shape
carat
color
clarity

CLOSE! but no *cigar*....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbling

Rough_Rock
Hope all of you LIW had a great weekend!! I, on the other hand...was TORTURED! Even though BF has pretty much said a proposal wont be coming until after I return from my trip to Dominican (with my mom...I leave Mar. 30!!) and that he doesn''t even have *the* ring yet, I thought perhaps he was just trying to throw me off...

FIRST moment of torture: He suggested we just stay in for a quiet evening on Saturday. I offered to make fondue and have some wine...romantic, right? Perfect time to propose, right? He knows I am a private person and do not want to proposal to take place in a restaurant or anywhere we might be surrounded by a lot of people. Well, it was a lovely evening and I thought it might have happened, but it didn''t.

SECOND moment of torture: We had agreed to go looking at open houses yesterday since we are currently shacking up in my 1-bedroom apartment and our goal is to get into the real estate market where we live by buying townhouse or condo. A house is out of the question right now since we live in a very exclusive coastal town in massachusetts that is ridiculously expensive. But we both LOVE it there and want to stay...
Ok...fast forward to us finding our dream place! We finally found it...now all we have to do is make an offer and get all our ducks in a row and hope and pray....after that he suggests we take a ride down to the beach (since we live only 5 minutes away and it was a gorgeous day). So, I''m thinking...this is it...he''s going to propose to me right there on my most favorite place in the world...on a Sunday afternoon. NOPE!!!
Granted, there were quite a few people down there for this time of year, so maybe he decided it was too "crowded" to do it...who knows? All i know is I am still not engaged!

Just thought I''d share this with all of you. Have to get my vent out on PS, I guess I have resigned myself to the fact that it isn''t going to happen now until at least April, which is fine. The anxiety is killing me though, it really is! It would have been nice to discuss wedding plans and the like with my mom while we were on a relaxing vacation together...

Oh well.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
UGH.. i hate those times.. and TWO in one weekend.. its just awful..

I have told this story on here before.. but I think its appropriate to share with you again here. When I was waiting for my FI to propose.. one day he asked me if that evening I wanted to go to this little town in the area that I love and have a picnic in the park. Its the town I want us to raise a family in someday, I think.. so it sort of symbolizes all my dreams for the future. It just makes me happy to go there.. but the thing was, we hadn''t been there in YEARS, probably not since the first summer we were dating. We used to go all the time..just to walk around the park and relax and stuff. So I agree and I sort of suspect that he may be thinking of proposing there.. It would have been a perfect spot.. So we go there and its pretty late at night (it was summer time and already dark so maybe 9 or 10 oclock) and he keeps making me walk arouind to all these different spots because there were people around and he wanted to be where no one would see us.. and he''d start kissing me and stuff and then people would walk by or something so he''d make me walk to another spot...I thought for SURE he was going to propose..I was being super patient with him and everything.. I don''t normally deal well with him when he acts weird like that.. . and I waited and waited and waited.. and nothing.. Finally I realize.. he just wanted to FOOL AROUND in the park.. Well I wouldn''t have gone for that ANYWAY (especially not in that park..) and now I was just ANNOYED.. because I REALLY thought that was IT and it just WASN''T.. UGH!! MEN! They just don''t get it!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry he is torturing...my BF is too...so I have now changed my ring expectations to 6 months from now, but I swear I won''t wait a day longer than that.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Kbling - If you don't mind my asking, what MA coastal town?

M

Edited* Opps, East - would mean I live in the Ocean!
9.gif

kbling

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 12:55
6.gif
8 PM
Author: MayBeDayze
Kbling - If you don''t mind my asking, what MA coastal town?
I too live in Ma, just east of Boston.

MD
Newburyport...it''s a great place to live!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I live two towns away from you in Haverhill.
9.gif

kbling

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 2
6.gif
8:19 PM
Author: aljdewey
I live two towns away from you in Haverhill.
9.gif
Small world, aljdewey!!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
KBling - I'm in Beverly! We go to Newburyport a lot...Black Cow...yum. And I love shopping at Native Sun and Body Sense! Actually, my now-husband planned to ask me to marry him at Plum Island, but he couldn't wait til the next day to do it. Where did you find a place if you don't mind me asking?

Don't get too stressed out, I'm sure it's coming soon. Besides, You'd get concerned bringing your brand new ring on a beach vacation so soon...and think of how pretty the bling will look on a tanned left hand!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You can still look at magazines and talk wedding with mom. Have a fabulous trip!

klr

kbling

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 3
6.gif
7:49 PM
Author: heart prongs
KBling - I''m in Beverly! We go to Newburyport a lot...Black Cow...yum. And I love shopping at Native Sun and Body Sense! Actually, my now-husband planned to ask me to marry him at Plum Island, but he couldn''t wait til the next day to do it. Where did you find a place if you don''t mind me asking?

Don''t get too stressed out, I''m sure it''s coming soon. Besides, You''d get concerned bringing your brand new ring on a beach vacation so soon...and think of how pretty the bling will look on a tanned left hand!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You can still look at magazines and talk wedding with mom. Have a fabulous trip!

klr
Heart prongs, HI!

The place we found is in the South End (which is where my apartment also is)...I love that part of town...close to downtown, close to the beach! We''ve learned some new information from the realtor today though that has us thinking this may not be our *dream* place after all...we''ll see. Hopefully, if it''s meant to be, it will all work out.

That is so cute that your hubby couldn''t wait to propose...although Plum Island is the PERFECT setting, IMO!

Thanks for the well wishes, and I''ll keep ya posted!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Good luck w/ the place...we have a third floor condo of an old Victorian across the street from the beach...five water views...I never want to move...hard to grow old on the third floor though!

klr

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a similiar story....very funny now but when i was waiting for my ring it was NOT so funny!
I knew my fiance would have the ring by December 13th. I picked out the setting/diamond in early october and was told 2months...it was torture! I wanted to be surprised as much as possibly but I knew it would happen before christmas. Anyway- I am a big snow person, there is something very romantic about the first winter snow. One night in late november the first snow fell, it was soooo pretty. I got a new SUV in July and my fiance was excited about the snow b/c he wanted to see how my SUV handled in the snow. So here we were in our PJ''s and he was INSISTING that we go for a drive in the snow. Normally I would have said I was tired and not going out in the cold but suddenly it dawned on me....he is going to take me somwhere in the first snow and propose!! Needless to say I couldn''t get out of the house fast enough. When we were first dating we would always drive around on the empty back roads in the snow...we had so much fun! So now I am like commenting on how beautiful the night was and how peaceful, blah blah blah and all he is doing is driving my car like it''s a toy in the snow. Needless to say it was an uneventful drive and I was very very sad when it came to an end, no ring in sight! Well about a week later i got my ring....so it WILL happen soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results