Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Cincinnati Zoo Names Its Newest Baby Penguin “Bowie

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The Cincinnati Zoo celebrated the birth of its first baby animal of 2016 on Friday, a blue penguin. As Friday was both Elvis Presley’s and David Bowie’s birthday, but the zoo already has a penguin named “The King,” it was decided that the penguin would be named “Bowie.”
“Meet Bowie, the first Zoo Baby of 2016! The chick was named after @DavidBowieReal because today is his birthday!,” tweeted the Zoo. The zoo says the baby penguin hatched at 6 am Friday, weighing less than 46 grams (1.6 ounces).

http://www.boredpanda.com/baby-penguin-david-bowie-tribute-cincinnati-zoo/

image_4182.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww what a precious precious baby. :love: :love: :love: And a very fitting name honoring Bowie.
Thank you for posting about this Rockinruby.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I'm so glad you thought he was a cutie! I wasn't going to post it, but then thought at least Missy will want to see it! :lol: Baby animals are so cute! Hmmm, we've been invited to go visit some puppies this coming wknd which may or may not be a great idea! :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go visit the puppies Rockinruby. :appl: You will have the best time and well maybe end up rescuing a wonderful furbaby. :appl:
Oh and if you do end up going maybe a puppy pic or 2 for those of us who are puppy deprived...pretty please. :cheeky:

And thank you again for posting about this baby penguin. I bet many others find him super adorable too! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Missy, you are right about others liking animal stories. That's one thing I love about PS....there are a lot of animal lovers here! :clap:

I will be happy to post puppy pics if we go. The last one we adopted was a senior dog so we might be ready for a younger one the next time. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1452649240|3975107 said:
Missy, you are right about others liking animal stories. That's one thing I love about PS....there are a lot of animal lovers here! :clap:

I will be happy to post puppy pics if we go. The last one we adopted was a senior dog so we might be ready for a younger one the next time. :appl:
Good luck Rockinruby! Wish I could join you this weekend...Have fun!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.