shape
carat
color
clarity

cigar bar dilemma

Mackenzie

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a dilemma and am hoping you creative ladies can help me out. My fiance wants to have a cigar bar at our wedding in August. I am all for the idea. However, the only part of our reception that is outdoors is the cocktail hour (we''re getting married at a yacht club). My concern is that if we get a cigar roller or have a cigar bar, all the men will be outside smoking cigars all night and not inside dancing and enjoying the party. Would it be weird to have the cigars only for the cocktail hour? Anyone have any suggestions?

AWicker

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it would be weird to do it during the cocktail hour; however, people generally smoke cigars after dinner. I think most men would be pleased to have it offered at all, and would have a lot of fun participating in it regardless of when you have it. You could always offer the cigar bar for a certain amount of time, say 1 hour, after the meal is served. I think a cutoff time would be necessary in order to avoid the situation you''re worried about. Also, I don''t know what your budget is or what kind of cigar bar you plan on having, but if you''re going to have a cigar roller present, they generally charge by the amount of cigars that are rolled. By having a cutoff time, you could also avoid going over budget with the cigars. Sounds like fun!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 11:17:18 AM
Author: AWicker
I don''t think it would be weird to do it during the cocktail hour; however, people generally smoke cigars after dinner. I think most men would be pleased to have it offered at all, and would have a lot of fun participating in it regardless of when you have it. You could always offer the cigar bar for a certain amount of time, say 1 hour, after the meal is served. I think a cutoff time would be necessary in order to avoid the situation you''re worried about. Also, I don''t know what your budget is or what kind of cigar bar you plan on having, but if you''re going to have a cigar roller present, they generally charge by the amount of cigars that are rolled. By having a cutoff time, you could also avoid going over budget with the cigars. Sounds like fun!
Great suggestion for a compromise. I agree that most people smoke them after eating so offering it for a limited time after the meal (and say, before you cut the cake) is a nice idea.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Every single wedding I have been to in Miami have had cigar rollers. The men (and women!) were still inside dancing. Typically, they''d have the cigar rolled for them during the cocktail hour and at some point in the evening go out and smoke it (usually with the bride and groom). I think there were only a handful, like my FI who loves cigars, that would go out more than once or twice to smoke.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We had one at our cocktail hour and half. We had way too many cigars but they were all scooped up by the cigar smokers however, our dance floor was packed the entire reception.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We were going to have one at our Rehearsal Dinner instead of the reception. Is that an option?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results