shape
carat
color
clarity

Clueless - How do you pick a caterer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
I know, I know I''m the most pathetic excuse for a female that has no idea how to plan a wedding but seriously...how do you pick a caterer? Do you just get quotes then pick or do you go try their food?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) here''s what I did.

1. Set a budget
2. ask friends in the area /other PSers/your other vendors if they have recommendations...
3. schedule a tasting

Decide:)

Also, check and see if your venue has restrictions on caterers. If they do you''ll be limited to use one of theirs and the choice is much easier
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Find out who the venue recommends!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 4:06:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
Find out who the venue recommends!
I did that. I honestly didn''t know if I was supposed to meet w/ them and they let me sample their food or what.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
They should let you try stuff. Maybe get a couple of quotes and then see who fits in there budget wise, then make them give you samples!

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m a chef, so hopefully I can help.
1) Figure out budget and think about what kind of dinner and type of food and if your guests have any special requirements-classic sit down, Italian dinner with many vegetarians?

2)get recommendations from friends, venue, websites. Check out the caterer''s websites and contact all of them that look appealing. Request a proposal for the event, including as much specific information as you can.

3) It may be easy to pick at this point, based on price and menu. Arrange a tasting with your first choice or first 2 choices if you are unsure. Once you taste the food you should know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results