shape
carat
color
clarity

cleaning up ceremony site?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsSassy

Rough_Rock
do you guys know if the flowers/decorations are usually taken down by the venue staff or the florist? what about the reception? who cleans up everything?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
For my wedding, my brother and sister and their SO''s went to the venue the next day and cleared everything up. They also brought all the flowers home - my parents house looked like a florists for days!

It depends a bit on the venue - best to ask them, but don''t assume that you won''t be responsible.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
I think this probably varies by venue and what florist you hire. I am pretty sure that the flowers will have to be taken care of by us (moved from the church, return any rented vases, etc) but my site decorator is going to come back after the reception to take down lanterns, extra linens and things like that. My reception site is only cleaning up what they provided. I would check with your site/florist or whoever else you have to see what they will do for you. Hope this helps!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Just don''t ask your guests to do it. I''m sure you wouldn''t but I went to a small wedding that after it was over they asked all the guests to take all the decorations down and clean up.
23.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely ask your venue how it is handled there.

My niece got married in a church. I was her personal attendant. As I was collecting things that the bridesmaids, bride, groomsman had left behind from getting ready at the church. I walked past the Sanctuary and the janitor caught me and said. Is someone going to take down all these flowers? Evening mass starts in 1 hour. If they are not gone in 30 minutes I will throw them. Thank god he caught me or they would have all been gone...

My nice had forgotten all about appointing someone to do this.

I and my honey loaded everything into our van and took it all out to the reception site. Placed the bridesmaids flowers on the head table and the rest went where the cake and food was.

Looked gorgeous!!!!!!!!

We are getting married and having our reception in the same place. We already know we need to take care of clean-up. I have a couple of very sweet family members who are going to do this for me.

Our caterer will take care of everything related to them. Bar people are taking care of their stuff. Whatever else is left is ours to deal with.

Which will be decorations/flowers, putting away tables and chairs, linens and whatever we used for the ceremony. Candles ect.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
We will be responsible for removing anything we brought or had delivered to the venue, including flowers, hanging paper lanterns, votives, etc. I''ll probably end up recruiting some friends/family to help with the clean-up, and encouraging guests to take centerpieces home at the end of the night.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check with your venue and see what they say. We took a few centerpieces that were left behind, but other than that, our venue took care of cleaning up. We got married at a restaurant and we had the whole morning and most of the afternoon to ourselves. They were serving their regular patrons for dinner, so we had to be out of there by a certain time. The staff had to change around the tables, etc. anyway, so they did the clean up for us.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally depends on the venue. If it''s a hotel often clean up is included. If it''s a park or something like that, usually it is your responsibility.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine was a public park, so we had to tear down everything. During the rehearsal, DH and I delegated each person in our wedding party to be in charge of one thing (tribute candles, table cloth, table, baskets with programs, baskets with bells, aisle runner, rented ferns - which were instead of floral arrangements, microphone stand). It worked perfectly.

The vendor where we rented chairs and PA picked up those items.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results