and it was way cool to have my fortune read in the grounds, but I had to choke the coffee down.
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t complete in my post, probably b/c I hadn''t FINISHED my coffee and the brain wasn''t working.

Wanted to add: I don''t take sugar or sweetener in my coffee, but I DO often add cinnamon.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Cream only. Light cream instead of half-n-half. Love it. No sugar at all.

shay

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 2:13:19 PM
Author: blueroses
There''s no poll response for my coffee-drinkin''-kind!!!! I take it with milk or cream......and NO sweetener.

LOL. I decided to make the POLL "sweetener" only ... not to "cloud" the issue (har har ... get it?
3.gif
) I am glad people are chiming in with their personal "mixes" in their posts though!!!

Myself - I''m a double vanilla gal - I like Vanilla Dunkin Donuts coffee with Coffee Mate Fat Free French Vanilla creamer. MUCHOS CHEMICAL-OS. I''ve even thought of (or someone here suggested!) infusing my SUGAR with vanilla beans. Do I hear TRIPLE VANILLA??

For awhile I was heating Lactaid Milk in the micro & making Faux-cachinnos! Hmmm. Maybe I''ll try that again
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t drink much coffee, but when I do it''s with real sugar and cream. Oh and has to be decaf.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 2:24:16 PM
Author: kaleigh
I don''t drink much coffee, but when I do it''s with real sugar and cream. Oh and has to be decaf.

Teehee......REAL CREAM!!!!! and REAL SUGAR????!!!!!

(Sorry, I was just having a lemon pie moment!!!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I agree Deco--I like the vanilla DD coffee. I''m odd in my coffee choices: I REALLY don''t like adding sugar, etc....it''s just too sweet for me. BUT I do like some flavored coffees like hazelnut or vanilla--somehow that''s sweet but not too sweet and I just add regular cream or milk to that.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
At home I drink Folgers black.

When I used to live in Chicago (where there''s Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and such....small towns
39.gif
) I used to drink Starbucks black and DD with cream and sugar.
weird, huh?

Now when I go to a coffee shop, yes we have one in town, and there''s one about 30 min away, too, I always get a Spiced Chai. That way I''m not disappointed that the coffee doesn''t taste ''right.''

Any coffee lovers try Coca Cola Blak?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 2:14:04 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 6/8/2006 12:54:16 PM
Author: portoar
Good lord woman! That Turkish coffee can straighten a curly girl''s hair!! I had it once and it was way cool to have my fortune read in the grounds, but I had to choke the coffee down.
1.gif
That''s because you didn''t put enough sugar in . . .
11.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ummmmmmm, Chai!!!!

(That''s what I do too Starset a lot of the time--my parents make some coffee I do NOT enjoy so I just have chai tea instead.)

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
flavored green-mountain coffee, 3 tsp of splenda and a half cup of milk. Same way every morning.......(love the splenda!)

wonderfultimes

Rough_Rock
always real sugar though I know it''s poison. sweet poison.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
usualy dont drink it but my fav is perked coffee, folgers very very very stong and several hours old.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cowboy Boiled Coffee when Im camping.

"The wild west version of turkish coffee. Ground coffee is placed directly in a small enameled coffee pot, water is added and brought to a boil. Strange as it sounds the secret ingredient is an egg shell. Cowpokes tell me this takes the acid taste out of the brew. Allow the grounds to settle in the pot before pouring."

If you drink it all the time you will trash your teeth it is very hard on them.

edit: whats funny is that we always called it coffee can coffee because you could make it in an old coffee can.
never seen it called cowboy boiled coffee till today LOL

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Half and half but no sweeteners. Unless we''re talking iced coffee, and then half and half and a spoonful of sugar. Mmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results