shape
carat
color
clarity

***CLASS RINGS***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ac719

Shiny_Rock
im curious to see everyones class rings! Dig them out! lets see! :D
heres mine!

classring.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is synthetic. Otherwise I''d post it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, at least you had the option of having color Freke. We only had one (kind of boring) option (we were primarily a science/engineering school...) My current med school has a wider selection though, but it's all through Balfour, which I thought primarily offered synthetics as well...
If you enjoy class rings though, you might want to look up the tradition of MIT class rings, my friend has one, pretty cool.

jkclassring.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is fugly. I wanted to post that my best friend in high school had an older brother who worked at a jewelry store. He talked her out of buying a class ring and instead helped her pick out a beautiful ruby ring to use as a class ring. He told her she''d always be able to wear it and would still remember it represented her class graduating. I would highly recommend that to anyone who has a child who is looking into class rings. Get a classic style ring, without breaking the bank and maybe engrave the year of graduation in the band. Then you do have something you can wear for your lifetime.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean no offense by saying this, but I think the traditional class rings are really fugly. The ladies styles all look so dated in my opinion. I have a plain signet-style class ring from my grad school but nothing from HS or college.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Instead of a class ring, my parents bought me a garnet ring, similar in style to the pendant below. It''s not an expensive piece of jewelry, but it''s very pretty and appropriate for a young girl.

GP064.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, now I''m a little sad
7.gif

I didn''t get a class ring from high school or college, because I figured I''d just get one after grad school which would represent the end (hopefully) of my long career as a student. I just looked up the class ring that''s offered here though, and it''s 700$ for (in my opinion) a poorly done signet ring, especially compared to the Hopkins ring I posted earlier. I feel like I can do better for $700...

pennring.jpg

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t buy one for college, but these are the ones available. They range from $299 to $605. Not very interesting/attractive IMO. My HS ring was kind of neat since you could customize the band on either side of the stone. Mine has my name, class year and mascot.

osurings.jpg

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Found it! Here is my HS ring. The other side has my first name and class of XX. The stone is a little brighter than real life since I was using on camera flash.

hsclassringblue.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my hs ring melted down. The college ring actually is a nice design in yellow gold with an emerald shape onyx with the school emblem engraved in it. But I haven''t worn it since soon after I graduated. For the most part, I think they are a waste of money! Give me a gemstone ring anyday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never bought one. I thought they were ugly.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
i was offered class ring in high school but they are fake (gold dipped?) and expensive...
No idea about my college ring...I guess I will find out when I graduate in 2010...

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:04:01 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Mine is synthetic. Otherwise I''d post it.
Ditto. Mine is real 10K gold (woo) but the stone is synthetic aquamarine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results